Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Kellogg (M)
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Kellogg (M)
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MSMS Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Congrats! Hopefully I'll be joining you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MSMS Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Pjax3600 as an alum of the Russell Fellows Program- i think you are good to go- make sure your essays are well written and prep hard on interviews (behavioral)- and it should be good.

great program, perfect for consulting.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The Kellogg Russell Fellows program is fairly new compared to some of the more established Masters in Management programs offered by top schools around the world. US schools (with the exception of Duke Fuqua) are just about waking up now to the possibilities of early career programs, including Master in Management equivalents, and early career MBA programs. The Kellogg Russell Fellows program, along with the Michigan Ross Master of Management, and the Duke MMS, are some of the best non-MBA master’s options for business education. This post looks at a brief overview of the Russell Fellows, and also highlights the success story of a GyanOne client – an Indian applicant who made it to the program in 2016.

Kellogg Russell Fellows – is it a great option?
While the number of MiM/early career MBA programs is consistently growing, the Kellogg Russell Fellows program (MSMS) stands out by dint of its brand value, placement rate (100% at 3 months, as reported by Kellogg), and course structure. The program is explicitly meant for students with a non-business background (indeed, students from a business undergraduate background are ineligible). Similarly, the program only accepts applications from college seniors in the final year of their undergraduate programs. The program initially had only 2 rounds of admission (with deadlines in October and February), which Kellogg increased to 3 this year (adding an April deadline as well).

The program itself features only the basics in business education, so it is meant for students who wish to make a career change to the business side, rather than those really looking for an MBA equivalent. However, the courses are supplemented through teaching by the outstanding Kellogg faculty, the Kellogg reputation, and Kellogg’s vaunted Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) program. At a relatively early stage of their career, Kellogg MSMS students will also need greater career support, and Kellogg ensures that through its personalized support structure. READ MORE

GyanOne, the pioneer in top MiM/MSMS Admission Consulting, have helped more than 1000 applicants gain admission in top MiM/MSMS programs around the world. If you want to get your profile evaluated for the Kellogg MSMS / top MiM programs, reach out to us on info [at] gyanone [dot com.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
I am a 2016 B.Tech passout looking to apply for MiM programs in 2017. I am currently preparing to write GMAT and will be writing it in the first week of November. I noticed the fact that you mentioned about Kellogg only accepting seniors in the final year of their UG degree. So does it mean that I have no chance of applying for Kellogg or that I still have a chance if my application essays are good enough?
Thanks in advance. GyanOne
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
akashskumar wrote:
I am a 2016 B.Tech passout looking to apply for MiM programs in 2017. I am currently preparing to write GMAT and will be writing it in the first week of November. I noticed the fact that you mentioned about Kellogg only accepting seniors in the final year of their UG degree. So does it mean that I have no chance of applying for Kellogg or that I still have a chance if my application essays are good enough?
Thanks in advance. GyanOne

Hi Akash

You will be eligible to apply if you graduated in or after May 2016.

Look at the eligibility tab on this page - Kellogg MSMS admissions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne
The transfer certificate from my UG college states the date of my leaving the course as 30th April 2016. Just one day before May 1st. Will this be an issue ?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
akashskumar wrote:
GyanOne
The transfer certificate from my UG college states the date of my leaving the course as 30th April 2016. Just one day before May 1st. Will this be an issue ?

I think Kellogg should probably be ok with it, but still you should check with them once. Very technically, you are not eligible, but I think Kellogg, in all probability, should be willing to consider your case.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
akashskumar wrote:

I think Kellogg should probably be ok with it, but still you should check with them once. Very technically, you are not eligible, but I think Kellogg, in all probability, should be willing to consider your case.

Okay . Thank you for the instant reply ! :-D
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks MedBusiness123 for starting a thread for MSMS applicants. I've added this program in forum database, so that prospective applicants can add it on their profiles and we can have applicant stats, decision updates on the tables displayed on first post.

I request all prospective applicants to add MSMS program on your MBA Timeline. It will give some stats and insights for others to look into. mbatimeline?fl=menu

Attachment:
Kellogg_MSMS.png
Kellogg_MSMS.png [ 71.43 KiB | Viewed 9247 times ]
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks finscent and GyanOne for your help and advice to new applicants.

atish14 and akashskumar : Did you guys submit applications in R1? Feel free to post your application updates and get other applicants involved in the discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
An update:

I did end up getting in last year, and with some money as well, but had an internship offer I felt I couldn't turn down. Long story short, the internship didn't go anywhere permanent, so I just applied R1 for 2017 intake and will hear back in December.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
atish14 wrote:
An update:

I did end up getting in last year, and with some money as well, but had an internship offer I felt I couldn't turn down. Long story short, the internship didn't go anywhere permanent, so I just applied R1 for 2017 intake and will hear back in December.

Aah... quite interesting development. All the best for your application journey then. Keep us posted as you progress through the application process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I sumbitted my app 2 weeks ago for the 2018-2019 class. I did not get an interview. is this cause for concern? They said that i am still able to be admit without the interview...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone recieved a reply yet regarding admission?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishabhchanana1 wrote:

I just got a phone call from them. She said in the call that they'd be sending out the email soon, too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
atish14 wrote:
rishabhchanana1 wrote:

I just got a phone call from them. She said in the call that they'd be sending out the email soon, too.
So, they called to tell you about the decision?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishabhchanana1 wrote:
atish14 wrote:
rishabhchanana1 wrote:

So, they called to tell you about the decision?

They did, and to give me scholarship information, so I'm not sure that they're calling everyone. But the email should be out soon either way!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts