Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I have just received an update from my AO. The committee is now finalising the class of Dec'14. If there are going to be any changes (that said admissions from the waitlist), they will occur by Dec. 24. The office looks forward to allocating available places by Christmas break.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Man thats too late......class starts a few weeks after that date. Who is your AO........Are you sure she knows what she is saying? Where are you now? Sounds really weird diude
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AfanasyevAE wrote:
I have just received an update from my AO. The committee is now finalising the class of Dec'14. If there are going to be any changes (that said admissions from the waitlist), they will occur by Dec. 24. The office looks forward to allocating available places by Christmas break.

Hi, thanks for your information. At least there is some hope to be off from waitlist even it's crazy...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
INSEAD office is closed from the 23rd until 1st. AO dont know what she is saying.........Oh well.......Pray there is hope...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
It may sound like a meaningless question now. But could someone please let us the MBA connect count now and the number of Indians?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
joshi702 wrote:
It may sound like a meaningless question now. But could someone please let us the MBA connect count now and the number of Indians?

Total: 519
Indians: 56
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
joshi702 wrote:

Latest:

Total: 517
Indians: 55

Quick update from my end - I was accepted to the program few weeks back. I've been traveling with limited access to the internet.
On the wait list, it all boils down to luck. In my case, there was someone with a very similar profile who withdrew. Just to show how crazy it gets, this person had the
1) same ethnicity
2) same city where we grew up
3) same undergraduate university
4) same graduate school
5) similar starting industry/ location (financial services)
6) similar current focus/ industry (entrepreneurship)
7) same native language
8) same gender
...and possibly there were more similarities!

Good luck to all those who are waiting or deferred to the next intake. Happy to help in any way I can. Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
This message is for waitlisters. I dun know how to explain this... but I guess you can think of me as someone who is reachin out to those who were in the same situation as me early last yr. I am currently in the INSEAD 2014D class. 2 years ago, I applied to 2013D class third round, was waitlisted, rejected, reapplied to 2014D class second round, got in.

For those of you who applied to third round and did not receive a rejection that encouraged you to reapply, you may still consider the option of reapplying. I was in such a situation and wrote a 400-word reapplication (200 words on updates of my profile, 200 words on motivation to reapply) essay despite having gotten an outright rejection. Yes, some things have changed in my profile (including a higher GMAT), but all-in-all, I only updated my new situation in 200 words. Did my change in profile have an effect? Was my previous profile already good enough?... I dunno. INSEAD has its own way of organising the class so there is no point guessing. End of the day, just do not give up simply because you did not receive an rejection that encourage you to reapply. If you think you have grounds to reapply, do consider reapplying.

It is not my intention to bring hopes up again. I have been through the waitlist process (and rejection) so I know its not easy. In fact, it is very, very difficult. I am also not suggesting that all waitlisters should reapply. Like I said earlier, you can think of me as someone who is reachin out to those who were in the same situation as me early last yr.

Lastly, life is full of surprises. Getting into INSEAD is great but not getting in doesn't mean something better won't come along. Stay positive and continue to work hard towards what you wish to achieve. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
heyhey123 wrote:
This message is for waitlisters. I dun know how to explain this... but I guess you can think of me as someone who is reachin out to those who were in the same situation as me early last yr. I am currently in the INSEAD 2014D class. 2 years ago, I applied to 2013D class third round, was waitlisted, rejected, reapplied to 2014D class second round, got in.

For those of you who applied to third round and did not receive a rejection that encouraged you to reapply, you may still consider the option of reapplying. I was in such a situation and wrote a 400-word reapplication (200 words on updates of my profile, 200 words on motivation to reapply) essay despite having gotten an outright rejection. Yes, some things have changed in my profile (including a higher GMAT), but all-in-all, I only updated my new situation in 200 words. Did my change in profile have an effect? Was my previous profile already good enough?... I dunno. INSEAD has its own way of organising the class so there is no point guessing. End of the day, just do not give up simply because you did not receive an rejection that encourage you to reapply. If you think you have grounds to reapply, do consider reapplying.

It is not my intention to bring hopes up again. I have been through the waitlist process (and rejection) so I know its not easy. In fact, it is very, very difficult. I am also not suggesting that all waitlisters should reapply. Like I said earlier, you can think of me as someone who is reachin out to those who were in the same situation as me early last yr.

Lastly, life is full of surprises. Getting into INSEAD is great but not getting in doesn't mean something better won't come along. Stay positive and continue to work hard towards what you wish to achieve. All the best!

thanks you heyhey. it is very encouraging. all the best to you in Insead and career after that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi,

I applied to INSEAD for the August 2014 intake but got this response:

The Admissions Committee has decided that you need to gain at least one more year of professional experience before attending the INSEAD MBA programme. This additional experience would better prepare you for the course.
Consequently, on behalf of the Admissions Committee, it is my great pleasure to offer you a place in the INSEAD MBA Class of July 2016, starting in Singapore on 24 August 2015.
Congratulations and welcome to the worldwide INSEAD community!
Admissions Requirements
As your admission to the programme is conditional on you gaining additional work experience, please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile. This information will need to be sent to your Admissions Officer by 1 June, 2015

Has anyone received a deferred admit before? What does this mean? Is this an almost-admit? What are my chances of getting an admit/reject next year?

What should I do? I am confused and re-evaluating my plan considering the position I am in. If you have or if you know someone who has been admitted conditionally please let me know how it works out.
Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All INSEAD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated INSEAD Forum to dive into all things related to INSEAD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  128   129   130   131   132   133   134 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts