Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ross '16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Getting candidates into great schools!
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Send PM
Re: Consortium Recommender Process [#permalink]
Expert Reply
From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), https://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Hi,

As of 2016-2017, these were the questions. They have remained the same for years. I can update this as soon as the 2017-2018 Consortium recommendations come out, but I don’t think you will see a drastic change, if any change at all.

Please note that the word limit is 1000 characters for each of the four questions asked, not 1000 words each. One thousand characters, which includes spaces, is approximately 160-180 words. That is not much content!

We at MBA Admit.com work a lot with Consortium candidates since we offer special Consortium pricing packages. Last year, all of our Consortium candidates gained admission at their target Consortium schools with scholarship. What we have found useful when getting your recommendations written is to make sure your writers are concise and pack the responses full of great information! Stress the most important characteristics - no room for rambling or fluff!

Consortium Recommendation Questions 2016 2017

1. How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? * 1000 characters

2. Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate's performance in graduate business 1000 characters

3. What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career? * 1000 characters

4. Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant. * 1000 characters

Using the qualities listed below, how would you rate the applicant in comparison with other candidates you have known who have applied for graduate study in business/management? Please check one for each trait. OPTIONS ARE: 1. Outstanding, 2. Very Good, 3. Average, 4. Below Average and 5. Unable to Judge

Analytical Ability *
Maturity *
Ethics/Integrity *
Leadership Potential *
Personality/Ability to get along well with others *
Writing Skills *
Oral Skills *
Creativity/Imagination *
Self-confidence *
Initiative (motivation/effort) *
Job Performance *
OVERALL APPRAISAL *

Please select the appropriate response for your evaluation summary. OPTIONS ARE: 1. Enthusiastically Recommend, 2. Recommend, 3. Recommend with Reservations and 4. Do not Recommend this candidate for graduate study at this time.

Good luck - and feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance in the MBA admissions process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
ShellyLWatts wrote:
From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), https://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Hi,

As of 2016-2017, these were the questions. They have remained the same for years. I can update this as soon as the 2017-2018 Consortium recommendations come out, but I don’t think you will see a drastic change, if any change at all.

Please note that the word limit is 1000 characters for each of the four questions asked, not 1000 words each. One thousand characters, which includes spaces, is approximately 160-180 words. That is not much content!

We at MBA Admit.com work a lot with Consortium candidates since we offer special Consortium pricing packages. Last year, all of our Consortium candidates gained admission at their target Consortium schools with scholarship. What we have found useful when getting your recommendations written is to make sure your writers are concise and pack the responses full of great information! Stress the most important characteristics - no room for rambling or fluff!

1. How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances? * 1000 characters

2. Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate's performance in graduate business 1000 characters

3. What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate's performance in graduate business studies and in a management career? * 1000 characters

4. Please make any additional comments which you think will help in assessing the candidacy of the applicant. * 1000 characters

Using the qualities listed below, how would you rate the applicant in comparison with other candidates you have known who have applied for graduate study in business/management? Please check one for each trait. OPTIONS ARE: 1. Outstanding, 2. Very Good, 3. Average, 4. Below Average and 5. Unable to Judge

Analytical Ability *
Maturity *
Ethics/Integrity *
Leadership Potential *
Writing Skills *
Oral Skills *
Creativity/Imagination *
Self-confidence *
Job Performance *
OVERALL APPRAISAL *

Please select the appropriate response for your evaluation summary. OPTIONS ARE: 1. Enthusiastically Recommend, 2. Recommend, 3. Recommend with Reservations and 4. Do not Recommend this candidate for graduate study at this time.

Good luck - and feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance in the MBA admissions process!

Is it possible to update these for the 2017/18 application cycle?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
hopeful101candidate wrote:
ShellyLWatts wrote:

Hi,

Analytical Ability *
Maturity *
Ethics/Integrity *
Leadership Potential *
Writing Skills *
Oral Skills *
Creativity/Imagination *
Self-confidence *
Job Performance *
OVERALL APPRAISAL *

Is it possible to update these for the 2017/18 application cycle?

My recommender just completed the process and i can confirm that the questions are the same this year.
You can join this thread :) Good luck!
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1933569
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM