Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Never ending Gmat journey: Need help!! [#permalink]
abhijeet2020 wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions!!

550 - Q43,V23

since couple of weeks gave following free mock tests :-

Veritas prep - 630 (Q46,V31)
MGMAT - 620 (Q45,V31)

Experts global - 560 (Q44,V24) --this score crashed my all hopes to secure 700+ :cry:

First of all I want to motivate you, Your MGMAT Score is really good. Q45 & V31 is good.

I recommend you to not measure yourself from different prep companies, No company has the original GMAT like algorithm.

After reading/searching/trying I do trust MGMAT CATS, reason is their CATS are tough. If you can manage time and score 700 in MGMAT then you can surely perform well in GMAT too.

I would recommend you to have a fresh start, GMAT is the exam in which one can perform well on one day and bad on another. What matters is whether you have followed the process to solve questions or not and that process is correct or not. So you should finalize the process of tackling verbal questions separately for SC/RC & CR. And strictly apply decided process in each and every question no matter whether it is easy/medium or hard question. We need to work to have that process in our subconscious mind, it should be done effortlessly in real exam and practice will make that happen.

I also request you to not take any mocks until you finalize with the process, apply process in a few questions revise it if required and then finalize. Where will you find the process? Answer to this is not pin point. As you are preparing from quite some time you can do it yourself or read the expert's replies specially from MGMAT experts/GMATNinja/Crackverbal. They have really put in tremendous efforts, you can read their long posts and learn a lot.

For Quant, You seem to be comfortable with medium questions, now focus on hard. That also you can find out on GMATClub.

Focus more on verbal but at the same time maintain your score in Quant also.

Hope I have helped you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Never ending Gmat journey: Need help!! [#permalink]
Yes definitely, your suggestions are valuable. Looking forward for some guidance from moderators...
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Are you still looking for advice regarding your GMAT study plan?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 314
GMAT 1: 590 Q37 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Law (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I highly recommend you that get a tutor, and also focus on being calm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:

Yes Scott, but only thing that I don't want to waste any penny on some online gmat course. My experience with these courses was very bad. I m looking to capitalize more on gmatclub than any other platform.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
550 - Q43,V23

For Quant, you definitely need to strengthen essential math skills. Use MGMAT series to review and improve such.

For Verbal, I used e gmat and did all its scholaranium back in 2018. I argue that this course is good for SC. CR is fine, but its RC doesn't go along with me. You need to go back to basic by doing all official guide questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhijeet2020 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:

Yes Scott, but only thing that I don't want to waste any penny on some online gmat course. My experience with these courses was very bad. I m looking to capitalize more on gmatclub than any other platform.

Understood. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Hi,

Given that you have left your job to prepare for this and are only looking for Gmatclub resources, I am adding some links which were very helpful for me.

Topic + Difficulty Wise Questions -

https://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-reas ... 28861.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ds-question-d ... 28728.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ps-quest ... 27957.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/reading-compr ... 29341.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-corr ... 29750.html

Best Source of Quant Concepts - If you go through this megathread, I dont think you need anything else, or any book.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

My two cents - You have already given few mock tests. Revisit those tests and find out what kind of questions you are getting wrong. For example in my case within SC I got to know that I sucked at Comparison and Tenses related questions. So using the link I have mentioned above, I solved questions on these topics. Don't stop solving just because you are getting it wrong. Read the explanations from trusted sources on Gmatclub, GMATNinja(simply the best) for Verbal and Bunuel/KarishmaVeritas for Quant. Stop solving questions only when you start getting the questions right, quite often and move on to the next weakness. Same trick for every other topic. Knowing that you are bad at CR or SC is not enough, you need to know what exactly within SC or CR you are struggling with.

I cannot emphasize how important solving questions is. Solve as many questions as possible, doesnt matter how and when. If you don't want to buy online question banks (I didnt buy any), I also have a collection of Question Banks, which I collected from forums like Gmatclub and others. I solved almost every single one of them. Went through explanations and for those I could not find explanation in the Answer Key, I googled the explanations. If you want this collection, just DM me your email ID.

If you can consistently do this for 3 months and invest 120-150 hours a month, you should be able to reach 700+. All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts