Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:41 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1993 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Folks please suggest ! [#permalink]
OmFall2018 wrote:
Hello folks

Right after the exam, I received an overall score of 680 (Q49, V33, IR7, no writing assessment score yet). Two questions mentioned below, are giving me sleepless nights. I would very much appreciate to have your feedback and comments.

1. I am planning to apply for INSEAD MBA and MIT SDM. Do these schools factor in individual scores especially the IR score?
2. I am planning NOT TO RETAKE the test. But if any of you differ, your comments/ thoughts would be nice to hear and analyze!

FYI, I am from India and I have ~2 years work-ex each (overall 4 years) in computer hardware industry and financial services sector. My undergrad (B Tech) GPA ~3.64 and post-grad (business mgmt) GPA is ~2.91. My GMAT practice tests were 700 each.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks !

I completely agree with these other guys.

You have below average years of work experience in the typical fields, are Indian, and have decent undergrad/poor grad gpa. None of this is helping your case unless you have an unbelievable resume/story.

You are going to need to score much higher on the gmat to have a good chance at those schools. To answer the IR question, it won't make any difference. Q and V are the major components, AWA may matter some if you are international/studied internationally.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1085 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Folks please suggest ! [#permalink]
OmFall2018 wrote:
Hello folks

Right after the exam, I received an overall score of 680 (Q49, V33, IR7, no writing assessment score yet). Two questions mentioned below, are giving me sleepless nights. I would very much appreciate to have your feedback and comments.

1. I am planning to apply for INSEAD MBA and MIT SDM. Do these schools factor in individual scores especially the IR score?
2. I am planning NOT TO RETAKE the test. But if any of you differ, your comments/ thoughts would be nice to hear and analyze!

FYI, I am from India and I have ~2 years work-ex each (overall 4 years) in computer hardware industry and financial services sector. My undergrad (B Tech) GPA ~3.64 and post-grad (business mgmt) GPA is ~2.91. My GMAT practice tests were 700 each.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks !

You are in the largest pool( Indian) and competition is super high. Unless you have very strong academic, and extra curricular; and some not very common job background, you have to target at least 700+ to make your profile competitive. And you are already close. So, I think its worth trying!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi OmFall2018,

First off, a 680/Q49 is a strong score (it's above the 80th percentile overall), so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. You're ultimately asking Admissions questions though, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks fellows for your replies. I have not yet received the official scores. Will keep this thread updated on the latest developments.

Heavy thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello folks

I wrote GRE as well and scored 170Q, 161V. I was trying to convert this score to GMAT equivalent using the convertor available are GRE website and it said it fared at ~750.
1. Shall I use GRE instead of GMAT at MIT SDM application?
2. I have already sent GMAT score to MIT SDM but not yet applied. If I use GRE, will my GMAT score (680) be still visible to the adcom? If yes, shall I use both or only GMAT.

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NA
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Joseph: N
Send PM
Hello! From my limited knowledge of your profile, it seems like you should have a chance at getting in your top schools. Of course, you will need to be differentiated as an applicant in elements outside the GMAT. If you feel like you are a strong applicant within your cohort, then I would not consider retaking.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks K1414, your comments are indeed welcome. Will surely keep the thread updated !!
GMAT Club Bot