Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
Re: Current Student Blogs [#permalink]
FROM Ambitiousbusinessguy: MIT Sloan MBA Application Tips

Originally posted on MIT Sloan School of Management:

We are busy putting the final touches on our application. We plan to have it go live by July 15! We have already shared our deadlines and new essay question with you. In this video, Jeff Carbone, Associate Director of Admissions, gives some tips for completing the application.

I would also like to note that the Admissions Office will be closed July 3rd in observance of Independence Day.

I hope you find these tips helpful.

We look forward to seeing you at one of our events this summer!

View original

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: 10 leading statements
Philippa Rock summarises her summer and motivations

Read more
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [3]
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM Ambitiousbusinessguy: My Booth Essay
Booth allows you flexibility to communicate in whatever way you see fit.  That means you can write yet another boring admissions essay or get creative and submit a poem, infographic, or visual essay. I decide to take advantage of this flexibility and use a medium I use everyday, PowerPoint.

My essay, below, got me a interview at Booth and ultimately landed me a spot on the waitlist (which I chose to reject). I believe Booth and I came to a mutual understanding that my perfect fit would be elsewhere, but that doesn’t change that I had more fun creating this essay than any other.

Chicago Booth values adventurous inquiry, diverse perspectives, and a collaborative exchange of ideas.  This is us.  Who are you?

SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: Top tips on applying to business school
As part of our focus on MBA applications next week, which includes a live Q&A for readers on Thursday with admissions expert Chioma Isiadinso, we asked our bloggers to share their top tips. Here’s what some of them said:
Julia McInnis, Chicago Booth: “Last July I was in the thick of the MBA application odyssey. With the GMAT behind me, I was narrowing down my list of schools and drafting essays. The best advice I can give to a prospective student is that timing is everything. The schools say this and with good reason: don’t apply until you’re ready. I had originally considered applying to MBA programmes a year before I did, but I held off to gain more professional and leadership experience. I feel strongly that waiting a year made a decisive difference in my candidacy.
Read more
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
FROM From Bench to Board (Fuqua): How the Duke MBA Changed Me
A lot of readers have asked me how I thought the Duke MBA has improved me. The MBA is a huge upfront investment and the opportunity cost is high. Most applicants have decent jobs and 2 years is a long time. Any savvy investor would want to know what return they will be getting from the time and money devoted to completing an MBA.
Continue reading »
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Leaving Music?
I have not posted in more than a month! It has been a super busy period, wrapping things up at Universal Music, completing most of the admin tasks in preparation for Stanford (more to follow on this), recharging the batteries with my girlfriend … Continue reading →
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
FROM From Bench to Board (Fuqua): Benefits of Getting an MBA
A lot of readers have asked me what benefits the Duke MBA has brought me. The MBA is a huge upfront investment and the opportunity cost is high. Most applicants have decent jobs and 2 years is a long time. Any savvy investor would want to know what return they will be getting from the time and money devoted to completing an MBA.
Continue reading »
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: Live Q&A: MBA admissions

Are you interested in applying to business school? If you are seeking advice about the admissions process, such as how to select your targeted schools, then send your questions to our guest expert Chioma Isiadinso. She will answer your questions live on Thursday, between 2pm and 3pm BST.

Read more
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: The annual lawn bowls championship
Omar Khan is introduced to a tradition created by his professor

Read more
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM