Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 14:52 It is currently 04 May 2024, 14:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73025 [0]
Given Kudos: 18907
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22134 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: In-Person Testing Suspended for 2020 at some locations! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Tarscase,

Have you had a chance to reach out to the folks at GMAC to discuss the situation further?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Thank bb and Rich for your sharing your inputs. I am keeping a track of updates on mba(dot)com but it seems that all the information is not in sync.

scott - yes spoke with GMAC customer service representatives but they do not know any better than the GMAT test scheduler on mba(dot)com
I was able to reschedule the exam in 2 weeks from now after my appointment was moved to 31 Dec 2020. But today i received another email that says that my exam stands cancelled for the selected center. And i checked under my GMAT account and it still shows that exam is scheduled. Customer service says i should wait another 2-3 days hoping that i receive an update. Rescheduling at short notices may have led to a bit of preparation burn-out with not end in sight. I may just give GMAT online a shot in case this appointment does not work out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 331
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
bb wrote:
Yes, a number of people have received these messages and had to deal with rescheduling or cancelation or refunds. A number have taken the GMAT online while others traveled to other locations to take the test - we did a YouTube on Sunday with one of those who traveled to Phoenix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiKAnS5jiY to take their GMAT in person.

I wonder what level of uproar would be required for GMAC to let people use scratchpad and come up with some innovative solution so people can use it.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22134 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
TARSCASE wrote:
Thank bb and Rich for your sharing your inputs. I am keeping a track of updates on mba(dot)com but it seems that all the information is not in sync.

scott - yes spoke with GMAC customer service representatives but they do not know any better than the GMAT test scheduler on mba(dot)com
I was able to reschedule the exam in 2 weeks from now after my appointment was moved to 31 Dec 2020. But today i received another email that says that my exam stands cancelled for the selected center. And i checked under my GMAT account and it still shows that exam is scheduled. Customer service says i should wait another 2-3 days hoping that i receive an update. Rescheduling at short notices may have led to a bit of preparation burn-out with not end in sight. I may just give GMAT online a shot in case this appointment does not work out.

I mean besides the 200 dollars, you really have nothing to lose by taking the online GMAT, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
Send PM
GMAT does it again, literally.

My May 8th Appointment was cancelled 2 days before the exam. It was my first attempt at GMAT, But I've dealt with Pearson lukewarm response back when I appeared for my CCNP, so, I knew what I was getting into and was assertive over call. I told them that I could not care less about the refund and just want to appear for my exam as scheduled, a person schedules GMAT planning thousands different things (work, personal commitment, hell, even personal health). To that, GMAC cannot be less bothered. I was given the same, expected response: "we know, we're sorry, now get off our backs we have future to ruin of other applicants." I knew at this point, there is no point to this. the best decision for me, in order to not lose my flow is to schedule another exam, get that body clock running and try again. I scheduled my test again on 9th June 2021 (closest available date at closest location)

cut to, 2 hours ago (crazy how they send these emails on a Friday, and not on a workday. apparently justifying their action over call is too much to ask). I got another email. exactly like the previous one. My appointment has been cancelled, again. I did not hold back this time. sent an email: to person, GMAC. tried calling both ( of course, beyond office hours, so nobody responded.) used the website, support chat option, I asked the agent that I will take any test center in that city, or a nearby city and any time of the day (even tho, I've been practising for an 11.00 am appearance). All I wanted was to appear for the exam on June 9th. And he said, "there's no availability on that date, please book for 17th June, that's the closest date available." to which I replied: "can you assure me that I wouldn't be having this conversation 2 days before my 17th June appointment". to which he said: "No". Are you kidding me? All that crap about most elite and accommodating exam for applicants. and this is happening for an in-person test, not your online GMAT. I can't even imagine how many ways GMAC/Pearson can find to F%&k up your GMAT online. at this point, I literally have no idea what to do next...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 458
GPA: 2.44
Send PM
Hey, have you had any luck yet?
My exam has been cancelled twice in a month and it's damn frustrating!

How are you going about this?

ueh55406 wrote:
GMAT does it again, literally.

My May 8th Appointment was cancelled 2 days before the exam. It was my first attempt at GMAT, But I've dealt with Pearson lukewarm response back when I appeared for my CCNP, so, I knew what I was getting into and was assertive over call. I told them that I could not care less about the refund and just want to appear for my exam as scheduled, a person schedules GMAT planning thousands different things (work, personal commitment, hell, even personal health). To that, GMAC cannot be less bothered. I was given the same, expected response: "we know, we're sorry, now get off our backs we have future to ruin of other applicants." I knew at this point, there is no point to this. the best decision for me, in order to not lose my flow is to schedule another exam, get that body clock running and try again. I scheduled my test again on 9th June 2021 (closest available date at closest location)

cut to, 2 hours ago (crazy how they send these emails on a Friday, and not on a workday. apparently justifying their action over call is too much to ask). I got another email. exactly like the previous one. My appointment has been cancelled, again. I did not hold back this time. sent an email: to person, GMAC. tried calling both ( of course, beyond office hours, so nobody responded.) used the website, support chat option, I asked the agent that I will take any test center in that city, or a nearby city and any time of the day (even tho, I've been practising for an 11.00 am appearance). All I wanted was to appear for the exam on June 9th. And he said, "there's no availability on that date, please book for 17th June, that's the closest date available." to which I replied: "can you assure me that I wouldn't be having this conversation 2 days before my 17th June appointment". to which he said: "No". Are you kidding me? All that crap about most elite and accommodating exam for applicants. and this is happening for an in-person test, not your online GMAT. I can't even imagine how many ways GMAC/Pearson can find to F%&k up your GMAT online. at this point, I literally have no idea what to do next...

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot