Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 00:08 It is currently 07 May 2024, 00:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [2]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 181 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 530 Q43 V20
GMAT 2: 560 Q42 V25
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 181 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 530 Q43 V20
GMAT 2: 560 Q42 V25
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
Send PM
Re: A recent study has provided clues to predator-prey d [#permalink]
akshaygaur wrote:
Well, Thanks for the reply!! but I read somewhere that primary purpose questions deals with "why the author wrote the passage" and in my opinion the author wrote the passage to indicate the plausible explanation for difference in the frequency of tooth fractures. Now, since we don't have an option stating that the primary purpose is to indicate the plausible explanation so I inferred that the author wrote several explanations and went on to plausible explanation. :roll:

What you say is correct but to find the purpose we have to be very literal and read through the passage especially how it ends and not just limit to first paragraph. If the last four lines starting with such... are not included, the answer you picked would be right..

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
the ans is e , bcuz implications mean conclusion drawn from something , and the para above is a finding , as they havent taken any concrete stand . so the ans is E
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 793 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Kudos
My take to solve primary purpose passage is to read complete passage or skim it ( read first line of each para ) whatever you do make sure to reorganize thought . . put your brain and think why has author written this passage ? and think in generic terms . whats generic term ? i remember the most dumb answer the last bencher gave to teacher (after knowing not much about the topic) when I was in 6th standard.

U just need to know what author is talking about never go for any kind of detail. The answer choices referring to details are well crafted to catch your attention as is A . . this one was easier para though you may find more difficult ones too ..

Has the author written this to provide several explanations ? no he was just telling that a new research finding has put light on some blah blah blah , , E is bingo . .

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Reading Comprehension (RC) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13998 posts