Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Luxembourg MBA is providing a 2 Year Work Permit 4 students [#permalink]
Kudos
JUST ABOUT Luxembourg...to people who don't know about the country...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... y_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

https://www.luxembourgforbusiness.lu/lux ... life-study
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,

Having read through all the posts, I would like to compliment you for being of great help in addressing concerns of
prospective students. I have applied for the MBA with Internship at SHU,Luxembourg & in the process of submitting
the recommendations etc.

I have completed 4 yrs of Work experience in Banking & Insurance domain.Currently, I am part of the Wealth Management team
for First Gulf Bank in Dubai,UAE.

I would like to understand how would the job opportunities be for Private Banking & Wealth Management ?
These are the primary areas of interest for me.

To supplement the funding for my education, would finding a part time job in Finance firms be feasible ?

Looking forward to your reply,

thanks,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
adityanshirodkar wrote:
Hi ,

Having read through all the posts, I would like to compliment you for being of great help in addressing concerns of
prospective students. I have applied for the MBA with Internship at SHU,Luxembourg & in the process of submitting
the recommendations etc.

I have completed 4 yrs of Work experience in Banking & Insurance domain.Currently, I am part of the Wealth Management team
for First Gulf Bank in Dubai,UAE.

I would like to understand how would the job opportunities be for Private Banking & Wealth Management ?
These are the primary areas of interest for me.

To supplement the funding for my education, would finding a part time job in Finance firms be feasible ?

Looking forward to your reply,

thanks,
Aditya

Why would you want to do a part time job when you can get a fulltime job for your internship of 9 months. There are lot of banks that focus on Private Wealth management such as KBL, BIL, Credit Agricole, BNP......so your focus should be to make as many good contacts during your 9 months fulltime internship and you can get it extended if you do a good job. There is no question of part-time job. If you are asking me whether you can do a part time job after your 9-5 work and 6.30-9.30 class in a day , I cant find time after that..... I think the internship money is sufficient for you to live and enjoy....Internships are not part time....they are fulltime from 9-5....I can extend my internship but since I want to take an exchange to the US, I am not planning to.... If things are not clear...just take a look at the previous posts again....there is 2 pages on information...:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.

I was asking about the initial 16 months of the MBA, what is the schedule of lectures ?
Is there a scope to work - part time during the initial 16 months as the internship is applicable in the last 9 months.

When is the option for US exchange exercised by students ?

Regards,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
adityanshirodkar wrote:
Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.

I was asking about the initial 16 months of the MBA, what is the schedule of lectures ?
Is there a scope to work - part time during the initial 16 months as the internship is applicable in the last 9 months.

When is the option for US exchange exercised by students ?

Regards,
Aditya

Hi Aditya,

You did not read the previous posts. Ok i am copying the same content from the previous post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Yes , fulltime students will be following the schedule of work in the morning say from 9-5 and classes in the evening 6.30-9.30.
Time:- Pre-requisite courses starts in july Year 1 and runs till Sep. Year 1.
The real MBA starts from Sep Year1 -Dec Year 2. The internship period starts based on the company. But mostly by November/December Year 1.

From November-July, you will be working in the morning and classes will be held in the evening. Some individuals/companies want students to stay from Nov-Nov for the internship, but it really depends.
We also get quite a good amount of leaves from the government from work since we are working and studying.

And so if you don't require a pre-requisite course, you actually finish your MBA in 16 months with a 9-12 months internship. So the ROI is one among the highest.

2. I hope now you understood our schedule, so as soon as the internship finishes in july, we have an asia trip for 2 weeks, to visit some of our alumni, companies, countries. So it would be a wonderful trip.

And from September, you can study in the US for a semester and sometimes people want to study some more additional subjects from the US campus and so they stay for a little longer.`
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So during the 16 months mba, you will have classes in the evening from 6.30 - 9.30 and you will be working in the morning fulltime. So my schedule is I work from 9-5 and 6.30-9.30 in the evening, the same day, I have my classes. Sat and Sun are holidays, so you can enjoy, take rest, finish assignments and stuff....

I am sure, you can find most of the answers in this post, but I will be always ready to help. I don't want to repeat and write the same stuff...:)

About the US exchange, it depends on the courses that are scheduled there during the period of your visit. The professors that are available for teaching, if you want to attend their classes. So it depends on your requirements and the schedule of classes. You can also go to enhance your contacts, the period of stay in US campus is totally on you. You can take a weeks course to 3-4 months.

Thanks,
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I heard that there are so many applicants for this year, but they are not taking in much people. They are carefully screening people and are accepting very few people. But whoever feels to apply, I think they can still. Just be sure to have some uniqueness in ur profile.

Originally posted by akkumon2020 on 15 Feb 2013, 02:11.
Last edited by akkumon2020 on 01 Jul 2013, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
akkumon2020 wrote:
I heard that there are so many applicants for this year, but they are not taking in much people. They are carefully screening people and are excepting very few people. But whoever feels to apply, I think they can still. Just be sure to have some uniqueness in ur profile.

Good to hear that. Definitely SHU is a much better than many of the ranked schools in Europe. The kind of response I received from them is very friendly and helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Guys, just to let you know.....i was travellling to different places around luxembourg......its close and good for weekend trips.....good thing about luxembourg is,
u earn more and you can easily enjoy - close by countries like amsterdam, germany, belgium...... i went to amsterdam for a 5 day vacation, it was superb.......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to all my new classmates who got admission for this year and I hope to see you guys soon!!!!!
People who are still waiting to hear from the school, best of luck to you guys also.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Wow highly informative post.
I will need to use some of the questions posted here in my own research.
Thanks to all the contributors for the great post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="TechWithNoExp"]Wow highly informative post.
I will need to use some of the questions posted here in my own research.
Thanks to all the contributors for the great post.[/qu

dude....if you liked the post, a free kudos!!!! it took some much of my time.....hahha....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
So true.
Forgot about the Kudos thing.
Enjoy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TechWithNoExp wrote:
So true.
Forgot about the Kudos thing.
Enjoy

By the way which school in San Jose....and 2016 is quite a forward plan....ur name Techwithnoexperience will change i guess by that time.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello All,

First off, thank you for all of the useful information provided above. I was recently accepted into the SHU Luxembourg MBA program and all of this info is sure to help give me a good idea of what to expect upon arrival in Luxembourg at the end of August. I am a U.S. citizen who just recently graduated from undergraduate coursework. One of my biggest concerns is finding reasonable housing accommodations. At this point, I am planning on staying in a local hostel suggested by the school when I first arrive and beginning my apartment search immediately. If anyone has any ideas on specific areas of the city in which are close enough to campus, friendly for a younger crowd and reasonably priced, I am open to suggestions. I also have been a bit concerned as to the internship hiring process. I am sure, as one of the younger students in the program, I will not have as much relevant work experience as most of my fellow classmates. What should I expect in terms of the interviewing process, and would you deem it likely that I will be able to secure an internship to start in November? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you in the Fall.

Best Regards,

-Sean
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
sreilly12 wrote:
Hello All,

First off, thank you for all of the useful information provided above. I was recently accepted into the SHU Luxembourg MBA program and all of this info is sure to help give me a good idea of what to expect upon arrival in Luxembourg at the end of August. I am a U.S. citizen who just recently graduated from undergraduate coursework. One of my biggest concerns is finding reasonable housing accommodations. At this point, I am planning on staying in a local hostel suggested by the school when I first arrive and beginning my apartment search immediately. If anyone has any ideas on specific areas of the city in which are close enough to campus, friendly for a younger crowd and reasonably priced, I am open to suggestions. I also have been a bit concerned as to the internship hiring process. I am sure, as one of the younger students in the program, I will not have as much relevant work experience as most of my fellow classmates. What should I expect in terms of the interviewing process, and would you deem it likely that I will be able to secure an internship to start in November? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to meeting some of you in the Fall.

Best Regards,

-Sean

Hi Sean,

So first things first: Luxembourg is small, so if you can look for a place which is close to the city, it would be the best option. Now, what you can do is, when you search for an apartment, go to the google maps and search for Gare central, Luxembourg (which is the one of the main centres of luxembourg) - anything 5-10 mins from here should be easily accessible. (places like Bonnevoie, Belair). The other search you can do is city centre ( which is also close to Gare central and another main centre. City centre and Gare are about 1.5kms apart.). Now if you want to stay just next to the happening place - go for Clausen (or called Grund and something close to this shuld do the trick ). Don't pay any money or come to any agreements before hand. Look for places and when you come you can see if you like the place or not. I hope it helps.

Internship, your profile might have been good and also the school will arrange some interviews for you. But the basic challenge you might face is since you don't have a prior experience it might be difficult to look for something very specific. For example: if you are looking out for sales and marketing in an energy company or working in alternative fund investments...etc....would be difficult, we can try for broad positions during internship and during the course of time change it and work accordingly. We wouldn't have the bargaining power. You will definitely secure a good internship and the school has a very powerful board, so they will try to get you through internships for your area of interest.

So everything should be good and in-case you want to talk to me directly, we can arrange a skype session one day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I have a plan to study MBA at Sacred Heart University next year. Could anyone guide me regarding college structure and job opportunity after course?

As I heard but not sure that they are not providing any campus selection process after course. I am concern about job opportunity. As France,Germany and Belgium also neighbouring countries , can I apply jobs there?

Seems to me, this one is very good opportunity but little bit confuse regarding post opportunity.

Thanks for your reply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I have send you my email. We can arrange a skype session and you can shoot all your queries. If you read the blog properly, both the pages you should get a lot of your questions answered and if you still have some, we can discuss.

Saikat1239 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a plan to study MBA at Sacred Heart University next year. Could anyone guide me regarding college structure and job opportunity after course?

As I heard but not sure that they are not providing any campus selection process after course. I am concern about job opportunity. As France,Germany and Belgium also neighbouring countries , can I apply jobs there?

Seems to me, this one is very good opportunity but little bit confuse regarding post opportunity.

Thanks for your reply.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4