Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4560 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16842 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
First mock (690 Q49 V34) - Target 700ish, book exam in 1 month? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey kuja,

Let me begin my reply by saying that you are on the right track on your preparation – your score is a reflection of that.

Now, coming to the last mile of your preparation, it is imperative to maintain a few points to ensure you don’t miss the final touch to surpass your target score. Let’s have a look at them:
    • Analyse the mistakes that you have made so far, in your preparation.
      o This is where the importance of maintaining an error log comes into picture. Do check those questions, approaches, and the concepts related in a regular interval to ensure those errors are not getting repeated.
    • Complete any pending concepts early so that you have sufficient time to solve application type questions on that concept.
    • Do practice a good mix of questions, in terms of variety as well as difficulty level, to ensure minimum level of surprises in the original GMAT exam. A platform like Scholaranium can be of a great help for this purpose.

Finally, maintain your focus for the test – a focused approach in the last one month ensures you are on the peak of your performance on the real test day.

Good luck for your preparation. Feel free to reach us anytime if you need any help regarding the preparation. :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: First mock (690 Q49 V34) - Target 700ish, book exam in 1 month? [#permalink]
Hi Payal,

Thank you for the tips!

I do currently maintain an error log, but I must confess that I haven't been reviewing it much - I devote majority of the time doing practice sets, and whatever time that's left I focus on fixing glaring weaknesses with the guides (ex. sentence correction).

If I have to choose between doing more sets or reviewing errors, which is more value-adding? At this point, I still have 600+ questions to go from the books and it's likely I will not finish them all by the exam date.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16842 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Re: First mock (690 Q49 V34) - Target 700ish, book exam in 1 month? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey kuja,
if you have to choose between doing more sets and reviewing errors, definitely your priority should go to reviewing errors first. Only in that way you can ensure that you are not repeating your mistakes again.

On the other hand, if you keep on doing new sets while repeating the same mistakes, you can figure it out that you are not learning from your previous errors and committing the same mistakes again and again.

Hope you have got an idea about the priorities you want to set and how to proceed in your preparation. write us back for any clarification – we will be happy to help. :-)
GMAT Club Bot