Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 22:31 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 22:31
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [32]
Given Kudos: 19065
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [1]
Given Kudos: 138
GMAT 1: 470 Q30 V20
GMAT 2: 620 Q42 V33
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [0]
Send PM
Re: How to use GMAT Club Tests [Suggestions] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you. I just added some review suggestions. Will continue updating this topic. Also wanted to mention that we are working on bringing forum discussions into the test interface. Currently we have a dedicated forum discussion for every question - linked at the bottom but it seems not everyone finds it, so we will be displaying the full discussion within tests. Screenshot to the link is below.

You will be able to see the discussion and alternative explanations by other moderators and members (thank you) without leaving the question. You can also post your questions without leaving the Tests area. This is coming in a few weeks.

In regards to the materials - what do you have in mind Link to what would you be looking for? Something from our math book or link to more questions for practice or ? Can you give an example, in case of fractions or DS geometry - where would you find it helpful to be linking to?

Best Regards
BB
Attachments

Forum_discussion_link.png
Forum_discussion_link.png [ 148.27 KiB | Viewed 10104 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you. I just added some review suggestions. Will continue updating this topic. Also wanted to mention that we are working on bringing forum discussions into the test interface. Currently we have a dedicated forum discussion for every question - linked at the bottom but it seems not everyone finds it, so we will be displaying the full discussion within tests. Screenshot to the link is below.

You will be able to see the discussion and alternative explanations by other moderators and members (thank you) without leaving the question. You can also post your questions without leaving the Tests area. This is coming in a few weeks.

In regards to the materials - what do you have in mind Link to what would you be looking for? Something from our math book or link to more questions for practice or ? Can you give an example, in case of fractions or DS geometry - where would you find it helpful to be linking to?

Best Regards
BB

Hello bb, I always appreciate your openness to new ideas, which makes this forum the most excellent place to reach greater scores.

You got the idea right. For people like me, who didn't have any math background, the explanations from the moderators are far too "straightforward" sometimes. For instance, in this question, someone would present a 10 secs formulaic approach - which is nice for the GMAT purpose - but for people like me who is still climbing the mountain can be overwhelming and many times incomprehensible.

Then, "linking it" to the math book, to the basics, would shine a light on it and increase the capability of understanding for everyone. Democratically. :-D

Of course, I reckon that problem like the one you presented require more than one knowledge to solve it. In this specific question, we must understand "absolute values" also. So, multiple links, ranked from the primary to the least needed knowledge to respond the questions would be extremely helpful - at least for mortals like myself.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We have just added a new feature - Forum Discussion is visible in the question explanations in its entirety.

We have always offered a link to a question discussion but it was not always very visible - now we are going a step further and bringing in the entire discussion of the topic into the explanation area of the question (explanations are visible after you take the question OR if you are taking the test in study mode). Please note that some questions have no comments (there is a discussion topic dedicated to the question but it has not received additional comments from users) in this case, you will not see any discussion and only a button to post your question/reply/comment.

Welcome your other ideas/questions/suggestions for the GMAT Club Tests.

Attachment:
New_Tests_Feature.png
New_Tests_Feature.png [ 317.84 KiB | Viewed 9081 times ]

Attachment:
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg [ 131.93 KiB | Viewed 9096 times ]
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2774 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Pretty good feature bb. It will be helpful to have a look at forum discussions along with official explanation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Good feature man really appreciate it seeing the solutions and discussion in the same window!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have added some additional features to the GMAT Club Tests - you now have an ability to print out/download all of your notes.

Just click the Download Notes button on the "With Notes" page
Attachments

PDF notes.png
PDF notes.png [ 98.52 KiB | Viewed 8412 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
We have added some additional features to the GMAT Club Tests - you now have an ability to print out/download all of your notes.

Just click the Download Notes button on the "With Notes" page

nice job!

One good thing to do would be a "test mode" for simple selections from the Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hi bb,

I currently have 176 points out of which 76 are redeemable...will I be able to extend my gmatclub tests subscription with these points? If yes, for how long?

Will I still have access to my data of questions I answered incorrectly after I renew/buy the tests? I have a premium subscription.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73488 [1]
Send PM
How to use GMAT Club Tests [Suggestions] [#permalink]