Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 03:46 It is currently 02 May 2024, 03:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '17
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Account Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink]
Hello Aderayo,

The university of Toronto offers a great deal of child care support-related services which can be found here:
https://www.familycare.utoronto.ca/child ... dcare.html

Hope that helps!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
RotmanMBAMichael wrote:
Hello Juggernaut,

During your studies though, you are also eligible for additional scholarships based on your accomplishments in your first year of your MBA (so you get the scholarship to finance your second year of studies).

Hi Michael,

Can you throw some light on the GPA requirement for scholarship in 2nd year and what is the scholarship amount(as % of 2nd year tuition) that is granted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Hello,

Can you give any insight into when a local applicant (Toronto) could expect to hear if they will receive an interview for round 2?

Thanks
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
RotmanMBAMichael wrote:
Hello Juggernaut,

During your studies though, you are also eligible for additional scholarships based on your accomplishments in your first year of your MBA (so you get the scholarship to finance your second year of studies).

Hi Michael,

Can you throw some light on the GPA requirement for scholarship in 2nd year and what is the scholarship amount(as % of 2nd year tuition) that is granted

Hi Abhi,

The in-program awards are based on a variety of factors, only 1 of which being GPA. i.e. students with the top GPA might be eligible for some awards while students who were really involved on campus, regardless of GPA, might be eligible for other awards.

The in-program scholarships this past year ranged in value from $500-$22,000. There is no guarantee that next year said awards will be identical but this should be a useful guide for you nonetheless.
Send PM
enggirl wrote:
Hello,

Can you give any insight into when a local applicant (Toronto) could expect to hear if they will receive an interview for round 2?

Thanks

Hi Enggirl,

As noted on our website:
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Apply.aspx
Round 2 decisions will have been made by Feb 21. So you will have heard something by then at the absolute latest. :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Hello,

I am wondering about Rotman's policy regarding deferrals for the Full-Time program. Your website indicates that for the EMBA and the ME-MBA allow for a deferral for one year, but I was not able to find this information for the Full-Time.

If there deferrals for Full-Time, are there circumstances before Rotman allows the deferral?

I ask this because although I have been admitted, I have recently been contacted by a recruiter hinting that I may be interviewing with their firm soon. I want to be able to strengthen my application profile (and maybe get a scholarship at Rotman) and resume pre-MBA for a career search post-MBA.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Admission Team,

While reviewing the application requirements, I found that GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who pass the CFA level 3 exam. I passed the exam last June 2013 but I'm not yet a CFA charterholder. What proof do I need to submit so that the GMAT requirement will be waived?

Also, the website states that the IELTS requirement is waived for people who graduated from recognized English language university. Where will I be able to check if my school falls under this? I'm from the Philippines and graduated from a university in which the primary medium of education is English.

Thanks.
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
@Jigglypuff, we very rarely offer deferrals. This is because of the cohort nature of our MBA program.
If one was admitted, declines admission and then reapplies the subsequent year, because the class makeup changes every year, it is almost like one would be applying as a new candidate.

@botbot, to demonstrate proof of completion of all 3 CFA levels, we would require an email from the CFA institute saying that you have indeed passed all of your CFA levels.

To your second question, if the language of instruction at your school was entirely in English then it would qualify as an English-language university. :-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi there!

I was wondering for the average GPA that Rotman reports, is that final year GPA? For instance, my GPA for my 4th year is 3.8, but my cGPA is 3.34. Which GPA will Rotman put more emphasis on?

Many thanks!
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Holtwill!

We look at final year GPA, not overall CGPA. Good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OK great! Thanks for the reply!

Also, given that you only consider the last year's GPA - would there be any point in using the optional essay to explain a situation in my mid-second to third-year where I dropped down to a half-course load, and unfortunately failed a course. I lost my Mother suddenly and struggled with a full course load. I then tried to make it up in the summer and failed the course. Over the course of the next year, I was able to start taking a full-course load with much higher grades and never looked back. The failed course is essentially the difference between my current 3.34 and a potential 3.5. I don't like making excuses, but I'm worried that an admissions team would look at that period of my transcript (taking part-time courses and a 40% in a class, which is definitely an outlier) and red flags would flare. Then toss my application away.

I'm inclined to say yes, I should explain.

Thank you for your help!
Send PM
The optional essay is designed to give our prospective students space to explain components of their application that aren’t explained elsewhere so yes, explaining your circumstances in your 2nd-3rd yrs of university would fit that criteria!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hello,

This has nothing to do with admissions, but you mentioned in another thread that if we had any Rotman questions we could ask them here. I wanted to ask about the Pre-Program in August. Registration opens on July 9, but what time does it open? I ask because the information on the Pre-Program was scheduled to be released on July 3, and I thought it meant midnight but it was released in the afternoon at 15:21 local time. Also, will we be registering directly through the portal or through ROSI?

Thanks!
Send PM
Hi MrBilliards,

We typically answer questions here from those who are looking for more information about Rotman, our application process, etc.

Given you’ve already been admitted I’d recommend emailing me directly with your question and we can take it from there. (see the footer of this post for my contact info)

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Michael,

I am an Indian IT male with 4 years of work experience, an above average of undergrad scores(completed my degree with 71 %) and a GMAT score of 690.

How good is my profile currently to apply to Rotman ? I am really interested in applying to Rotman because of the high quality of education that I have read about and heard of.
Also, overall could you just mention an approximate figure for living and studying(including tuition, accommodation, food,normal living expenses,etc) while pursuing our MBA from Rotman ?
Send PM
Hello Tushar,

Great to see your interest in Rotman! I would recommend checking out our class profile:
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... ofile.aspx
As you can see your background fits. However we consider all components of a candidate’s profile equally. So for example, if someone has a so-so GMAT but great GPA, work experience, interview, etc. we might admit them. Conversely, someone with a 770 GMAT but not so strong work experience, weak interview etc, we might not admit them.

Another very important thing to note is the importance we place on diversity of our class here at Rotman. That is, if you feel your background is similar to many other prospective students, it is very important that you apply early. (i.e. in round 1 of the admissions cycle for the intake you are applying for)

Hope that helps. Good luck with your application!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Micheal, I am interested in knowing how flexible job search for internships and post-MBA is. Will the school's career center be able to help me if I was interested in getting a plcement outside of Toronto i.e. Calgary?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts