Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT Date: 04-15-2015
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask Darden Admissions [#permalink]
ABHILASHTT wrote:
Greetings Darden Admissions :-D ,
I am Abhilash from Bangalore, India. I have recently completed my graduation in commerce with finance specialization and I am looking forward to pursue my higher studies in Mba from America. It would be really kind of you if you would answer some of my basic queries.
1. Can you please tell me whether a 3 years Bachelors degree from India is accepted at Darden ?
2. Min work experience required ?
3. Is it possible to get adm to Full time Mba at Darden with out any work experience ?
4. My GPA is 3.44, What are possibilities of Adm If I score 650-700 in Gmat ?
:-D
Thank you :-D

Abhilash - Happy to respond to your questions.

We do consider candidates with a 3-year Bachelor's degree, as long as it is considered the equivalent of a four-year American baccalaureate degree. We don't have a minimum requirement for years of professional experience, but it is recommended that you have at least two. Our students typically average between 4-5 years of professional experience, and it is very rare that we admit a student with no work experience.

For your GPA and GMAT questions, I suggest you look at our class profile. We take a holistic approach in our evaluation process, so we look at much more than just GMAT and GPA. https://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/mba/ ... s-profile/

Hope this helps!

Kinds regards,
Darden Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Darden,
Thank you for opening up this forum, it is extremely helpful!
I was hoping you could tell me a bit more about the opportunities to pursue Social Innovation/Enterprise at Darden. I see that there are some elective courses available in this area - are there any other opportunities that would be relevant (clubs, organizations, internships, etc.)?

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Darden,

I was wondering when do the R2 interview invites go out. Can we expect something this week?

R2 Applicant
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nicelystupid wrote:
Hi Darden,

I was wondering when do the R2 interview invites go out. Can we expect something this week?

R2 Applicant

Hello R2 Applicant!

Thanks for reaching out! Invitations to interview will begin going out in late January and candidates can receive an invitation at any point up until the decision release date on 25 March. Let us know if you have any more questions.
Send PM
Kudos
AJC2014 wrote:
Hi Darden,
Thank you for opening up this forum, it is extremely helpful!
I was hoping you could tell me a bit more about the opportunities to pursue Social Innovation/Enterprise at Darden. I see that there are some elective courses available in this area - are there any other opportunities that would be relevant (clubs, organizations, internships, etc.)?

Thank you!

Hello!

Our apologies for such a delay in responding to you! To answer your question, we have a lot of information about social innovation/enterprise on our website, specifically on these pages:

And if you would like to learn more, the best way is to contact one of our student or alumni ambassadors, which can be found here:
Be sure to search through the list and find the ones with the area of interest similar to yours.

We hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Hi Darden Adcom!

I have applied to Darden MBA for the Fall 2015 term. I applied with a GMAT score of 690. However, I felt that I can secure a much better score hence, re-took the exam on 25th Jan. I scored 740, 97% (V - 40, 91% Q - 50, 88% AWA - 6.0, 92% IR - 5, 52%). I would like to include my present score in my application. I sent my score to darden@virginia.edu but haven't received an acknowledgement yet. Is there any alternate email ID I should send it to? I checked the application portal and it doesn't have any other alternate way to submit. I would appreciate your answer on this. Thank you!

Hem
Send PM
hemchander11 wrote:
Hi Darden Adcom!

I have applied to Darden MBA for the Fall 2015 term. I applied with a GMAT score of 690. However, I felt that I can secure a much better score hence, re-took the exam on 25th Jan. I scored 740, 97% (V - 40, 91% Q - 50, 88% AWA - 6.0, 92% IR - 5, 52%). I would like to include my present score in my application. I sent my score to darden@virginia.edu but haven't received an acknowledgement yet. Is there any alternate email ID I should send it to? I checked the application portal and it doesn't have any other alternate way to submit. I would appreciate your answer on this. Thank you!

Hem

Hello Hem,

Congratulations on your improved GMAT scores! And thank you for reaching out. Someone from our team has contacted you directly.

We appreciate your continued interest in Darden,

Darden Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
DardenAdmissions wrote:
hemchander11 wrote:
Hi Darden Adcom!

Hem

Hello Hem,

Congratulations on your improved GMAT scores! And thank you for reaching out. Someone from our team has contacted you directly.

We appreciate your continued interest in Darden,

Darden Admissions

I did receive an email from your team. Thank you so much!
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Dear Darden Adcom,

After reading the wonderful website of Darden MBA (Full time), I came up with some questions about different elements in the program.

1. The theme tracks are unique value added. How do those concentrations help the students? What is the difference between electives and functional concentrations? Can I choose more than one track such consulting and supply chain?
2. What is the exchange program duration? Can I travel for a whole semester or just fee weeks? Is it allowable to utilize the host University for Job Opportunities?

Thanks
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Dear Darden Adcom,

After reading the wonderful website of Darden MBA (Full time), I came up with some questions about different elements in the program.

1. The theme tracks are unique value added. How do those concentrations help the students? What is the difference between electives and functional concentrations? Can I choose more than one track such consulting and supply chain?
2. What is the exchange program duration? Can I travel for a whole semester or just fee weeks? Is it allowable to utilize the host University for Job Opportunities?

Thanks

Hello Mo2men,

Thanks for reaching out! To answer your questions:
1. Darden faculty added optional concentrations to the curriculum structure in 2010. While students have always tailored the elective curriculum to focus on areas of interest, the concentrations provide additional guidance and structure to this specialization, as well as providing a stronger signal to recruiters of students’ focus. All students still receive the same MBA degree, but concentrations can be added to resumes as well. The concentrations are divided into career tracks and theme tracks. MBA students may choose two from the list found here: https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/academics/concentrations/

2. The duration of the exchange program will depend on the academic calendar at the partner school. Some partner schools offer only semester long programs, since they are on the semester calendar; others allow for our students to attend for a half semester (which is usually equivalent to one of Darden’s Second Year Quarters). Regarding access to the career centers at our partner schools, this will also vary from school to school. Some partner schools allow exchange students to have full access to their career center, and others are a bit more restrictive on what exchange students can have access to career-wise. Regardless of institution, being on the ground and immersed in that country’s culture will inevitably allow you to expand and grow your personal and professional network.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,
Darden Admissions
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
DardenAdmissions wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Dear Darden Adcom,

Thanks

Hello Mo2men,

Thanks for reaching out! To answer your questions:
1. Darden faculty added optional concentrations to the curriculum structure in 2010. While students have always tailored the elective curriculum to focus on areas of interest, the concentrations provide additional guidance and structure to this specialization, as well as providing a stronger signal to recruiters of students’ focus. All students still receive the same MBA degree, but concentrations can be added to resumes as well. The concentrations are divided into career tracks and theme tracks. MBA students may choose two from the list found here: https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/academics/concentrations/

2. The duration of the exchange program will depend on the academic calendar at the partner school. Some partner schools offer only semester long programs, since they are on the semester calendar; others allow for our students to attend for a half semester (which is usually equivalent to one of Darden’s Second Year Quarters). Regarding access to the career centers at our partner schools, this will also vary from school to school. Some partner schools allow exchange students to have full access to their career center, and others are a bit more restrictive on what exchange students can have access to career-wise. Regardless of institution, being on the ground and immersed in that country’s culture will inevitably allow you to expand and grow your personal and professional network.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,
Darden Admissions

Thanks for your enlightening answers. I wan to know info about the following:

1- It mentioned that GMAT could be self-reported for application process then after admission I can send the original result from GMAC. Does the same apply for TOEFL results? I know that both should be taken before round deadline.

2- Is it acceptable to use a client to be a recommender? if yes, should I use the optional essay to state the reason. I can't ask my current manager as I will put my job in jeopardy. However, the second recommender will be a former manager.

Thanks
Send PM
Hello Mo2men,

We’re happy to help.

1. Yes you may self-report your GMAT and TOEFL scores on your application and will be asked to provide your official score reports upon admission.

2. Yes you may use a client as a recommender. The optional essay is a great place to let us know why you may not have been able to have your current manager or supervisor write on your behalf. It will be helpful to have the perspective from your former manager in addition to your client. We like to get insight into your role as a professional and advise all applicants to choose recommenders who know you and your work well and can provide examples of your contributions and achievements.

We hope this helps! For more information on our application requirements visit: https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mba/admissions/requirements/

- Darden Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Darden Admissions,

I wanted to check whether waitlisted candidates are also considered for scholarships at Darden in case they are admitted. Are they given the same consideration as other previously admitted candidates?

Thank you.
Send PM