Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Becoming a part of the LBS Community: Activities, Clubs and Groups [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Becoming a part of the LBS Community: Activities, Clubs and Groups
Looking to make an impact as a London Business School student? Interested in forming friendships with peers who have similar interests? If so, you will find an abundance of opportunities from treks to students-led events and everything in between. LBS clubs create cutting-edge experiences and our active alumni and professional interest networks will keep you connected far beyond your student years.

With more than 75 clubs, over 1,000 club events each year and over 150 student leaders there are a lot of ways for students to refine their leadership and organisational management experience, explore interests, and make friendships that will last a lifetime. I sat down with Kathryn Larin (MBA 2021), Shira Giat (MiFFT 2020) and Serena Grillo (MAM 2020) for a webinar event to learn about their involvement in the clubs and LBS community.

[youtube2]figure>

[/youtube2]

The post Becoming a part of the LBS Community: Activities, Clubs and Groups appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Masters in Finance: How to submit a strong early application [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance: How to submit a strong early application
Applications
for the Masters in Finance (MiF) programme starting in August 2021 are open! As
our first application deadline on Tuesday 29th September is fast
approaching, we wanted to guide you through how to submit a strong, early
application.

Applications are highly competitive in the later rounds, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. This also increases your chances of being considered for our scholarships. Please see all application deadlines for our 2021 intake here.

The most important thing before starting your application, is to do your research. Get a thorough understanding of the MiF by visiting our website and downloading our brochure. Learn more about the student body and career impact by downloading our class directory and employment report. Develop your awareness of the MiF student experience by speaking to our Current Students, Ambassadors and Alumni. Have your questions answered live during one of our many events.

We in the MiF Recruitment Team also help and support you across the research and applying stages. Any questions, you can email us at mif@london.edu. You can submit your profile for review, and we will informally assess your eligibility for the programme. We also host one-to-one consultations, where we answer your questions and provide you with tailored application support.

Once you have completed your research, the next step is to start your application. You will be required to fill out our online application form, which involves submitting a GMAT or GRE score, two essay questions, a one page CV, your academic transcripts and two professional references.

Applications
are reviewed holistically, therefore all aspects of your application are
measured equally by the MiF Admissions Committee.

Below
is an explanation of the the individual application requirements in more
detail.

GMAT/GRE

So we can assess your quantitative
ability to ensure you can keep up with the rigor of the programme, we require a
GMAT or GRE score. We have no preference between GMAT or GRE. A strong GMAT
score is 650 or above, and for GRE we look for around 160 in the quantitative
section, and 155 in the verbal section. You can also submit your application in
advance of GMAT or GRE as we do make conditional offers.

For a small number of candidates, we waive the GMAT/GRE requirement. If you have CFA L2 then you will automatically receive a GMAT/GRE waiver.  We also grant GMAT/GRE waivers to candidates with strong grades at undergraduate and postgraduate level, especially those who have studied quantitative subjects, and who have outstanding professional finance work experience. Professional qualifications like CFA Level I, FRM, CPA and ACCA will increase your chances of getting a waiver. To apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, please share your CV and your undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts with us at mif@london.edu.

Two essay questions

Our
two essay questions are focused on why you are interested in studying the
Masters in Finance at LBS, and how will you will contribute to our community. Remember,
there is no right or wrong answer. Use the essays to tell us your story, and to
highlight your personality. Demonstrate your leadership potential, your global
mind-set, and showcase your academic capabilities.

CV and
transcripts

You must include a one page CVin our recommended CV template and your academic transcripts. We require transcripts from your undergraduate and any postgraduate degrees. If your transcripts are not in English, they will need to be translated.

References

We
require two references from you, and these should ideally be professional i.e.
by someone you have worked with and who know you very well. The seniority of
your referee does not matter as much as the quality your reference. Please note
that these need to be submitted before we can start reviewing your application.
You should give your referees sufficient time to prepare and submit the
reference, and spend time explaining your motivations to them, so that they can
complete the reference thoroughly.

Once you have submitted your application, the Admissions team will inform you about whether you have been selected for interview or not. This is conducted by our Alumni. For a deeper insight into the interview stage, take a look at our bloghere. 

If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us at mif@london.edu Best of luck with your application!

The post Masters in Finance: How to submit a strong early application appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hello from the MiF Recruitment and Admissions Team [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Hello from the MiF Recruitment and Admissions Team
As the Recruitment &
Admissions team for the Masters in Finance programme (MiF), we are here to
support you, from the point when you are researching into the school and the
programme, after you have applied, and right up until you become a Masters in
Finance student.

We are here to provide you
with all of the information you need to understand which business school is
right for you, and which programme is the best fit for you. We can also guide
you on when to apply, take a look at our blog on MiF application deadlines here.

[b]Get
to know the team[/b]

I’d like to introduce you
to the people you will meet on your admissions journey.

[b]Charlotte
Tait  [/b]

MiF
Student Recruitment Associate

Charlotte has been at LBS for just under 2 years now, and will be the first person you speak to at LBS. Charlotte is here to answer all your queries about the programme and application process via our [email=mif@london.edu]mif@london.edu[/email] email as well as by phone. She will also give you personalised support and feedback on your profile and fit for the programme. In between recruiting for the MiF you will most likely find her planning her next brunch in London! 

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/charlotte-tait-graphic.jpg[/img]

“A bit about me… Before
joining LBS I was living in Thailand for three years, teaching English in an
International School in Bangkok. Living in Thailand has given me a love of
travelling, warm weather and spicy foods!”

[b]Lucky
Singh [/b]

MiF
Recruitment Manager

That’s me! I’ve been Recruiting for the MiF for about a year and a half and have enjoyed every minute of it. Along with Charlotte, my job is to give you all the information you need about LBS and the programme, as well as to support you throughout the application process. I host one-to-one consultations, lead on various events and write a range of blogs, to ensure you can submit the best possible application for the MiF.

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/lucky-graphic.jpg[/img]

I have been fortunate
enough to have met prospective students and alumni in Peru, Mexico, India,
Europe, Thailand and Vietnam. Outside of work, you will most likely find me
baking cakes or planning my next trip!

[b]Alexander
Petterson and Lucy Palin [/b]

MiF
Recruitment and Admissions Managers

Lucy and Alex have a wealth of experience admitting students into the MiF programme, and are responsible for reviewing your applications and guiding you through the admissions process.

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/alex-graphic.jpg[/img]

Originally from the
north-east of England, County Durham, Alex has been with LBS for over six years
and enjoys working in a diverse and collaborative community. Alex is the
regional manager for full-time applications from Africa, Asia, Australasia and
the Middle East, whilst managing half of the part-time admissions.

In his spare time Alex
enjoys keeping active, regularly playing football and running whilst taking a
keen interest in geo-political events.

“I thoroughly enjoy meeting people from all over the world and building relationships within the LBS Community. I find recruiting and admitting candidates for the MiF extremely rewarding, watching our students succeed in their careers and becoming successful Alumni is very fulfilling. Joining LBS is only the beginning of their journey, our Admissions process is unique and extremely thorough, we have excellent support from the Career Centre who we regularly consult with to ensure we select a highly talented and diverse cohort.”

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/lucy-graphic.jpg[/img]

“As the regional
Admissions Manager for North and South America, Europe and Russia, my role is
two-fold. I work with my team to recruit and admit a MiF class full of bright
and diverse minds whilst supporting all Candidates and Admits in my region
throughout their admissions experience. I love that I get to know so many
interesting people (you!)

As for me… I’m a rare
find at LBS, a born and raised Londoner. However, I have also lived in
Australia and Colombia; I think experiencing life in another country is one of
the best things you can do. If I’m not travelling, I’m cooking up feasts from
around the world – I can tell you where to find any ingredient in London.

[b]Peter
Johnson [/b]

[b]Senior
Recruitment & Admissions Manager, MiF [/b]

Peter has been at the school for an incredible 35 years and has been responsible for admitting all 26 MiF classes. Peter leads the MiF Admissions team and chairs the MiF Admissions Committee. He reviews every application, and supports you once you have applied, right up until you start the programme.

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/pj-graphic.jpg[/img]

“My primary challenge is to ‘build the class’, making sure we make offers to the best people, creating a diverse class where everyone will benefit from their LBS experience, but also add to our amazing community. We aim to create a great mix of nationalities, but also to ensure that there is a range of different finance backgrounds represented, as this adds so much to the learning experience.

About me? 35+ years at LBS and a founder member of the MiF Team.  I was brought up in the Lake District in North England and live in North London with my husband Patrick and a houseful of pets. I’m also proud to be a founder member of the Schools LGBTQ+ network.  My interests include wine and opera – ideally together…’’

[b]What’s
next?[/b]

I hope you now know a
little bit more about the MiF Recruitment and Admissions team, and how we can
support you through the application process.

We would love to hear from you and have a chat with you, please email [email=mif@london.edu]mif@london.edu[/email] to get in touch.

You can also get to know our student community by getting in touch with our student ambassadors and alumni [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors]here.[/url]

Our first application deadline is Tuesday 29 September at 13.00, click here to [url=https://www.london.edu/apply?programmeApplyOnlineParameterValue=5&apply=true&itemId=557e20b2-4bd4-4140-9270-3831b8753123&servicePageReferer=557e20b2-4bd4-4140-9270-3831b8753123]apply.[/url]

The post [url=https://admissionsblog.london.edu/hello-from-the-mif-recruitment-and-admissions-team/]Hello from the MiF Recruitment and Admissions Team[/url] appeared first on [url=https://admissionsblog.london.edu]Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School[/url].
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The importance of class diversity in learning [#permalink]
FROM ESCP MiM Students Blog: The importance of class diversity in learning
Whether it be in the workplace or elsewhere, diversity is a key element in the successful functioning of a group. Yet, our individual understanding of the term itself can be highly subjective.

At ESCP, embracing all types of diversity, be it cultural, gender or religious, is at the very core of our values. By promoting and nurturing a working understanding and acceptance of diversity, we look to create learning environments that are open and inclusive.  What’s more, in changing times where sucessful international collaboration will be increasingly important, it is a key ingredient in the development of key skills for tomorrow’s leaders. To get a grasp of just what this might mean for today’s student, we were delighted to chat with Clémence Plantié (MiM 2020) recently. For Clémence, her time at ESCP was the opportunity to engage actively with diversity. This meant an array of variations in terms of nationality, family, education, interests and experiences!

Sames inputs, different outcomes

With all this diversity, behaving based on assumptions can be risky: “I had to actively engage with an assortment of people within groups from the start. It can be hard to grasp how to communicate with people who have significant differences. Sometimes you find out later that something you said had inadvertently hurt another person”. 

A key personal growth factor

Clémence saw this environment as a great opportunity to challenge herself.

Firstly, it was the realisation that “it would help me grow as a person. When we are exposed to diversity, it helps us progress. You can ask yourself on what basis you are making decisions, whether you are making them based on assumptions or based on what you truly believe in.”

Secondly, it was the opportunity to immerse herself in other cultures on a daily basis and find one that corresponded to her methodical approach. “At ESCP, you can seek out people who have the same work culture as you do.” And she wasn’t alone.  “I knew people who, compared to me, preferred a more laid-back approach, and found themselves working with people from more easy-going cultures”. Work groups self-organised across borders! 

It wasn’t always easy. New perspectives require self analysis and open-mindedness. Easier said than done! Clémence found that, apart from project meetings, her social life offered significant challenges in avoiding unfortunate misunderstandings.  “In France, after class, we wait for our friends after class to go for lunch”. But this is not a universal practise. “For other nationalities, this just isn’t an important part of friendship”. 

Going Meta

Clémence learned the importance of meta-communication, of figuring out how she and her classmates could communicate: “It is crucial to understand how you want to communicate, verbally or nonverbally. Only then do we start to understand what the person is really saying”. Clémence went that bit further: “If I was able to speak frankly, I would ask people to let me know if my style was not comfortable for them. Introducing the possibility of openness in how we communicate is key!”

Individuals, not groups

Creating assumptions based on nationality, gender or any other criteria is neither reliable nor beneficial. Clémence quickly understood the dangers of painting groups in broad strokes. Working in a group of Chinese and Italian students, it wasn’t because two or three Italian people reacted in the same way to a certain idea that you should expect all of them to follow suit! The same applied to the Chinese students.  “If you do that, you are just creating stereotypes.”

Decision making for future leaders

In any situation, we have a choice in how we react. This idea of Free will is critical for Clémence. And it is something her experience with diversity helped her develop. “If you want to, you can really reflect on who you are inside. It allowed me to tackle the assumptions I had.”  This questioning lies at the foundation in the development of strong but open-minded leaders for tomorrow. As Clémence says, “Taking more time to make decisions based on what you really believe rather than what you are expected to do”.

At the core of successful diversity in action is the development of a sense of empathy and self-awareness. In a challenging and increasingly diverse world and workplace, these two key qualities form the basis for the development of communication and leadership skills. As we have seen, Clémence is delighted to have experienced diversity at ESCP, we can only hope that you will too!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Application tips for IESE MiM Class of 2022 [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: Application tips for IESE MiM Class of 2022
Dear applicants to the MiM Class of 2022, It is my great pleasure to address you as the new Director of MBA & MiM Admissions and am thrilled to continue serving the IESE community in this role. Back in 2013, I was a motivated business school applicant just like you, looking to grow my global... Read More
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Masters in Finance GMAT/GRE requirements and waiver information [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance GMAT/GRE requirements and waiver information
By Lucky Singh, MiF Recruitment Manager

Are you wondering if you’re eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver for your Masters in Finance (MiF) application? Read our new guidelines below. If you have any questions after reading through, please get in touch with our Recruitment team.

The
GMAT and GRE are one of the ways the Admissions Committee can assess whether
you have the ability to do well on an intensive Masters programme.

It
is important to note that for the MiF programmes, test scores are only one
factor in the overall evaluation of your application – strong scores do not
guarantee you a place, and weaker scores don’t rule you out, especially if
there are other strengths in your application, for example your previous grades
or a professional qualification like the CFA.

The
Admissions Committee has no preference for GMAT or GRE. The choice of test is
up to you.  We accept the online versions
of the tests too.

What
is a good score?

For
GMAT, if your total score is below 600 we generally encourage you to re-sit the
test. A score in the range 600 – 650 is fine if you have significant strengths
elsewhere. A score of 650 or above will strengthen your application, and a
score of 700 and above will strengthen it even further.

For
GRE, we suggest you should be aiming for a quantitative score of 165 and a
verbal score of 155.

You
can apply to the MiF programme before taking a GMAT or GRE test.

Useful
links:

Click here to register to take the GMAT, or try the GMAT test.

Click here to register for the GRE.

Information
on GMAT/GRE waivers for the MiF

We
grant waivers for GMAT/GRE to some of our applicants. To qualify, candidates
will need to exhibit previous academic excellence. GMAT/GRE waiver decisions
are made at the discretion of the MiF Admissions Committee.

A
GMAT/GRE waiver will be granted automatically to all candidates who have passed
CFA Level II at the time of application. You just need to state you have passed
this in your application.

When
the Admissions Committee are considering whether or not to grant a waiver, they
will be looking for strong grades in quantitative subjects in previous
university studies at a top university, and outstanding professional experience
in finance. In addition, professional qualifications (e.g. CFA I or an
accounting qualification) will add weight to the case for a test waiver.

It
is important to note that having insufficient time to prepare for GMAT/GRE (for
example, due to work commitments) is not one of the grounds on which a waiver
will be granted.

So
what does this mean in practice?

You
are welcome to submit your application without a test score. After reviewing
your complete application we will advise you that:

1)
we have decided to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement, OR

2) we have decided to move forward to interview, but our offer may still be
conditional on a strong GMAT/GRE score, OR

3) we have decided to wait for a test score before making a decision to call
you for interview, OR

4) we have decided not to consider you for this intake.

In
all cases the Admissions Committee reserves the right to require a strong score
in GMAT or GRE before confirming a place on the programme.

The
earlier you apply, the more time we will be able to give you to take the test,
if we make a conditional offer. Conversely, if you apply very late in the
cycle, you will have a shorter time frame to meet the test requirement of a
conditional offer, and it will be unlikely that you will be given the option to
re-sit if your first test sitting does not go well.

Can
I ask for a waiver before I apply?

We encourage you to do this.  As a
first step, you should submit your profile for review. If we believe the programme is
a good fit for you, we can then discuss your test options with you.  At this point we will ask for a copy (in
English) of the transcripts from your previous studies.

How
do I apply for a waiver when I submit my application?

All
applications submitted without a GMAT/GRE score or without a waiver already
granted, will be automatically considered for a waiver. There is a question in
the application form where you can make the case for a waiver.

Begin
your application for the MiF Full-time or MiF Part-time programme today. If you
have any questions, please get in touch
with our Recruitment team.

The post Masters in Finance GMAT/GRE requirements and waiver information appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MiM & GMiM
When applying to London Business School it is usually the global
ranking, course and faculty that you will research. What is even more valuable
information is what it is like to study here and be a part of the LBS
community. In a three-part series we meet current Student Ambassadors from our
Early Careers programmes to get their insight on what surprised them the most
about starting at LBS and what their highlights have been so far.

In this installment we speak to our Student Ambassadors from the Masters inManagement (MiM) and GlobalMasters in Management (GMiM) programmes.

Our Student Ambassadors share what
surprised them most about joining London Business School:

Josephine Parquet (MiM 2021):
The openness of each one of us. Every person I have met so far is smart and has a great story to tell. We are all different and come from very different countries and cultures, but we all share the same openness and will to learn new things. There are always activities going on and opportunities to try something new. For example, in my first month I attended my first boxing class, climbed my first wall and, from a professional perspective, learnt more about Tech than I had in the past years. The support between students and relentless positivity truly motivate me to constantly improve myself.

Alice Blanchard (MiM 2021):
I was surprised by the wealth and diversity of career-related events, like the workshops on how to make compelling cover letters or how to shape’s one personal story to a specific position.

Giulia Galvani (GMiM 2021):
What has surprised me the most since joining LBS was discovering how down to earth people in the cohort are. For being a top-ranked business school, LBS has a very collaborative environment, that allows the students to build trust and long-lasting relationships with each other. This friendly vibe not only allows us to make the best of the networking experience that the year at LBS represents but also to enjoy at most a hectic and very busy year.

Despite the challenges that this year has
given our students, meeting and working alongside like-minded and friendly
people has been a highlight for so many of them:

Benjamin Arndt (MiM 2021):
As clichéd as it may sound, the highlight of my experience with LBS so far has been its community. Every day since the day I came to London, I have had the chance to meet new people from all parts of the world with different backgrounds, experiences, stories and interests. From a pilot or former professional basketball player, to an architect with more than 10 years experience, to a girl who grew up in 5 different countries, LBS students are diverse, open-minded, ambitious and motivating. This, coupled with the school’s countless opportunities to engage with this incredible community, whether through sports, interest, regional or professional clubs, makes the school a great place to broaden your horizons, build an international network and discover the world, all from a small place in the heart of London.

Finn Dardis Green (MiM 2021):
The highlight of my LBS experience so far is meeting my cohort. Coming to LBS, I did not expect the degree of friendliness and solidarity my peers have exhibited. Especially during the COVID period, this support has been truly incredible.

Alexandra Tristant (MiM 2021):
The highlight of my LBS experience so far is undoubtedly the human and social part of it.  In less than a month, I have meet so many wonderful people and we have already forged strong ties and meaningful relationships with each other. I knew that the sense of community was very strong at LBS, but I didn’t expect it to be that strong. Certainly the best part of the experience is to enter this community and engage with bright, diverse and enjoyable students. It is really amazing how open-minded people are and how easy it is to engage with everyone. Despite all the restrictions related to Covid-19, we have been able to organise informal meetings and spend great time together.

To learn more about our MiM and GMiM programmes, please visit our website.

You can read more about our student’s experiences on the MAM programme here, and the MFA programme here.

The post Our Early Careers Student Ambassadors tell us about their LBS journey so far: MiM & GMiM appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The Ultimate LBS Guide to the GMAT/GRE and English Language Tests [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: The Ultimate LBS Guide to the GMAT/GRE and English Language Tests
By Alex Hurd, MiM & GMiM Student Recruitment Associate

In this blog post I am going to talk about the entrance exams you
need to sit before you can submit an application to LBS. I will cover all the
burning questions: what score do I need? Is the GMAT better than the GRE? Can I
take it after I submit my application?

The purpose of this article is to answer all the common questions
and clear up any confusion so you can submit the strongest application you
possibly can.  

GMAT or GRE?  

Both exams are viewed equally by the Admissions Committee we have no preference over which exam you choose to sit! More applicants choose to sit the GMAT over the GRE but remember this is completely your choice. It might be worth sitting some mock exams to get an idea which one suits you better?

Test centre or Online?

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are accepting
online versions of the GMAT/GRE if you cannot get into a test centre. We are
aware the online test does not contain the Analytical Writing Assessment Section,
but rest assured you will not be penalised by the Admissions Committee for
choosing the online option. Your overall score is what is most important.

What score will guarantee me a place at LBS?

I am afraid it is not as simple as that. We always
recommend aiming for a score that is close to the current class average of the
programme you apply for (this numbers changes each year).

What are the current class GMAT average scores?

MiM: 681

GMiM: 702

MFA: 690

MAM: 687

*Please remember these are scores to aim for and do
not guarantee a place on any of the programmes.

Can I take the test after I have submitted my
application?

No. You must sit your GMAT or GRE exam before the
deadline you are aiming for.

My Official Score report will arrive after the
deadline – what do I do?

The official score report can take up to 7 days to
be sent to you so we will accept the unofficial score report or some sort of proof
you sat the exam before the deadline. This interim document informs the
Admissions Committee that you took the test before the deadline and that they
should expect your score shortly. A proof could be a screenshot of an email confirming
you sat the test for example.

Can I request a GMAT waiver?

We have withdrawn our GMAT waiver process at the request of the
Admissions Committee therefore all applicants must sit either the GMAT or GRE
exam.

Can I get a GMAT/GRE fee waiver?

These standardised exams are curated by external
companies GMAC (GMAT) and ETS (GRE) so you will need to contact them regarding
any issues or requests. LBS have no control over the costing of the exam.

I have the CFA level1/2 do I need to take the
GMAT/GRE?

If you have a CFA Level 1 or 2 certificate and are
applying for the MFA you will be exempt from sitting the GMAT/GRE. If you are
applying for the MiM, GMiM or the MAM you still need to sit the exam regardless
if you have a CFA certificate.

Is the GMAT/GRE weighted more than other parts of
the application?

There is no guarantee of a place at LBS simply with
a high score as the GMAT/GRE only make up one component of the application and
is equally weighted to other areas. The Admissions Committee make a holistic
assessment of your overall profile taking into consideration: academics,
experience, GMAT/GRE, references and your application essays. Remember it is a
competitive process and the best candidates tend to be fairly strong across all
areas!

Proving your English level.

I studied my undergraduate degree entirely in
English. Do I need to sit a proof of English proficiency exam?

Nope. We only ask that the transcripts you upload in
the application show that the medium was taught in English and this will make
you exempt.

What tests do you accept?

TOEFL – Online home edition accepted – a
recommended score would be around the 110 mark.

IELTS – Online test also accepted – we want to see
a 7.5 overall score.

CPE – Cambridge English Exam.

CAE- Cambridge Advanced Exam.

PTE – Pearson Test of English.

*We do not accept any other tests including
Duolingo etc.

My test is out of date?

You must have taken the test within 2 years of when
you are submitting your application. If yours is out of date you need to provide
an in-date version at the time of application submission.

Can I apply and submit my score at a later date?

It is the same as the GMAT/GRE exams. We need our
applicants to submit their application with all the required documents so the
Admissions Committee can make an informed and well-rounded decision. However, if
you have a good reason why you cannot send it before the deadline. The Admissions
Committee should allow it to arrive a few days after the deadline. Anything
longer than this and you will have to apply in a later round.

There you have it – a detailed breakdown of the
requirements for the entrance exams so please take note and plan accordingly so
you can submit the best application you can. Good luck with your exam
preparation!

The post The Ultimate LBS Guide to the GMAT/GRE and English Language Tests appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is ri [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is right for you
By Charlotte Tait, MiF Student Recruitment Associate

I often get asked by prospective students, should I choose the Masters in Finance (MiF) programme or the MBA? We understand deciding on which programme is most suited to your personal and professional goals can be a difficult decision. The decision is hard as both programmes are designed for experienced professionals in the middle stages of their careers, both have flexible exit points, and both are highly customisable with students having 40 electives to choose from on the MiF and 80 electives to choose from on the MBA. However, deciding on whether to undertake the Master in Finance or MBA really depends on what your future aspirations are post your Masters’ degree.

If you are looking to stay within finance but want
to accelerate your career, or switch to another area within finance, then the
Masters in Finance is definitely the best option. The Masters in Finance allows
you to become a specialist in finance, and helps you develop an extensive
international network within the industry.

The MBA is more focused on developing your leadership
and general management skills. As the MBA is a more general degree it will give
you broader options in the future.

Hear from two of our Student Ambassadors as to why
they chose the Masters in Finance programme. 

Alessio Fabbri, CFA – MiFFT 2021

Although the MiF and MBA programmes at LBS are both world renowned, I believe the MiF was better suited to help me achieve my career aspirations. I was looking to make a career switch within the finance sector, specifically into private equity from valuations, and the MiF’s finance focus was exactly what I needed to sharpen certain skills and broaden my finance knowledge. The customisable characteristic was also important to me, as I am already a CFA Charterholder, therefore I wanted to focus on other financial topics which were not covered in-depth in my previous studies.

Diego Domínguez de Pedro –
MiFFT 2021

Having worked for seven years in the
Project & Structured Finance sector in Mexico, I decided that it was the
right time to accelerate my career by studying a Masters degree at a top
business school but I wasn’t sure if the MBA was the right programme for me.
After doing my research, it became clear that the Masters in Finance programme
at LBS was the best option because it gave me the opportunity not only to
expand my knowledge in finance but also to improve my soft skills through
different management-oriented electives and workshops. In that regard, the MiF
combines the best of both worlds: a very rigorous finance learning experience
with the perfect environment to build your leadership and communication skills.
Lastly, the Masters in Finance enabled me to build a network comprising of the
most talented individuals in the financial sector across the world, something
that I’m sure will become invaluable as I continue my career in finance.

If you are considering the Masters in Finance programme, or unsure about which programme is right for you, please submit your profile for review here.

We will review your profile and provide you
with personalised feedback on your fit for our programmes.

You can also reach out to our MiF and MBA student ambassadors here to learn more about the programmes and student experience.

The post The Masters in Finance or the MBA? How to decide which programme is right for you appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
November Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: November Recruitment Events
Considering applying to one of our programmes? Interested in finding out more about the LBS experience? We have a whole host of events this month, all happening virtually, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

The locations mentioned below are to inform on time zones rather than where they will physically be held.

UKDateEarly Career Programmes: The Student Perspective03/11/2020Submitting a Strong Application for the Leadership Programmes04/11/2020MBA Overview06/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: What is the different between a Masters In Management, MBA and Executive MBA?09/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team10/11/2020Private Debt: Fundraising, Investment and Risk in a COVID Environment11/11/2020Executive Assessment 10112/11/2020MBA Overview13/11/2020Women and The Masters Programme13/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: Why consider post-graduate business education16/11/2020Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective17/11/2020Q&A with the Masters in Finance Recruitment & Admissions Team17/11/2020Executive MBA Second Year Programme Overview17/11/2020MBA Overview20/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: The value in business school education – is it worth the investment?23/11/2020Masters in Finance Alumni Series: In conversation with Women in Finance24/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team24/11/2020Masters in Analytics and Management Information Session with the Career Centre25/11/2020MBA Overview27/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: How to fund your investment in business school30/11/2020USA and CanadaIn collaboration with Manhattan Prep: Fostering Inclusivity and Diversity in Education11/11/2020EuropePremier Executive MBA Switzerland10/11/2020Premier Executive MBA Austria24/11/2020Middle EastQS Virtual Connect Masters: Lebanon04/11/2020

You can view all events here.

For any enquiries regarding upcoming events please contact mastersevents@london.edu.

The post November Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
November Recruitment Events [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: November Recruitment Events
Considering applying to one of our programmes? Interested in finding out more about the LBS experience? We have a whole host of events this month, all happening virtually, to give you some insight into studying at London Business School.

The locations mentioned below are to inform on time zones rather than where they will physically be held.

UKDateEarly Career Programmes: The Student Perspective03/11/2020Submitting a Strong Application for the Leadership Programmes04/11/2020MBA Overview06/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: What is the different between a Masters In Management, MBA and Executive MBA?09/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team10/11/2020Private Debt: Fundraising, Investment and Risk in a COVID Environment11/11/2020Executive Assessment 10112/11/2020MBA Overview13/11/2020Women and The Masters Programme13/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: Why consider post-graduate business education16/11/2020Early Career Programmes: The Student Perspective17/11/2020Q&A with the Masters in Finance Recruitment & Admissions Team17/11/2020Executive MBA Second Year Programme Overview17/11/2020MBA Overview20/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: The value in business school education – is it worth the investment?23/11/2020Masters in Finance Alumni Series: In conversation with Women in Finance24/11/2020Q&A with the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team24/11/2020Masters in Analytics and Management Information Session with the Career Centre25/11/2020MBA Overview27/11/2020An Introduction to Business Education: How to fund your investment in business school30/11/2020USA and CanadaIn collaboration with Manhattan Prep: Fostering Inclusivity and Diversity in Education11/11/2020EuropePremier Executive MBA Switzerland10/11/2020Premier Executive MBA Austria24/11/2020Middle EastQS Virtual Connect Masters: Lebanon04/11/2020

You can view all events here.

For any enquiries regarding upcoming events please contact mastersevents@london.edu.

The post November Recruitment Events appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes
As we approach the next application deadline, we
wanted to share some tips on how to best position yourself to submit a strong
application.

Plan, Research, Connect, Submit

Your first step is to gain a thorough understanding
of your preferred Masters programme. You can develop this by:

• visiting
    our website
  • download
    the brochure
  • get
    in-depth understanding of our faculty
    by researching their profiles
  • read
    the our Student and Admissions blogs
  • connect
    with our [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Analytics%20and%20Management,Masters%20in%20Financial%20Analysis,Masters%20in%20Management]]StudentAmbassadors & Alumni[/url] who are always happy to share
    their LBS journey.

Your next step is to attend the [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/events-for-prospective-students#sort=%40eventstarts%20ascending&f:programme=[MAM,MFA,MIM]]events[/url]
we host on a regular basis. The information
gained here will help you understand the School, the programme and the LBS
culture, it’ll also give you the opportunity to ask any questions you have.

If you are interested in the MAM or MFA programmes
you can also follow this by submitting your profile to us, the student
recruitment team. The team offer guidance on your profile and offer a 1:1
consultation where we establish our mutual relationship and greater
understanding of the application process.

Your application

Essay – Convey your
passion, motivations and drive for studying your chosen programme at LBS. Tell
us how the LBS learning and being part of this diverse, global community will develop
you to achieve your ambitions and career goals. Be honest, be enthusiastic, be
confident. Show us your personality.

GMAT/GRE – We do not have a
preference between the two. My advice is to secure a GMAT of 690+ or a GRE with
160 in both sections. View this as a longer-term investment and not just as
entry into the Business School.

References – 2 academic or 1
academic and 1 professional. We reach out to them and secure your references. Ensure
they understand your vision for this programme.

Academic Transcripts
These should be in English.

You’re ready to submit.  Ensure you submit everything together so the
Admissions team can complete the full review and move forward. We have 5
application deadlines for our September 2021 intake. My advice is to submit
early if possible as competition remains high at all times.

For more detailed information, you can watch our
recent webinar.

The dynamic culture and economy of London are at the heart of the LBS experience, and remember that global is not just a word, it’s the culture.

Good luck with your application!

The post Submitting a strong application for the Early Careers programmes appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Masters in Finance: Career Impact [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance: Career Impact
Considering our Masters in Finance (MiF) programme starting in 2021? 

Read on to find out about the outstanding career impact the
MiF programme has on our students and their professional career journeys. Our
recent MiF graduates tell their personal stories, and share how by partnering
with the Career Centre they were able to pursue the right career paths for
them.

MiF Full-time 2019 Employment Report

Demand for our MiF graduates remains strong despite Brexit uncertainty throughout 2019 and the impact of coronavirus in early 2020. 88% of students in the 2019 full-time class accepted jobs within three months of graduating. Most (80%) went into the financial sector, typically joining banks and asset management firms.

Our experienced pool of graduates secured roles across the
world. Almost half of the 2019 class (46%) remained in the UK to work following
graduation, with a further 8% choosing to work across Europe. The remaining 46%
of graduates took up roles globally, across Asia, Latin America, the Middle
East, Africa and North America. We had an amazing 99% reporting rate.

Employers who hired from the MiF 2019 class include Alliance
Bernstein, Citi, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Pimco.

MiF students gain a rigorous understanding of finance and
develop the skills to achieve their career goals. Our students benefit from
additional practitioner modules, digital skills and topical electives, giving
them the expertise to thrive in London-based roles or positions elsewhere. Additionally,
the Career Centre helps you proactively manage your career and further develop
career skills that will support you throughout your professional career.

Lynette Robinson, MiF FT 2020, currently working at
Capstone Headwaters in investment banking, reveals:

Himanshu Arora, MiF FT 2020, currently working at Amazon
in operations finance, shares:

To learn more about our Career Centre and the career impact of the MiF, download our employment report.

Unsure about your eligibility for the Masters in Finance programme? Submit your profile for review and the Recruitment team will provide you with tailored feedback on your fit for the programme.

The post Masters in Finance: Career Impact appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips
By Lucky Singh, MiF Recruitment Manager

Applications
for the Masters in Finance (MiF) Full-time and
Part-time programmes starting in August 2021 are open!

As
we are nearing our third round deadline which is Tuesday 5th
January, we wanted to provide you with useful information to help guide you
through the application process.

The
most important thing before starting your application is to do your research.
Get a thorough understanding of the MiF by visiting our website and downloading our brochure. Learn more about the student
body and career impact by downloading our class directory and employment report. Develop your awareness of the MiF student
experience by speaking to our current students, student ambassadors and alumni. Have your
questions answered live during one of our many events.

We
in the MiF Recruitment Team are here to support you across the research and
applying stages.  You can email us with
any of your questions at mif@london.edu. You can submit your profile for review, and we will
informally assess your eligibility for the programme. We also host one-to-one
consultations, where we answer your questions and provide you with tailored
application support.

Once
you have completed your research, the next step is to start your application. You will be required to fill
out our online application form, which includes submitting; a GMAT or GRE
score, two essay questions, a one page CV, your academic transcripts and two
professional references.

Applications are reviewed holistically,
therefore all aspects of your application are measured equally by the MiF
Admissions Committee.

Below is an explanation of the individual
application requirements in more detail.

GMAT/GRE

So we can assess your quantitative ability
to ensure you can keep up with the rigour of the programme, we require a GMAT
or GRE score. We have no preference between GMAT or GRE. A strong GMAT score is
650 or above, and for GRE we look for around 160 in the quantitative section,
and 155 in the verbal section. You can also submit your application in advance
of GMAT or GRE as we do make conditional offers.

For
a small number of candidates, we waive the GMAT/GRE requirement. If you have
CFA L2 then you will automatically receive a GMAT/GRE waiver.  We also
grant GMAT/GRE waivers to candidates with strong grades at undergraduate and
postgraduate level, especially those who have studied quantitative subjects,
and who have outstanding professional finance work experience. Professional
qualifications like CFA Level I, FRM, CPA and ACCA will increase your chances
of getting a waiver. To apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, please share your CV and
your undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts with us at mif@london.edu.

Two essay questions

Our two essay questions are focused on why
you are interested in studying the Masters in Finance at LBS, and how will you
will contribute to our community. Remember, there is no right or wrong answer.
Use the essays to tell us your story, and to highlight your personality.
Demonstrate your leadership potential, your global mind-set, and showcase your
academic capabilities.

CV and transcripts

You
must include a one page CV in our recommended CV template and your
academic transcripts. We require transcripts from your undergraduate and any
postgraduate degrees. If your transcripts are not in English, they will need to
be translated.

References

We require two references from you, and
these should ideally be professional i.e. by someone you have worked with and
who knows you very well. The seniority of your referee does not matter as much
as the quality of your reference. Please note that these need to be submitted
before we can start reviewing your application. You should give your referees
sufficient time to prepare and submit the reference, and spend time explaining
your motivations to them, so that they can complete the reference thoroughly.

Once
you have submitted your application, the Admissions team will inform you about
whether you have been selected for interview. This is conducted by our Alumni.
For more information regarding the interview stage, take a look at our blog here.  

If
you require any further information, please contact us at mif@london.edu.

We
wish you the best of luck with your application!

The post Masters in Finance: Application hints and tips appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors
By Lucy Palin, MiF Admissions Manager

Part of my role at London Business School is to manage the
Student Ambassador programme. I love the opportunity it gives me to really get
to know students from all finance backgrounds and to work with them to promote
LBS and more specifically the Mastersin Finance (MiF). Ambassadors are key contributors to the awareness of such
a unique and diverse programme.

The Student Ambassadors are current students on the MiF programme and so are a fantastic resource for you to find out more about the MiF experience. Students are able to tailor the MiF to suit their career goals and by reaching out to an Ambassador with similar career goals, you can start to plan your journey from an early stage. For example, those of you who are potentially targeting Investing roles post-graduation should think about pursuing the extremely popular ‘Value Investing’ elective.

They are also highly active on campus with many of them
taking on Executive Committee positions within student clubs; from the PE/VC
Club through to Black in Business. So you can ask them about all walks of LBS
life! The more research you do prior to studying at LBS the more you will be
able to make the most of opportunities available to you on the MiF from
electives through to clubs and networking opportunities.

I encourage everyone to reach out to at least one Student
Ambassador when applying to the MiF. Not only will this give you a better
understanding of the programme but it also demonstrates to us, the MiF
Admissions Team, that you are proactive and well researched. If you need any more
encouragement to speak with an Ambassador, they have also all been through our
admissions process, they can inform you as to what to expect and hopefully give
you some useful tips on how to submit your strongest application. They have
been interviewed by one of our alumni and can share their own admission
experience.

I can wholeheartedly say that working with our Student Ambassadors is a highlight of what I do at LBS. Getting to know, and work with so many bright minds from all over the world is a privilege and it never ends there. I continue to work with our alumni daily and have some lifelong friends with previous ambassadors.

So, connect with them [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Finance%20full%20time,Masters%20in%20Finance%20part%20time]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]]here![/url]

The post Welcoming our new MiF Ambassadors appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors
By Elizabeth Taiwo, Recruitment and Admissions Officer – Early Career Programmes

Whilst every
student is a representative of the School and you’re more than welcome to get
in contact with them, we have a core team of carefully selected student
ambassadors currently studying across our portfolio of Early Career Programmes (MiMGlobal MiMMAM and MFA).

As a team of 47
students, representing 24 nationalities and coming from a wide variety of
academic and professional backgrounds, our student ambassadors are a true
reflection of our diverse community.

Already two months into their studies, they are
perfectly positioned to advise you on the student experience here at LBS,
whilst still remembering exactly how they felt when they were in your shoes:
submitting applications for business schools, tackling the world of
standardised tests and perhaps looking for some guidance during this journey.

Being able to interact with current students is an
invaluable resource: not only does it give you the opportunity to deepen your
understanding of the LBS community and your programme of interest, but you can
then use these takeaways to strengthen your application essays. One of the
areas that the Admissions Committee will assess when reviewing your application
is the level of research you have undertaken and how informed you are, so
having meaningful conversations with our ambassadors is an excellent place to
start.

However, we know that deciding whether this is the right place for you is an ongoing process that does not stop with choosing to apply to LBS. This is something that needs to be considered if you are invited for interview and made an offer. It is important to know who we are as a community and assess whether you can see yourself as a student or future alumnus. To do so, you can speak to our ambassadors at any stage of your decision-making process.

So, here are just a few ways in which you can
engage with our student ambassadors:

• Join us for a Student
    Perspective
    : centred on the student experience, you will be
    able to talk to a group of ambassadors and ask questions around their
    application experience, why they chose LBS and even discuss post-programme
    career goals
  • Email/LinkedIn: our ambassadors are more than happy to connect with you outside of
    events (and LinkedIn is a great way to expand your network)
  • Blog posts: the ambassadors will write about their experiences on the programme
    throughout the year and you can reach out to them if you have any follow-up
    questions
  • Coffee chats: let them know if you want to sit down for an informal, one-to-one
    conversation

Our ambassadors are keen to support you and share their experiences – explore their profiles to get started!

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Financial%20Analysis]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Global%20Masters%20in%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors#sort=%40profilesurname%20ascending&f:programme=[Masters%20in%20Analytics%20and%20Management]&f:profiletype=[Ambassadors]][/url]

You can also look at profiles for seven of our MiM and MAM Class of 2020 students who are currently doing the optional fourth term. Feel free to reach out to them if you have any questions about choosing the fourth term or to hear about their experience completing the core 12-month programme.

MiM: William Abihanna, Ji Cui, Rhea Patel, Aakash Shah, Keshav Lohia and Nishtha Saritay Agrawal
MAM: Hanah Azar

The post Meet our Early Careers Student Ambassadors appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team
By Malak Hammoud, Recruitment Manager – MiM, GMiM, MFA

When considering a Master’s degree we understand that you need the right support and guidance to navigate through all the options and requirements to make sure you’re making the best decision for your future. Our Early Career programmes portfolio are aimed at fresh grads looking to launch their business career and thrive in a competitive jobs market. You might ask yourself what’s different about these programmes or what programme is right for me? This is where the Recruitment & Admissions team at LBS can lend you a helping hand.

We can help you through all the stages leading up till you become an LBS student. From programme content, LBS life, application requirements and personalised consultation – we’re here to help every step of the way. You can find all the information you need to submit a strong application with our help. Let me introduce you to the individuals that you may meet along your journey.  

Student Recruitment Associates

Alex Hurd MiM & GMiM Student Recruitment Associate (mim@london.edu)

“Hello, I have been working at LBS in the recruitment team for over a year now. I have really enjoyed meeting some of you in person at our events and now virtually over Zoom consultations. I’m originally from the Cornish seaside but feel like a city convert now as I have been in London 10 years! Outside of LBS I am a massive music fan who plays drums and you can always catch me at a gig somewhere”.

Callum Charman – MFA Student Recruitment Associate (mfa@london.edu)

“Hello! I’ve been recruiting for the MFA programme for a year and a half as a Recruitment Associate. I enjoy hosting regular events on campus (from home recently!) for prospective students. Please feel free to reach out with any questions about the programme and admissions process. Away from LBS, I enjoy live music and keeping fit”.

Maria Busz – MAM Student Recruitment Associate (mam@london.edu)

“I moved to London just over three years ago and I’ve been a part of the MAM recruitment team for almost two years. My favourite bit about the job is hosting international events to give you, the candidates, a better idea of what to expect at LBS! In my spare time I enjoy yoga and travelling”.

According to which programme you are interested in you will be met with a friendly hello from your relevant programmes associate. Our associates will most likely be your first point of contact during the research phase. They are here to answer all of your queries – all of them! They offer personalised feedback and assess your fit for the programme when you submit your CV for a review. Book a one to one consultation with the team for useful material and advise to support you in submitting your application. They can also link you with our student ambassadors for you to get to know and connect with. Email them today, don’t be shy!

Student Recruitment Managers

Malak Hammoud – MiM & GMiM Student Recruitment Manager

That’s me! I’ve been recruiting for LBS for just over 2 years. I started as the MiM & GMiM recruitment associate and now the programmes recruitment manager and I’m enjoying every second of it.  My favourite part about the job is travelling the world and meeting you guys in your cities and seeing you through the journey until you become students. It’s super rewarding seeing applicants accomplish their dreams and become part of LBS. I’m originally from Lebanon, born in Africa, and was raised in London so you can say I’ve been exposed to a lot of amazing cultures.  I enjoy dancing and I would say I’m a real pizza enthusiast!

Hema Solanki – MFA & MAM Student Recruitment Manager

“I started my LBS journey in 2015 within Executive Education before transitioning to the Recruitment team in 2018. Initially working on the Leadership Programmes, which was thoroughly exciting as building relationships through consultative sales with the middle to senior managers kept me on my toes. Recruiting students onto the Early Careers Masters programmes is equally rewarding. I’m an Indian, born in Kenya, and began my career working in Investment Banking in London with 6 years as an expat in Hong Kong. I love the flavours of my Indian cuisine with Thai and Japanese hot on the heels. Federer & MS Dhoni are my sporting heroes!”

Along with the recruitment associates myself and Hema are responsible for providing you all with all the information and support you need to submit a strong application. We do this through one to one consultations, hosting various [url=https://www.london.edu/events/calendar#sort=%40eventstarts%20ascending&f:programme=[MAM,MFA,MIM]]events[/url] that support your research when choosing the right programme. You will find us at career and university fairs answering questions related to our programme content, LBS life, employment opportunities and our student and admissions blog.

Operations
Team

Victoria
Poon – Recruitment and Admissions Manger

“As Recruitment and Admissions Manager
looking after operations, my role is to ensure that you have a
seamless journey throughout the admissions process and all the
work that goes on behind the scenes for the Admissions Team! This includes
processing your complete application, informing you of your
admissions decision and providing you support until you become a
student at LBS.  

Alongside my excellent colleagues Elizabeth Taiwo and Savana Davis, you’ll most likely
hear from us via email and over the phone and we
are here to guide you from the moment you click submit!  

Elizabeth looks after applications
for the Masters in Management (MiM) and Global MiM.  

Savana looks after applications for
the Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA) and Masters in Analytics and
Management (MAM)”.

Alexandra
Salter – Senior Recruitment and Admissions Manger

“My name is Alexandra Salter and as the
Senior Recruitment and Admissions Manager for Early
Career Programmes, I lead the team on executing our deadlines,
our strategies, partnerships, and Scholarships. I oversee the
Recruitment and Admissions Managers also, who will be your primary point
of contact through your admissions journey. I am a dual national British/Irish
citizen, I am a born and bred Londoner and have worked at LBS since 2011 –
it is truly an amazing place to be and I hope you will get to experience that
too”.  

Admissions
Managers

There are four Recruitment and
Admissions Managers who will be an instrumental part of your selection process.
Firstly, Hami Dodangeh, Hami
oversees the UK and Europe (excluding Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Russia &
Turkey). Hami is Swedish, has a degree in Social Science and enjoys following
Politics, current affairs, Football and Tennis.  

Dimitra Kouli, Dimitra manages the other parts of
Europe that Hami does not, as well as the Americas, Africa &
the Middle East. Dimitra is from Greece and she moved to
London two years ago. She appreciates good coffee, the sunny
days and getting together with friends. London is a great city with lots of
opportunities to explore, see and taste. 

Xiaoya Zhang, Xiaoya manages the
region of East Asia and is herself from China. Xiaoya is a keen
baker who holds a Diplôme de Pâtisserie from Le Cordon Bleu
Paris and is also interested in drawing. She moved to UK in 2011 and obtained
an MPhil in Politics, Development and Democratic Education from the University
of Cambridge. 

Yoon Kim, Yoon manages South and South-East Asia and
Australasia and is himself from South Korea. Currently
London based, he has also studied and lived in Mainland China, Taiwan, and
Australia and has travelled to over 20 countries. London
is definitely one of his favourite cities
and would be very proud to welcome you to this dynamic city. 

Stephanie Kernwein ThraneRecruitment and Admissions Director

My name is Stephanie Kernwein Thrane and I am the Recruitment and Admissions Director for the Early Career programmes. My role oversees the entire recruitment pipeline and admissions process including final decision outcomes alongside the Admissions Committee. I have the privilege to work alongside my brilliant colleagues in the Early Careers team who through their tenure at LBS and in Higher Education provide great service to all of our candidates. My team, the staff and faculty at LBS as well as our students and alumni are an amazingly diverse group of individuals who make up the truly global network of the School. I myself am born and raised in Denmark and have studied in the UK and US and spent the last 10 years in my all-time favorite city, London”

Start your LBS journey and we are all here to support you!

The post Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team appeared first on Student and Admissions Blog - London Business School.
GMAT Club Bot
Meet the Early Career Recruitment & Admissions Team [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts