Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 21:39 It is currently 07 May 2024, 21:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.31
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.31
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation and Suggestion on Re take. [#permalink]
InterviewBay2 wrote:
Starting with your score, it’s a risk trying for your target schools as not only the score but also other factors are suggesting that and we would talk about them as well. Now, you have a decent amount of work experience but what matters is that it proposes your image as a candidate possessing strong leadership qualities. So try to take up responsibilities in your job where you get to enhance your leadership qualities. Also get involved into extracurricular activities as it forms an important part of the application and here also try to enhance your leadership skills. So being at your place I would definitely go for another take of GMAT aiming 720+ as it would also help open various other B-school options. So get started and Good Luck!

Thank you so much "InterviewBay2". I have a lot going through my mind after reading this response , Thanks for the new perspective to think about.

Now i have different set of questions as i understand that a score "720" alone would not fetch me a decent chance. Do you think taking up a new job or switching to a different lane (BD or Business analyst for a Start up) would help diversify my profile and thereby provide an edge over competition ? not to mention that I would have less than 6 months of Experience when appear for the R1 of interviews ?
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation and Suggestion on Re take. [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
(please note that InterviewBay2 is not affiliated with mbaMission. Thank you! ;) )

I am not sure I followed all that Interview Bay was saying, but certainly it is true that schools are looking at the ENTIRE picture of who you are, and what you'll bring to the class, and much of that is based on your professional experience. It's tough to assess at this point/here, but within ANY job, you need to think back about.... where have you made an impact? big or small is fine. what have you achieved or accomplished? How have you influenced others? How have you worked on a team? how have you gone above and beyond what was expected? how have you shown any type of leadership? etc.

So think about that even within your past (or short term future) in your role now. That is most important. Let me know what other q's and concerns you have, and yes work on that GMAT as well. ;)
Moderator:
1455 posts