Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 05:29 It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Jinesh

I'm feeling a little like you are right now. In a way, I've lost interest and have to motivate myself to study. It's been 4 months...

(all kap results)
After month 1 - 500
Month 2 - 560
Month 3 - 530 (this was PP)
Month 4 - 570

All I want is 600 and I'm just hovering at the same level. I have this urge to book the exam this week and just go write it. I fear my lack of interest will get worse if I wait any longer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wait - Have patience It will work [#permalink]
I am not sure if my experience would benefit you all. I was facing the same challenge. But things change. I mean it. I have NOT taken the GMAT but I can tell you something.

Earlier when I used to practice/take tests - Math is OK. Atleast interesting to do. Prob/Stats is difficult. Difficult problems on other chapters - mind gets blocked.
Verbal - Sentence Correction-hit or loose. Reading Comprehension - absolute luck - cant understand anything out of the passage. Critical Reasoning - sometimes I feel, yes I know it. Sometimes, this is not my cup of tea.

Now - Math is definitely OK. Prob/Stats - need to brush up again and again not to keep forgetting.
Verbal - SC - is purely stratergy. Spot the type of error being tested.
RC - Yin/Yang words. CR - Try some difficult stuff (LSAT).

The reason for the change
1. Statergy/Tricks - whatever u call it. Others adapt to stratergies/tricks naturally or by reading books (kaplan/princeton). But for us, it comes thru repeatedly trying to understand the same thing.
2. Unlearn what we have learnt, accept what the guide has to say, try the method - see if it works for you. Some guides say - read the question stem first - test this approach whether it works for you.
3. Initially for a month, if you spend 40 mins for taking a test, spedn double the time (80 mins) for revising the answers - no joking. Revise, understand what went wrong.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 734 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Someone said it correct here.

Give Money And Time (GMAT)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 932 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agree with time. Disagree with money. Most of the expensive study tools are rip-offs, IMHO.

You don't need a zillion books that all say the same things. You don't need expensive question banks when the threads on wonderful forums like these contain loads of questions and explanations for free. You don't need the latest edition of every single book out there when, generally, an older one will be similar enough to do the trick.

It's not about how much you spend - it's about the work you put into it. You CAN achieve a top score for very little money.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
But Coffeeloverfreak...that way if u got to see..."TIME IS MONEY"

YOU SPENT LOADS AND LOADS OF TIME ON STUDING GMAT .....MAYBE MONTHS , 1 YEAR , 2 YEARS......AM SURE THERE ARE LOTTA CASES ON THIS FORUM...

You could utilise this time & thinking on creating a Business Plan :-D

BUT !!!...am sure all you guys agree ..."GMAT" is worth the time & money .......thats why we all are here..slogging ur butts off to clear this test with a great score and gettin into ur Dream B-skool....

Thank u guys for all ur responses.....

All the best to all of you....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Jinesh... you should draw inspiration from your avatar.....

You've done the hard work of going to bat... now better score than get out!
Think of the test as that cricket ball and give it your best whack (crack!)!!

:wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanx Vikram for those words......

You are right...this time I am gonaa wack the ball(gmat) so hard...

and moreover...match is gonaa take place in Mumbai (home ground)

plan to take leave and go to mumbai for gmat......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
dont wanna wack u guys [#permalink]
but i just gave in 3 weeks for the gmat...ok no bragging here...

i took a lot of time preparing myself mentally for the test...collecting material...to familiarize with the requremnets etc....and then i took a 3 weeks leave from office and got a 700...i know people get more than that but if u want quick results just brush your basics and get used to the question types asked on the GMAt...and u will get a good score....to add further....2-3 days before the exam i was feeling that it was overkill since going again and again over the same qs was boring...also the qs on the forum etc are not reflective of the GMat these qs are much touchger anf aore of a different type than the GMAt questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I hear you man!!!

I am also so freaking tired of the GMAT that I dont know if I can stand it anymore....

I will be retaking my test next monday (the first attempt on Aug31 I bombed :( 560 Q35 V33) and no matter what score I receive, I will start my apps and hopefully never see this test again.

I wish the best of luck for you on your test... I will keep everyone posted on how I perform on the test next week.

Hang in there everyone... :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
coffeeloverfreak wrote:
Agree with time. Disagree with money.

how about, if time is money? :wink:

jinesh wrote:
Hi Guys....its been more than an year...I am trying to prepare my self for the gmat..Gave 2 tests..scored around 500 both the times.... so this is going to be my 3rd try.....
I need a 600+...but somehow I feel I jus can't study for this test anymore...I guess its the lack of interest...I keep thinking about the GMAT day and night...Coz I WANT TO GET MY MBA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.....
I have everything in line for my applications - transcripts , reccos , essays , work exp (4 years) etc....
only thing remaining is to clear this "Oops" Test with a 600+......
what should I do ???????? :(
should I leave my job..and jus study ??? or wat ?????
Need help, Jinesh

help is ready. help is at your door. the only thing required is you. you should be ready to take it.

participate actively, very^3 actively in the forum and try to answer each and every question posted. participate actively in the discussions. donot worry about the correctness of your replies. just try to be a part of the discussions forum. then you feel the difference.

the only help is to persuade you. rest depends upon you how you materialize it....

there is no easy and shortcut way to reach a given score....

hope you will do it.
wish u all the best.....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 664 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HIMALAYA wrote:
coffeeloverfreak wrote:
Agree with time. Disagree with money.

how about, if time is money? :wink:

I liked bold part most :-D
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First rule of Microeconomics: The Law of Opportunity Cost---> Time is money.

Besides, at $250 a crack, ETS isn`t exactly eking out an existance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I too have experienced disinterest after studying. I studied 1-2 hours every weekday and about 4-5 on weekends for 3 months. By the time the test came around, I was sick of studying. That's why I'm taking a full month off. I guess I am lucky that I plan to apply next year. But I think a good nights rest is better than taking a practice test the day before. I made the mistake of studying up till the day of the test. Good luck on your next attempt.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37471 posts