Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 13:49 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 13:49
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3635 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3635 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Reapplicant from Fall 2013- no need reapplicant essay? [#permalink]
mildlyannoyedmax wrote:
thanks! I didn't actually know that was the case for other schools as well.

I do wonder how you go about addressing the "what has changed since you last applied" question if you're in my situation then, short of disobeying their instructions and submitting that optional essay.

decisions, decisions.

Engr2012 wrote:
mildlyannoyedmax wrote:
Hi guys

On the online application, it says this

Optional Essay

First-time applicants can use this essay if you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Committee should be aware (e.g., unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, significant weaknesses in your application). (250 words)

All re-applicants (those who applied for Fall 2015 or 2014) are also required to complete the Optional Essay. Please use this space to explain how you have reflected on the previous decision on your application and to discuss any updates on your candidacy (e.g., changes in your professional life, additional coursework, extra curricular/volunteer engagements). You may also use this section to address any extenuating circumstances. (250 words)

It's interesting that Wharton is limiting the definition of reapplicants to those who applied within the last 2 years. I applied in Fall 2013 and was unsuccessful, but was thinking of doing this essay anyway to highlight what has changed since I last applied. My worry is that it will raise the "why can't they follow simple instructions" question

But does anyone care to speculate why Wharton only wants those who applied within the last 2 years to write this essay and not all reapplicants? from my understanding other mba programs ask anyone who has applied in the past to write this

It's not just Whartpn but other schools as well that mention that they keep the admissions related materials of a candidate for 2 application cycles. So if you apply after the 2 application cycles, you are supposed to apply as a new applicant, although you would say yes to the question "have you applied to Wharton before".

I understand your predicament and the best people to answer your query will be admissions at Wharton. Do contact them with your question and see what they reply. Also post your query to admissions consultants at admission-consultants-124/?fl=menu
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73494 [0]
Given Kudos: 19066
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Wharton Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Wharton Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Wharton Forum for all fresh things related to the Wharton MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts