Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 14:43 It is currently 04 May 2024, 14:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul for the words of encouragement..

Yes, I did notice a lot of people scoring low on Kaplan and doing much better in the regular tests. I still was just feeling low..

oh.. yes.. I have saved my two GMATPrep tests for last 2 weeks. I am taking my Ultimate Practice Test on March 28th and my GMAT on April 10th.. I will do one GMATPrep in between and one just before my ultimate practice test. I am unable to find PowerPrep from mba.com anymore.. Vivek gave me a link and that doesn't work either.. Need to get my hands to PowerPrep somehow.. I will take one more Kaplan..

btw.. I took 37 questions from the GMAT quiz bank of Kaplan and got only 2 wrong.. What a relief!!.. I have slowed down a bit on each question to make sure I understand the question correctly.. There is no need to rush since there are no bonus points for finishing the exam early. Always keep an eye on the clock and keep a steady pace. You are bound to have few questions, which are going to be relatively easy and few where you will have to spend an extra min..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You will do very good in the real exam. Don't panic over Kaplan tests. They are not representative of real test. More so their verbal section.

All the best. Bell the cat :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks duttsit..

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
got done with my 4th kaplan CAT.. 670 .. :(..

it seems that i cant cross the 700 mark.. hmm.. i think m gonna take pp1 . sometime this week. i saved them for last month.. i am pretty sure my score will be biased. since i have gone through OG. but what can you do.. hmm what else?? my verbal is stuck in 30's for Kaplan.. and since Kaplan verbal is tougher than the real exam i m hoping a 5 point increase in real exam.. surprisingly im doing pretty well in RC but not so well in CR(apparently my strongest point in verbal).. sc is 70 percent..

I do believe though doing your essays in your practice exams is a good practice.. i pumps you up for your math section and gets you in the exam mode.. Also i believe keep a constant eye on clock.. i spent 8 min.. on two retarded math question.. Eat your ego up!!!!!.. argh.. and because of that i missed 3 semi-easy ones.. was tryin to catch up with speed..

2 more weeks before the ultimate test 4 more before the real exam!..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well i am very dissapointed today.. i scored a mere 640 on my GMATPrep.. It seems that I am scoring higher in my Kaplan than my GMATPrep test.. It ruined my day.. i think its gonna ruin my entire week.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If Kaplan is supposed to be harder than GMAT, than it logically follows that I should get higher score in my GMATPrep tests.. but I got the lowest of them alll.. I think all is going down hill.. 640 :(

What should I do?????????/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kaplan CD scores were all much lower for me.

I scored 710 on the actual test.

The screen format sucks on Kaplan. Could they make the window any smaller. I hate them.

All they did was hurt my confidence.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
With each passing day, I see people scoring not up to their potential.. argh.. that feeling of may be I will get defeated too, is setting in!.. I am just an average student.. I have worked hard on this exam, and a lot depends on it.

Note to myself: Study HARDDDD
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bewakoof

I would suggest that you don't get disheartened by your scores. It is quite possible that your practice scores might be low but on the test day you could score in the 7xx range. Just make sure taht you know the concepts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
On February 26, I took a mock GMAT at Rice University run by Kaplan. I got a 610, which was lower than most of the practice scores I got during the month before.

On March 14, I took the actual GMAT and got a 730. So, don't sweat a bad practice score, just because one of your scores was low, even the most recent.

That said, use the practice tests to see where you are weak (there's one or more such places for everyone) or likely to get careless. Error logs are like maps to the minefield; they help you avoid real problems on the actual test day.

Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took my Ultimate practice test with Kaplan GMAT today.. 700, not bad.. eh?? but nothing to be proud of either.. I dont think Kaplan is harder than real GMAT.. I found the GMATPrep questions to be lot difficult than the Kaplan questions.. Well, it was a good experience to be in the same setting as the real test. Test went well..

Quant 52, Verbal 35.. I know I have to work a lot on verbal.. The 22 years of not reading cant be made up in few months.. I am trying my best and hopefully on April 10th, I will smile again..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37368 posts