Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 06:52 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 06:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1594 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: ISB applicants 2014 - Ask GyanOne [#permalink]
Hello GyanOne,

My Profile,
GMAT-720
X-84%
XII-67%
BE Mech- 67% Univ of Pune Distinction
Masters- Technical University of Berlin, Global Production Engg (3 years stay in Germany)
(GPA-1.8, 1 is the highest and 5 is lowest, 2 subjects topper,special recommendation from Business Administration department, rank 2 in the batch)
1 year internship and Thesis in Germany (Rolls Royce Germany)
2 years 9 months (till dec2014) of professional experience in India Asst Manager and then Deputy Manager
All the experiences in Global Sourcing,Procurement,Supply Chain Management in Manufacturing field.
Extra Curricular Activities- B2 German Level Profeciency, NGO member, Tree Plantation Group leader,Football Club Level
Carrer after ISB- Strategy Leadership,Project Management,General Management,Procurement SCM

Can you please evaluate my Profile and guide me in General about the possibilities or the weaknesses which I should overcome
I Need to know about when should I apply to ISB? 2015,2016 or 2017? to increase my possibility
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

Thank you for providing this useful service. Please find below my information.

General Information:
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Male
Age - 25

GMAT - 710 (Q48, V40) (1st and only attempt)

Academics:
M.S. Mechanical Engineering - State University of New York, Stony Brook - Class of 2011
CGPA: 3.58 (Completed in 1.5 yrs. with research thesis and one conference paper)

B.E. Mechanical Engineering (sandwich) - University of Pune, India - Class of 2010
GPA: 71.46% (Aggregate of all 4 yrs - 66.17% - Distinction) - First class with Distinction (In the top 15 in the university) - Among the top 10% during all four years.
The sandwich course is a combination of classroom coursework and industry experience. During the 4 yrs of engineering we do classroom coursework for 3 yrs. and work FT for 1 yr. (6 months in Junior year, and 6 months in Senior year).

Work Experience: Total 36 months.
- Ford Motor Company, Michigan (2+ yrs.) - Held two positions;
1. Value management engineer (currently holding) - Lead the cost reduction process. Identify and implement design modifications and manage the cost of components. Create and analyze business cases and assess profitability for these cost reduction items. Lead multiple projects resulting in $200k to $500k in terms of savings per year.
2. Design variation engineer - Managed the deliverable's of the different groups internally (Engineering, Clay modelling, etc.) to ensure the new model vehicles are issue free and have a smooth launch.

- Valeo, Michigan (8 months) - Mechanical design engineer - Worked with OEM (Nissan) and suppliers for designing and release of automotive engine cooling components. Manage and negotiate product costs with suppliers.

- Intelligent Product Solutions, New York (14 months) - Mechanical engineering co-op - Worked as a engineering services consultant for Motorola solutions. Worked with the Motorola 'Customer Response Team' to resolve design/functionality issues that the customers face in the field.

- Bosch, India (6 months during senior year) - Mechanical Engineer - Worked in the process planning group to improve the efficiency of the manufacturing processes by introducing new technology and making process design changes. On one of my bigger projects saved INR 1.66 million/year cost to company.

- Thermax, India (6 months during junior year) - Mechanical Engineer - Worked in the safety engineering group and implemented safety improving equipment's in the factory.

Extracurricular's:
- Two Patent's for a 'Hinge design'.
- District level Basketball player (during high school).
- Finalist at a national level 'Robotics' competition (during undergrad). Participated in about 7 competitions.
- Extraordinary effort/performance award from Ford.
- Arranged training sessions on the design tools.
- Trained fresh graduates on the workplace ethics and methods and info session on company products.
- Arranged info sessions whenever I left a job so that the people taking over from me would have less obstacles to deal with.

Target programs:
- ISB-Hyderabad

Post MBA goal:
- Want to work as Business Development Manager at a technology firm such as Amazon, Google or Microsoft.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Post Removed

Originally posted by mehersagar on 04 Jan 2015, 13:14.
Last edited by mehersagar on 29 Jun 2015, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi,

I am looking forward to apply to ISB for the term starting next year. Kindly evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR3 AWA5.5
B.Tech Computer Science, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus - CGPA 6.3
XIIth CBSE - 89%
Xth CBSE - 94%

Professional Experience:
14 Months in EMC Consulting, worked on providing platform services for customers who bought EMC big data suite.
Also worked on 2 public sector health care projects - was awarded the prestigious Gold Award from a task force of 5000 employees in India.
Also freelanced as a BI consultant for Indian Health Action Trust - created a inputs-outcomes model based dashboard to help them monitor their PHCs and SCs. This work attained acclamation from their parent company - BMGF care and is now being implemented across other districts and states. Worked closely with their Strategic and Planning team. Also provided training to them on using and building the dashboards.
Worked on providing PAAS to a telecom in Brazil, a POC which was bought in by the client into a project.

4 months and continuing in Accenture, Capability Network.
Currently working as a Systems Integration Analyst to build a value added platform for the client to enhance their capability of real time monitoring. Got the opportunity to work on site (Manchester, UK) and have been making frequent 3 week long trips since January. - (Could I also sell this a performance acknowledgement/badge?) Work revolves around solutioning the platform and creating the right business value through cost calculations, visualisations etc. Have also been involved with important conversation regarding time estimation and resource allocation etc.

Extra Curricular Activities:
I'm an avid football player and participate in various tournaments in Bangalore. Recently we came runners up in the BITS Alumni tournament and also 3rd in the intra emc tournament. I have also represented the emc football team in a number of tournaments.

Achievements:
Selected for International Student Exchange program to Japan on behalf of CBSE - was a part of the 60 member team that was selected from India.
Was the school head boy in XII
Captained the university football team in various regional and national tournaments
Was the head coordinator for department of sponsorship and marketing, Fest organizing body - we scaled a regional fest to a successful national fest

Regards,
Nikhil
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi,

I am looking forward to apply to ISB for the term starting next year. Kindly evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR3 AWA5.5
B.Tech Computer Science, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus - CGPA 6.3
XIIth CBSE - 89%
Xth CBSE - 94%

Professional Experience:
14 Months in EMC Consulting, worked on providing platform services for customers who bought EMC big data suite.
Also worked on 2 public sector health care projects - was awarded the prestigious Gold Award from a task force of 5000 employees in India.
Also freelanced as a BI consultant for Indian Health Action Trust - created a inputs-outcomes model based dashboard to help them monitor their PHCs and SCs. This work attained acclamation from their parent company - BMGF care and is now being implemented across other districts and states. Worked closely with their Strategic and Planning team. Also provided training to them on using and building the dashboards.
Worked on providing PAAS to a telecom in Brazil, a POC which was bought in by the client into a project.

4 months and continuing in Accenture, Capability Network.
Currently working as a Systems Integration Analyst to build a value added platform for the client to enhance their capability of real time monitoring. Got the opportunity to work on site (Manchester, UK) and have been making frequent 3 week long trips since January. - (Could I also sell this a performance acknowledgement/badge?) Work revolves around solutioning the platform and creating the right business value through cost calculations, visualisations etc. Have also been involved with important conversation regarding time estimation and resource allocation etc.

Extra Curricular Activities:
I'm an avid football player and participate in various tournaments in Bangalore. Recently we came runners up in the BITS Alumni tournament and also 3rd in the intra emc tournament. I have also represented the emc football team in a number of tournaments.

Achievements:
Selected for International Student Exchange program to Japan on behalf of CBSE - was a part of the 60 member team that was selected from India.
Was the school head boy in XII
Captained the university football team in various regional and national tournaments
Was the head coordinator for department of sponsorship and marketing, Fest organizing body - we scaled a regional fest to a successful national fest

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

Here is our evaluation of your profile:

Acads: Overall GMAT is pretty strong, and you are from a very well known school (BITS Pilani). Both will combine to help you overcome a low GPA of 6.30. Your Grade X and XII performance is pretty decent as well and that will help too.

Professional experience: In terms of quantum, you are at the lower end of the spectrum, but you do have some good work there. BI/Health care/Real Time monitoring are all pretty good and a bit removed from usual IT software roles. Little bit of a question mark on a move so soon in your career from EMC. Overall decent.

ECA: We like what we see here. Consistent involvement right from the school level leading up to your last job. By scaling up to a national fest, do you mean you got participation from colleges across India instead of just North India from earlier? Overall, your ECA are fine.

Things to focus on: career moves, the sector you belong to (IT), need for an MBA.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further here. You can also sign up for a free detailed profile evaluation on our website.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73478 [0]
Given Kudos: 19056
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ISB Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ISB Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ISB Forum for all fresh things related to the ISB MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts