Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: Indiana Kelley ($$) vs W.P Carey( $$$). SCM and Operations [#permalink]
rajatvermaenator wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Congrats rajatvermaenator

You have really great offers at hand.

SCM and operation is my specialty. So, I'm glad to help. If you read my old posts. I always say there is another standard for supply chain education called Gartner.

I will rule out Mcdonough as it is neither supply chain powerhouse nor offering any comparable scholarship. Also, I won't count Schulich as it seems you prefer USA over Canada. Likewise, Kelley doers not offer same scholarship that the last 2 offer.

From SCM quality and scholarship, Eli Borad tops all schools. It is a known powerhouse for SCM and has the biggest academic staff for SC. In addition, The geography and career office support its position.

Then it comes W Carey, It is well known as supply chain powerhouse in the south west region. This program has a privilege over Broad that I like more than Carey. It is STEM program which can relief to you while searching for a job. I do not see the career office doing bad job in Carey at all. Its numbers are good. I do not know why you had this distance between you and current domestic students but let me advise you something, One aspect of MBA is to know people from other cultures and live this culture from them. It is not good to travel to a program that have this signification number of your nation. I recall bb has a point in this experience and he may share.

If I were in you place, I would pick Carey up directly, although my preference to Broad.

Thank you mo2men! I have already gone through your previous posts on the very same topic more or less. They were really insightful.
Though I wanted to ask whether the brand name of Kelley would prove to be more advantageous than Carey in longer run?

Posted from my mobile device

I do not see Kelley's name will be of advantageous on long run at all. Also, Any school will be benefit you for 3-5 years. After that you achievements will be the main supporter to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks mo2men! I really appreciate your views here.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats on your admits. I would not pay 50% of tuition + stipend/other benefits for the priviledge of having a slightly higher-ranked MBA program that may in the longer run at some point (unlikely though) come handy.

I think the offers you got are pretty amazing and I would pick the STEM+FREE+ENJOY one ;-)

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey BB! I was waiting patiently for your expert comment.? Thanks a lot for weighing in as it gave me unequivocal direction.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ha ha. Thank you.

Keep in mind it is just a perspective. Think about it, talk it over with your family, and sleep in it. Whatever you do, it is something you want to be committed to and something you are on board for. It won’t make any good to blame someone else (esp me :lol:) for the decision or have regrets and doubt it. MBA is a hard journey and it becomes destructive id you add doubt to it, so make the decision and make sure that you will not look back and wonder how it would have been otherwise. It does not help and you will never know anyway :-)

Good luck with your decision!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I understand bb. Yes, I am and will be sleeping over it for the next two weeks as I have been doing so for the past 2 weeks.? I had paid the deposit to W.P. Carey previous month , the Kelley offer which came afterwards scrambled me a bit. Thank you bb and mo2men.

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts