Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 22:57 It is currently 06 May 2024, 22:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Consultant for January 2018 Intake - Help needed [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:
Hi,

I am scouting for consultants to help me in the application process for INSEAD January 2018 intake. I am looking forward to apply in R2.

I have put in applications for a couple of US B-Schools and have interviewed with them (Results Awaited), however, I am very keen with INSEAD January intake, as it provides internship opportunities.

In terms of decision factors for choosing consutlants, their track record and cost are key elements.

Would request admitted students and other co-applicants to share their experience and help me choose the consultant.

Thanks for all the help and support.

My credentials -
GMAT - 730
Home Country - India
Work Exp - 7.3 yrs (At Matriculation)
Current Industry - Entrepreneur (Consulting)
Target Industry - Consulting

Hope this article will help you in choosing right consultant for your needs https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-selec ... 29827.html

Hi Narenn, Thanks for the details, however, as this is specifically for INSEAD, I am more keen to ask INSEAD admitted students and other INSEAD co-applicants to share their experiences and decide on the references provided by them.

If you can share a link to any similar thread that would be a great help.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:
Hi,

I am scouting for consultants to help me in the application process for INSEAD January 2018 intake. I am looking forward to apply in R2.

I have put in applications for a couple of US B-Schools and have interviewed with them (Results Awaited), however, I am very keen with INSEAD January intake, as it provides internship opportunities.

In terms of decision factors for choosing consutlants, their track record and cost are key elements.

Would request admitted students and other co-applicants to share their experience and help me choose the consultant.

Thanks for all the help and support.

My credentials -
GMAT - 730
Home Country - India
Work Exp - 7.3 yrs (At Matriculation)
Current Industry - Entrepreneur (Consulting)
Target Industry - Consulting

Thank you for your post. Please send me an email and I would be happy to have a consultation with you. You can see the reviews here and we can discuss the process in more detail. I just finished a few mock interview for clients who are also applying to INSEAD.

Looking forward to learning more about your background.

Scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the response. Will send you a mail with my CV, and then we can take it forward from there.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I sent you a PM

https://MBAPrepCoach.COM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: INSEAD (A)
GPA: 1
Send PM
Hey

Did you manage to find a consultant? If not, happy to assist with the application essays.

PS. I got accepted to INSEAD myself and have helped other INSEAD admits with their applications too.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi everyone .

I am looking for Jan 2018 Insead intake. I got 650 in GMAT. I know it's a low score. But because of my personal and official commitment, it's difficult to sit n study for high marks .
Work exp: 8 yrs
Home country : India
Working in Japan
International exposure
Working for top automobile industry .

I would be really happy if someone helps me.
Should I apply with this score or shall I retake the GMAT? Pls assist..

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi @prashrao, I imagine you want to apply round 3? I'm the thread Master for January batch, feel free to join us there. However given that you are over-represented I would really recommend that you shoot for September unless you need an internship. I would recommend that any Indian apply with a minimum of 720 GMAT in round 1or 2. If you think that you'll be more exceptional than the rest of the applicant pool then maybe you could go down to a 700 GMAT. However keep in mind this group is already very exceptional.
To be quite honest with you I'm not really sure that I recommend you work with a consultant (or apply) on this application because it's quite expensive in that it's very very long and exhaustive, requires many hours, and I'm not sure I feel like 100% sure about your viability as a candidate as an Indian with a 650 GMAT in round 3. Very sorry to rain on your parade but I don't want you to waste your money or your time. I'd recommend that you get the GMAT dialed in to at least to 700 but really optimally 720. And then think about applying. However there are some other terrific International Business Schools you might consider IMD for instance. You could do a January intake there too.

https://MBAPrepCoach.COM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1588 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
prashrao wrote:
Hi everyone .

I am looking for Jan 2018 Insead intake. I got 650 in GMAT. I know it's a low score. But because of my personal and official commitment, it's difficult to sit n study for high marks .
Work exp: 8 yrs
Home country : India
Working in Japan
International exposure
Working for top automobile industry .

I would be really happy if someone helps me.
Should I apply with this score or shall I retake the GMAT? Pls assist..

Hi prashrao

Can you provide a bit more context into your work-ex? How long have you worked in Japan and what is your current role within the industry? Have you worked in other locations as well (apart from home)?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73072 [0]
Given Kudos: 18915
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived INSEAD Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our INSEAD Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated INSEAD Forum for all fresh things related to the INSEAD MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts