Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 23:56 It is currently 07 May 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Schulich MMGT Applicants - Fall 2019 [#permalink]
Has anyone got an interview invite for mmgt 2019 intake?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone! I am starting a Facebook group for the 2019 intake (admitted students). I will post the link in 5 days because I apparently need to be a member for 5 days -_-

I look forward to meeting you all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! Has anyone heard back from the university? I was going through other discussion topics and they are already done with the interview as well. Is it just me or no one has heard back from them for this course?
I applied in round one on 30th November.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Jassimran wrote:
Hi! Has anyone heard back from the university? I was going through other discussion topics and they are already done with the interview as well. Is it just me or no one has heard back from them for this course?

I applied on 18th Nov and got an interview invitation today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's wonderful! Do share your experience. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
johedta wrote:

Hey buddy.

I had my interview mid Decemver and got my acceptance before the Christmas break. Happy to share advice with all of you. I have also created a Linkedin group "Schulich MMgt Class of 2019-20" for everyone to be connected and better communicate and assist each other. Join!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Jassimran wrote:

Got my acceptance about a month ago and the interviewer mentioned that only top applicants were being interviewed at the moment and they were also looking to fill some more spots this year. Lose no hope
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Here I'll attempt to share my application process for all those needing assistance/advice.

To get to an interview, you should have at least a 3.4 final 2 year GPA. If not, your application should have something extraordinary (awesome rec letters, crazy personal statements/application essay and video answers, or unique work/LIFE experiences. I really believe this admissions team puts ample emphasis on life experience.

Now I'll share my stats, application, interview stuff...

I had a final 2 year GPA of about 3.6.

My 2 recommendation letters were from a professor and a TA. I had the option of choosing 2 professors but had a very good relationship with my TA whom held very high opinions of me and I knew would sincerely write the best recommendation for me.

No work experience. Some volunteer experience. Nothing worthwhile.

Personal essays...poured my life experience into them...all the challenges and obstacles...accomplishments and even failures.

Now the interview...
It lasted about 40 mins. By far the best interview I've ever had and ever given because the interviewer was so damn genuine and down to earth.
She asked about how the program can help me, how I manage stress, what kind of a person am I, how do I work in groups, how do I handle stress, why my grades have such a big difference between the first 2 and last 2 years.
Sounds like a lot...but it was actually a lot of fun because it was really laid back and in between questions we would just have small talk about our families, York University ongoings (I went there), and sharing laughs. The best advice I can give is to loosen your ties and be yourselves, you'll be fine.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey BSchooler - I messaged you on LinkedIn to add me to the group :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I applied on 18 Nov 2018. Recommendation letters were summited by my program leader and program director. My GPA of final 2 years was 3.68.

I had my interview today with Michelle. It lasted for about 20mins. The interview was pretty casual and chill.
She asked about why I chose Mmgt program, how can MMgt help me in my career, what kinds of approach will I use when studying new subjects (acct), experience of working in a dysfunctional team and solutions, experience of facing a failure.
Finally, she said the result would usually out within this week or early next week. So, finger crossed!

Hope these information can help you guys and good luck!! :blushing
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted my offer!

- Applied in Round 1 but handed in my application the day before the deadline
- Got my interview first week of Jan.
- Offer came in 2 days
- 2 year GPA: 3.83
- Referees: Professor of 3 years + Business Manager
- Previous work experience: 1 year of temporary contracting (where I got my business experience)
- EC/Community Involvement: Alumni ambassador where I did UG + during UG, I did 3 years of the same club (I was an Events Director)
- Interview: Had it with Michelle and we talked for an HOUR. 1% was the actual interview, but she did not ask me any explicit questions because when I introduced myself, I ended up answering whatever questions she had along the way. Actually, did ask me to talk a little more about my experience in the club I did in UG, and that was it. It really was an interview to get to know who I am as a person, which was super refreshing. It was a genuine conversation like everyone said.

If anyone accepted their offer and wants to be added to the Facebook group, give me a PM :)

BTW, for everyone in later rounds, be prepared to have the $3000 ready because I was not prepared to fork that much over by Feb 11..... (so like 1-ish months from the date of offer)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! Anyone among you who is done with their interview and is an international student?
i am confused. i have a good GPA of 7.42 out of 10.
i have a part time work experience of 6 months and 10 months respectively at two different firms i have been working simultaneously.
i am to complete my law degree in the may of this year.

After reading all your responses, it's really making me nervous. All i can think of is that maybe they are yet to process the applications of international students. Please guide me if i am wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jassimran wrote:
Hi! Anyone among you who is done with their interview and is an international student?
i am confused. i have a good GPA of 7.42 out of 10.
i have a part time work experience of 6 months and 10 months respectively at two different firms i have been working simultaneously.
i am to complete my law degree in the may of this year.

After reading all your responses, it's really making me nervous. All i can think of is that maybe they are yet to process the applications of international students. Please guide me if i am wrong.

I am an international student. I applied on 18 Nov 2018. However, I think my application was not considered as completed until all recommendation letters were summited on 4 Dec. I got my interview invitation on 15 Jan and finished my interview on 22 Jan. Offer came in 4 days (26 Jan).

As I mentioned above, my GPA of last 2 years was 3.68. Besides, I have 1 year full-time marketing-related working experience.
Hope these information can help you. Good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschoolers wrote:
johedta wrote:

Hey buddy.

I had my interview mid Decemver and got my acceptance before the Christmas break. Happy to share advice with all of you. I have also created a Linkedin group "Schulich MMgt Class of 2019-20" for everyone to be connected and better communicate and assist each other. Join!

Hi bschoolers, I summited a request to join the group on Linkedin, please add me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also join the Facebook group: "Schulich Master of Management - Fall 2019 Cohort"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! I wanted to know what kind of video questions are asked in the application?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
sanskruti1017 wrote:
Hi! I wanted to know what kind of video questions are asked in the application?

1) A question about getting to know you, that's totally not business related
2) A question about the workplace
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts