Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 22:51 It is currently 22 May 2024, 22:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got an interview from MIT and Stanford
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
DickDick - forgot to ask you at the BW forum... which dept have you applied for?

Good Luck, Mick! HBS - wow!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Mick and DickDick. What great schools to hear from. Wow. Tell us your experiences after the interviews.

MHM, have the schools you interviewed with already made offers to you?

Me still in the same situation. Have not heard from anywhere yet. Wonder when I will have my first piece of news.... good or otherwise. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Impatient,

PennState has. I have another interview with UT, Austin in a couple of days.
Have not heard a peep out of any of the big ones yet. I am keen on Kellogg and a bit hopeful too.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
That must be such a good feeling ... to have one offer in hand already. Congratulations.

Wish you luck for the others and especially Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry for the late reply. Quick profile:

Canadian, 26, BBA, Chartered Accountant (Canada), 4 years work exp. and then MBA from an unranked canadian school, taught for 2 years as a lecturer at that school before moving into a PhD program. Not much research done before PhD, not much advanced math (usual calculus stuff as an undergrad, that's it).

GMAT 760 Q49 V42 AWA5 from what I remember.

Applied to:
Rochester - accepted
CMU - accepted
MIT - rejected
Cornell - rejected
Boston U - accepted

There it is..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, impatient.

760, cabro! wow!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi, All

I just got the offer from Haas, OBIR program.

without interview! amazing

waiting for more offers...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Daxia!

Dick - what program have you applied for?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Daxia...great beginning...u must have a solid profile.....if u dont mind can u share ur stats with the grp...i have also applied to HAAS but havent heard anything till now...so guess i m not in....

guys i m new on the forum and applying for phd in finance....havent heard anything from anybody.....Cabro could let us know when rochester contacted u....also ur views abt its fin phd program

regards
phdfin
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
mick....good luck for ur interviews...share ur exp with us once its over...is it telephonic interview??

MHM, I am also from India......ur interview was telephonic or vid conf??how many ppl were in the interview panel.....by the way congrats on getting offer so early
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, Daxia.

I have not heard a peep from Haas either, phdfin.

phdfin, both my interviews were telephonic and with only one Prof each. Tomorrow I have another interview with UT, Austin with a different Prof.
Both of them were nice, casual interviews. Not intimidating at all - and in fact, the Profs sounded like really nice people.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
anyone heard from finance phd programs? i havent seen anything on any forum about the finance phd programs

MHM, i was under the impression tht Austin gives a very limited financial support and hence i did not apply for the same bcos i can not make my ends meet without finaid....was I wrong?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
UT Austin offered one of my good friends a huge financial package, but he turned it down to go to another school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dick (or anyone else) - what is huge in terms of offers??? I don't know what to expect from offers in term of finances.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gave my second interview at UT, Austin on Friday night ( and saw a Jethro Tull concert right after!!! :-D ). This was a "proper interview" (the earlier ones were more like chats). But it went off well - main questions on why PhD, lot of focus on my research project which am right now doing, and some things on getting that published - since I have given thought to it, I knew what further work it needs for publishing and could answer that as well as previous research done in this field rather well (I thought). Tricky questions on whether PennState or UT.... hmm. The Prof said my application will now go through the process and I should get my letter by 1st week of March. Fingers crossed!

Hope the above description helps...

As for Aid, thats not the feeling I got at all, phdfin. The earlier Prof said that the Dean is really pushing funds into PhD programs right now. She emailed me this specific information later on:

Quote:
I’ve learned that our typical PhD student receives funding of $26,000 income each year from 2 sources ($15,000 TA and $11,000 supplemental funds). That funding typically extends for 4 years of the program.

She also said that there is far more focus on research and not TA the first couple of years. Also that in summer term, there is a research project done by PhD Students. All-in-all, it sounded quite fine to me. Austin is also not an expensive place to live in, and no state tax in Texas.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
phdfin: I remember a website where people entered their program and date at which they were contacted, and whether it was a "yes", "no" "waitlisted", "phone interview", etc. It worked for all programs (mostly US schools). I can't find that website anymore, however.

Last year, I got my answer from Rochester in early March I think. However if you applied in Finance the timeframe may be different..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4462 posts