Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [3]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Re: 580 to 700 . [#permalink]
RohanBasawkar wrote:
Hearty Congratulations sobby. I have also been reading experts for some time now, but now want to start my preparation seriously.

Can you let me now what you mean by "re-calibrate yourself to GMAT CR before exam". Because I have been reading that if we prepare from LSAT CR, then we are automatically prepared for GMAT CR.

LSAT questions have a bit of different format and mentality than OG CR so it is advisable to recalibrate or just do enough of each when you study
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
580 to 700 . [#permalink]
RohanBasawkar wrote:
Hearty Congratulations sobby. I have also been reading experts for some time now, but now want to start my preparation seriously.

Can you let me now what you mean by "re-calibrate yourself to GMAT CR before exam". Because I have been reading that if we prepare from LSAT CR, then we are automatically prepared for GMAT CR.

I think AweG have pointed out correctly .

It is my personal experience that LSAT CR are actually difficult , and have format of answer choices different from GMAT CR's. it is actually beneficial to solve those question as one will get a varied view point of a scenario given in CR argument .But finally GMAT CR's are what we should focus more.

This is my Conversation with GmatNinja ...... :) Hope this will help

sobby wrote:

Its really helpful ...I am not doing LSAT question explicitly but there are a lot of good CR question floating in this forum.I found that difficult than GMAT CR .
what i observed is LSAT CR (Strengthen /assumption ) requires multilevel thinking to reach a particular point.unlike in GMAT CR (mostly), the answer will be exactly to the point (may be convoluted by wordings)...and if a answer choice requires multilevel thinking that answer choice is mostly wrong in GMAT .
just was curious to know, would LSAT question hamper the thinking process required in GMAT CR or just i am thinking too much
Thanks.

Reply :

I have no reason to think that doing LSATs would ever actually hamper your thinking process on the GMAT. The fundamental logic is still the same. Sure, you could argue that LSAT questions tend to be a little bit more complex on average (especially those parallel reasoning questions -- they're nasty), but the LSAT isn't going to teach you anything that would somehow be wrong on the GMAT. So I wouldn't worry about that. It's just a question of whether you really need LSATs. If the GMAT materials are enough to get you to your goals, awesome!

I do think that LSAT and GMAT questions can feel really different, though. The LSAT loves more abstract, deductive logic, and the LSAT has more legal and philosophical topics. The GMAT loves to give you passages that are more aligned with things you'd discuss in the real world, such as economics or business or politics. So if you end up using the LSAT, it's always wise to do more GMAT questions as you get closer to your actual exam, just so you don't find the GMAT questions jarring. For most people, the GMAT will just feel MUCH easier after you've done a bunch of LSATs. But still, it's always good to make sure that you're re-calibrated to the GMAT by test day
GMAT Club Bot
580 to 700 . [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts