Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:36 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Hi! Is it about those who applied in R2 or R 1 + R2 in total?

It is the total registered admits, most likely from R1 only.
BTW, It is now 24
Quite strange, unless they want to dramatically reduce the class size, it gonna take a lot of hard work to fill the ~ 100 seats in the remaining 2 rounds..

Registered at gmatclub.com? There could be some folks who did not register at any forums at all, a friend of mine got submitted last year and he did not post any forums...Also, there is a couple of other forums probably.. I mean, there could be much more accepted students, just let's think that there are still enough places :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi! Is it about those who applied in R2 or R 1 + R2 in total?[/quote]
BTW, It is now 24
Quite strange, unless they want to dramatically reduce the class size, it gonna take a lot of hard work to fill the ~ 100 seats in the remaining 2 rounds..[/quote][/quote]
Registered at gmatclub.com? There could be some folks who did not register at any forums at all, a friend of mine got submitted last year and he did not post any forums...Also, there is a couple of other forums probably.. I mean, there could be much more accepted students, just let's think that there are still enough places :)[/quote]
No not in gmatclub , I mean in the school official website for admitted applicants. I'm one of them, when you are finally admitted, there will be an account fr you on mysloan.mit.edu, there you will find all the admitted people..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Hi! Is it about those who applied in R2 or R 1 + R2 in total?

BTW, It is now 24
Quite strange, unless they want to dramatically reduce the class size, it gonna take a lot of hard work to fill the ~ 100 seats in the remaining 2 rounds..[/quote][/quote]
Registered at gmatclub.com? There could be some folks who did not register at any forums at all, a friend of mine got submitted last year and he did not post any forums...Also, there is a couple of other forums probably.. I mean, there could be much more accepted students, just let's think that there are still enough places :)[/quote]
No not in gmatclub , I mean in the school official website for admitted applicants. I'm one of them, when you are finally admitted, there will be an account fr you on mysloan.mit.edu, there you will find all the admitted people..[/quote]
Great job, my congratulations! And thanks for this info!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sloanaspirant wrote:
There are fewer applicants to US bschools this year due the current visa regime. This program being 80+ % international would’ve been most impacted.

Looks like they aren’t able to fill the class with the applicants they want , we have to see if they reduce the class size or change any past trend ; a friend of mine at Stanford gsb mentioned that the msx program is taking far younger applicants and the quality isn’t all what is advertised

Posted from my mobile device

The quality of the program attendees is the most important factor and it is one of the important things justifying the insane cost.
I hope this year few applications or tougher requirements do not affect the quality, Sloan Fellows for MIT is far more important than MSx for Stanford, it is the school first signature program, and practically the one that produced the school's most prominent alumni. More, it carries the name of the school itself.
What I know so far is that the change in the program administration and admission staff has some impact, the general attitude toward studying in US has some impact (80% international students), the cost has some impact, the new requirement for admission has some impact.

Please note that, from the profiles that I have seen on the admitted applicants on the school website, the quality is as expected and high.
Also and as you may know, some 40% of the class are sponsored, I can tell that almost half of the admitted so far are sponsored and of very high caliber and achievements.
personally, I'd prefer they reduce the class than sacrificing the quality.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Happy Christmas everyone, wish you and your families all the best of the best and an enjoyable year ahead...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you and your family have a joyful holiday!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
SloanFellow19 wrote:
sloanaspirant wrote:
There are fewer applicants to US bschools this year due the current visa regime. This program being 80+ % international would’ve been most impacted.

Looks like they aren’t able to fill the class with the applicants they want , we have to see if they reduce the class size or change any past trend ; a friend of mine at Stanford gsb mentioned that the msx program is taking far younger applicants and the quality isn’t all what is advertised

The quality of the program attendees is the most important factor and it is one of the important things justifying the insane cost.
I hope this year few applications or tougher requirements do not affect the quality, Sloan Fellows for MIT is far more important than MSx for Stanford, it is the school first signature program, and practically the one that produced the school's most prominent alumni. More, it carries the name of the school itself.
What I know so far is that the change in the program administration and admission staff has some impact, the general attitude toward studying in US has some impact (80% international students), the cost has some impact, the new requirement for admission has some impact.

Please note that, from the profiles that I have seen on the admitted applicants on the school website, the quality is as expected and high.
Also and as you may know, some 40% of the class are sponsored, I can tell that almost half of the admitted so far are sponsored and of very high caliber and achievements.

Thanks for sharing valuable insights SloanFellow19. Based on the accepted applicants that you can see can we get an idea as to whats the minimum number of experience and minimum age so far. That would be great to understand as to what is adcom looking in this year to fill the class.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Wish you all had a merry Christmas and enjoying the holidays!! Wishing you all the best for 2018
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
Looking forward to a successful 2018, Happy Holidays!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Sloanitis wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
sloanaspirant wrote:

Thanks for sharing valuable insights SloanFellow19. Based on the accepted applicants that you can see can we get an idea as to whats the minimum number of experience and minimum age so far. That would be great to understand as to what is adcom looking in this year to fill the class.

The minimum number of work experience is 10 years, and this is what I have seen on the 24 admitted so far. But, I know that it is not unusual to be accepted into the program with 8 or 9 years. I know one case, financial analyst got accepted with 8 years of WE. he holds a master degree. Age? I feel like they are looking for +33 or so.. just personal feeling...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
In my personal opinion, I think even adcom staffs cannot answer this kind of questions for now. The reason is quiet simple. The real dealine of R2 is Dec 21, which is very close to holidays. They might have insufficient time to review all applications. Furthermore, no matter either due to new policy of POTUS or higher requirement, application number is a fact and complicated to be solved since MIT needs to balance quality and quantity. If I were Mr. Rod Garcia, I would use some part of my holiday to think about this super complicated and complex issue.

SloanFellow19 wrote:
The minimum number of work experience is 10 years, and this is what I have seen on the 24 admitted so far. But, I know that it is not unusual to be accepted into the program with 8 or 9 years. I know one case, financial analyst got accepted with 8 years of WE. he holds a master degree. Age? I feel like they are looking for +33 or so.. just personal feeling...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
fourleaf wrote:
In my personal opinion, I think even adcom staffs cannot answer this kind of questions for now. The reason is quiet simple. The real dealine of R2 is Dec 21, which is very close to holidays. They might have insufficient time to review all applications. Furthermore, no matter either due to new policy of POTUS or higher requirement, application number is a fact and complicated to be solved since MIT needs to balance quality and quantity. If I were Mr. Rod Garcia, I would use some part of my holiday to think about this super complicated and complex issue.

SloanFellow19 wrote:

Agree. You should note that, in MIT, programs run independently, for example, Sloan Fellows until last year was run and managed by a dedicated team with the program has its own director, this year they put it together with the newly established EMBA under one director, the EMBA director. As far as I know, one of the senior admission members still there, but two left the program. So, for me it is understandable that they will go through this trouble, and in the same time, it represents a rare opportunity for this year "admittable" applicants to be accepted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Would you mind explaining more about 'a rare opportunity for this year "admittable" applicants to be accepted.?' I cannot get it..
appreciate your help in advance!

SloanFellow19 wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

SloanFellow19 wrote:

Agree. You should note that, in MIT, programs run independently, for example, Sloan Fellows until last year was run and managed by a dedicated team with the program has its own director, this year they put it together with the newly established EMBA under one director, the EMBA director. As far as I know, one of the senior admission members still there, but two left the program. So, for me it is understandable that they will go through this trouble, and in the same time, it represents a rare opportunity for this year "admittable" applicants to be accepted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="fourleaf"]Would you mind explaining more about 'a rare opportunity for this year "admittable" applicants to be accepted.?' I cannot get it..
appreciate your help in advance!

Because most indications (fewer R1 admits, extended deadline, change in admission requirements, ..etc) tell that they may have missed it this year for R1, and so they may try to catch up with R2 by accepting as much as possible (admittable applicants) to fill in the class. For a class of 80% internationals and start in June, it means most likely all international applicants (80 or so) should be admitted by R1 and R2, in fact, the majority of those 80 should be admitted in R1, now that we see R1 admits number is 24, I feel the chance for the good candidates is quite high in R2. again, this is special for this year, because things will get stable for the next year.. This is my thought..I might be wrong though...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
It is interesting that the R2 deadline extension was sent by email to a selected group! they did not post it on the website or any news outlet !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
And I am getting constant emails from admissions on some of the other event , even for the MBA program , their messaging is all over

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sloanaspirant wrote:
And I am getting constant emails from admissions on some of the other event , even for the MBA program , their messaging is all over

It looks like the school want to centralize the admission for all its graduate programs..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts