Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 00:40 It is currently 14 May 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 804 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2125 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2237 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Quant preparation for math dummies [#permalink]
Hey Hi,
You can go through the following books once your done with giving a free official mock the mba.com which will help you assess where you currently stand
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu

If your looking for a course on Quant here are some options :-
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-co ... ml?fl=menu

I would suggest try out target test prep, they are really good for quant prep. They also have a 5 day trail so you can try it out.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33667 [0]
Given Kudos: 5787
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
sharandsp wrote:
Hi... Im very poor at maths..can anyone help me on how to prepare for quant sec in GMAT from scratch?

Hi sharandsp

You should start with Manhattan Foundations of GMAT Math. It is very good for those weak in math. It will refresh your rusty school level math skills and then gradually come to the Main Math guides from Manhattan GMAT.

What is your Goal Score by the way?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2860 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Quant preparation for math dummies [#permalink]
sharandsp wrote:
Hi... Im very poor at maths..can anyone help me on how to prepare for quant sec in GMAT from scratch?

Hi sharandsp,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! You can try out the TTP course as it is phenomenal and covers the entire syllabus really well. Plus it has great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Note that it is recommended that you start with the GMATCLUB tests only once you reach a Q45+ as the questions are a bit challenging.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the Quant review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 5221 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hey sharandsp

Welcome to GMATClub!

I've some good news for you. GMAT Quant is one of the easiest aspects of the test(as far
as making an improvement is concerned. The first step is to take a GMATPrep test and see
what score you are getting in Quant. This will help you understand your baseline score and
this will help others give you a good plan to work on based on the topics which need more
attention

These are few of the links which you can use in order to improve your Quant score.

1. GMATClub Quantitative Mega-Thread
2. ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
3. PS Directory by Topic and Difficulty
4. DS Directory by Topic and Difficulty
5. Q44 -> Q50
6. Timing strategies

The first two links help you with basic concepts. For topics that you have problems in, you
could work on the concepts from the first thread. The third and fourth links are for practice
only and the sixth link will give you an idea of some of the timing strategies that might be
helpful.

Whenever you practice questions, try to understand if you are able to apply the learning to
the problems. Every time you are not able to solve a question go through the thread(where
the question has been discussed) and go through the various methods that have been used
to solve the problems. In my experience, you will come across a few methods that will help
you save some time. Try and adapt these methods while you solve questions during practice.

Work on maintaining an error log and go through the mistakes you make from time to time.
This retrospection will definitely help you improve your scores. Last but not the least, these
are few links that you might find handy while preparing for the GMAT. Feel free to tag the
experts for questions you have no clue about.

Hope this helps you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

As im from a science background and last time i did maths was in my class 10. so i need to start from very very basic level...Can anyone plz tell me where and how to start for quant section...
GMAT Club Bot