Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
PDwivedi21 wrote:
Hi Team,

I hope you are well in these unprecedented times.

Can you please review my profile for Executive MBA course? Sharing the profile in detail for different sections. Please find below.

DEMOGRAPHICS
- Indian
- 28 yrs

EDUCATION

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BHU) | B.Tech. | Civil Engineering | Distinction, GPA 4.0 | Varanasi, India | 06/11 – 05/15
- Founder, Ad Cloud 360 | Social media advertising firm
- International finalists (Top 10/2000 teams) in Google Online Marketing Challenge 2013
- Sponsorship Head, Technex 2014 | IITBHU’s Annual Science & Technology Fest with a footfall of over 10K
- Other
• Selected from 10K+ applicants for JY 2013, a 15-day entrepreneurial journey across India, backed by Google for Entrepreneurs, Coca Cola and Rolls Royce to learn from various successful firms such as Mindtree, Flipkart, Goonj, Barefoot college etc. in technology, agriculture and more

EXPERIENCE - Total of 66 months till date

RECKITT BENCKISER INDIA PVT. LTD. | (Consumer goods producer of health, hygiene and home products) | Gurugram, India | 07/18 - Present
Product Manager | Measurement & Analytics Lead, Europe | 07/20 - Present
Key achievements

• Earned accelerated promotion from Sr. Business Analyst in 2020 and Data Scientist in 2019 against the company avg. of 2 yr for one promotion.
• Received highest performance evaluation (Top 1%) in 2020 and awarded “Strive for Excellence” award in Q3’2020
Results
• Saved over XXX media spend & generated XXX incremental net revenue in YEAR in 5 countries by measuring sales effectiveness across audiences & creatives and applying media learnings as regular business working in a cross functional team of XXX
• Country teams globally launched XXX A/B tests on digital media channels in 15 markets, covering XXX of global digital media investment, with overall ROI of XXX in YEAR as XX+ people from marketing, brand, media and consumer insights teams were trained on the utilization of product
• Reduced operating costs by over XXX and decreased turnaround time of sales effectiveness measurement of digital campaigns for XXX brands and XXX sub-brands by a big margin, from XXX to XXX months to XXX weeks, for Ecommerce team of country without compromising on quality and accuracy
• Optimized the cost by XXX by expanding the automated data acquisition capability for 4 countries
• Delivered XXX sub products under product in XXX months to support the measurement in the project intended to save XXX media spend and generate globally an incremental net revenue of XXX by year
Capability development | Automation of machine learning models
• Conceived the strategy, led the creation and headed the development team, managing XXX data scientists and XXX data engineers
• Trained a team of XXX data scientists from 7 countries on the capability
• Valued impact of the capability and presented a business case to senior management to assess the competitive effects versus manual capability
Cross functional collaborations
• Improved turnover time of sales effectiveness measurement from XXX months to XXX weeks for each of the XXX campaigns in 2 countries
o Implemented product on Google cloud working in a cross-functional team of XXX (design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams)
• Collaborate with data science, engineering, marketing & brand teams to identify & deliver new product solutions & enhance existing portfolio
Key account management
• Handle business projects across 6 countries working along-side Marketing director, media managers and brand managers
• Prepare, evaluate and summarize monthly learnings and plan reports for EVP & Area Director, Europe & SVP, Global business solutions

AXTRIA INDIA PVT. LTD. | (Management consulting firm specializing in marketing and sales force strategy) | Gurugram, India | 07/15 – 07/18
Senior Business Analyst | 04/17 – 07/18
Key achievements

• Earned accelerated promotion from Business Analyst in 2017 and Associate in 2016 against the company wide avg. of 2 yr for one promotion
Major consulting engagements
• Reduced client’s cost per rep by XXX (from €XXX to €XXX /month) for XXX sales reps in Europe for a global biopharma client ($5B in revenue)
o Instituted and formalized an optimization process to do multi-channel calls against single channel calls used previously
o Implemented SaaS projects on salesforce CRM working in a cross-functional team of XXX (development, business, and testing teams)
• Global healthcare solutions company ($30B in revenue) did a successful $XXXmillion acquisition of a point of care US marketing company
o Spearheaded the financial analysis to value the marketing company, leading a team of XXX business analyst and XXX associates
Product engagements
• Created predictive models and deployed as a software to assess financial impact of drug tier changes in policy for a US client ($2B in revenue)
o Worked in a team of XXX (design, business intelligence and analytics)
• Implemented final territory alignment software to create alternatives for geo deployment of sales force for a leading US pharmaceutical firm
Firm initiatives
• Served as a Professional development manager for two Associates
• Headed recruiting efforts at XXXXX for the Associate position
• Led a team of 15-members of Employee Welfare Club to conduct Axtria Premier League, a cricket tournament, for 3 consecutive years

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Captain of the Axtria Cricket Team (team of 15) for 2 years (04/16-05/18) and led to win multiple inter corporate tournaments.
• Working and traveling experience in Europe and Asia
• Entrepreneurship: Founded Suns Out Burns Out (https://www.sunsoutburnsout.com) in July’20 to provide morning online fitness workouts in groups. 300+ hours of sessions have been conducted till date and 15+ people have been benefitted from the sessions
• Avid marathoner (finished 10 till date). Finished Half Ironman and Olympic distance triathlon

GMAT Online : 650 (Q49, V29, IR 7)

Additional questions:

1. Can you please also suggest some scholarships which will be suitable for my profile?

I will be highly obliged to you for your help here.

Thanks in advance!
Pushpendra

Pushpendra hi

My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (and an LBS alumnus)

Thanks for sharing your very detailed profile and MBA aspirations
(by the way, you mentioned “Executive MBA” in your question – EMBA is a part-time degree for more experienced candidates, hence not relevant for you. You are aiming for a full-time MBA)

I will keep it short and say - you have a great profile (academics, work experience, and extracurricular activities are all great!) but low GMAT.

Your chances of getting accepted to LBS MBA program (average GMAT is ~710) or any other top school at LBS’s caliber are slim. Your chances for a scholarship? You get the picture…

What should you do?
Aim for a higher GMAT. You have time. applications for 2022 start in September. Round two is a year away. And if you can’t improve the GMAT, go for lower-ranked schools.

Sorry to be blunt and short. But honesty is the best policy…

You really do have a solid profile! But as you know, you come from an over-represented candidate pool, you will need a higher GMAT to be considered to LBS or other top top schools.

Happy to help further as always I am on Shimriw@ARINGO.com
But for now, GMAT GMAT GMAT (or rethinking your school list)

GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All,

I received an e-mail from London Business School through GMASS tool from GMAT official site, I have not taken GMAT yet but registered for the test in coming august and have started my preparation two weeks ago.Can somebody tell me what does it imply? does it indicate that they found my profile suitable even without a GMAT score or its just a marketing email which they send to everyone.And also, Can someone evaluate my profile for admission to MBA in General Management at LBS without having a GMAT score in hand?

Undergraduate degree :- BE(Hons) in Computing Science( from Staffordshire University UK, it's full time degree in partnership to an Indian Engineering college), Second class First division( equivalent to 3.7 GPA as per online GPA conversion tool).

Professional Experience :-
6 months Internship experience from IIT( Research & Development project)
1.5 year experience in International Voice Process(Worked for British Telecom, Handled Customers from UK)
6+ years of experience in Large IT company as a Software Engineer (Currently working as Accenture as Senior Software Developer )
International exposure :- Worked in a global team spread across geographies.

Hobbies :-
Singing,Dancing,,Acting

Extra Curricular :-
Core team member of official dance group at HCL Technologies that fared well in dance competitions.

Volunteer/Community work :-
Member of NSS(National Service Scheme) at College- (actively participated in poor child computer literacy initiative,Tree plantation etc)

Leadership :-
In my current role at Accenture, i have demonstrated skills like taking ownership, leading my team to finish a critical task end to end.
In College, lead a team of 3 members to build a prototype of Online Voting app for the IBM The great mind challenge contest, and received Blue scholar certificate as a team.

Considering above details with a decent GMAT score(which i will be getting in few months), what are my changes of getting in LBS and other such top B schools across geographies.

And, What should be my response to email( should i reply back to recruitment team of LBS or just wait for my GMAT score before replying or initiating application)

Post MBA Goals :-

Short term goal:-to attain mid level leadership position in a Big IT Product/Service giant(Product manger) right after MBA,and ultimately getting promoted to senior leadership position when eligible.

Long term goal:-Starting my own venture,with experience gained in technology and management over the years.

Thanks.

Originally posted by deep62kr on 06 Feb 2021, 21:48.
Last edited by deep62kr on 07 Feb 2021, 03:04, edited 4 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Hello deep62kr,
The email is part of the marketing efforts of LBS.
With 7.5 years of experience, you will have to have direct leadership/managerial experience, other than demonstrating your leadership experience in projects.
I don’t have any sense of your recent volunteering efforts from your description. I also don’t get a sense of your post-MBA goals from here.
At the moment, you can focus on getting a decent GMAT score to strengthen your chances at LBS.

deep62kr wrote:
Hi All,

I received an e-mail from London Business School through GMASS tool from GMAT official site, I have not taken GMAT yet but registered for the test in coming august and have started my preparation two weeks ago.Can somebody tell me what does it imply? does it indicate that they found my profile suitable even without a GMAT score or its just a marketing email which they send to everyone,Do i nee.And also, Can someone evaluate my profile for admission to MBA in General Management at LBS without having a GMAT score in hand?

Undergraduate degree :- BE(Hons) in Computing Science( from Staffordshire University UK, it's full time degree in partnership to an Indian Engineering college), Second class First division( equivalent to 3.7 GPA as per online GPA conversion tool).

Professional Experience :-
6 months Internship experience from IIT( Research & Development project)
1.5 year experience in International Voice Process(Worked for British Telecom, Handled Customers from UK)
6+ years of experience in Large IT company as a Software Engineer (Currently working as Accenture as Senior Software Developer )
International exposure :- Worked in a global team spread across geographies.

Hobbies :-
Singing,Dancing,,Acting

Extra Curricular :-
Core team member of official dance group at HCL Technologies that fared well in dance competitions.

Volunteer/Community work :-
Member of NSS(National Service Scheme) at College- (actively participated in poor child computer literacy initiative,Tree plantation etc)

Leadership :-
In my current role at Accenture, i have demonstrated skills like taking ownership, leading my team to finish a critical task end to end.
In College, lead a team of 3 members to build a prototype of Online Voting app for the IBM The great mind challenge contest, and received Blue scholar certificate as a team.

Considering above details with a decent GMAT score(which i will be getting in few months), what are my changes of getting in LBS and other such top B schools across geographies.

And, What should be my response to email( should i reply back to recruitment team of LBS or just wait for my GMAT score before replying or initiating application)

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have some volunteer experience within company like organizing team outings, cultural events,etc,i missed to mention those here.

And i am expecting to get promoted in November 2021 at Techinical lead position.

Also,

My Post MBA Goals :-

Short term goal:-to attain mid level leadership position in a Big IT Product/Service giant(Product manger) right after MBA,and ultimately getting promoted to senior leadership position when eligible.

Long term goal:-Starting my own venture,with experience gained in technology and management over the years.

Will the above details be of some help in strengthening my profile along with focusing on GMAT score which you mentioned ??

And how much score in GMAT should i target considering my profile to get into one of the elite B Schools.

Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
deep62kr

I have moved your topic to the LBS profile evaluation forum. Also, did you try the WAMC tool? You can find it at the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 09854.html
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi deep62kr,

Thank you for sharing your profile and I will try to address each of your concern in the best way possible.

Your profile looks great with good undergrad GPA and extracurricular experiences. From the details you have provided on the professional experience, I can see some really good elements in your profile, say, a good career trajectory, some considerable leadership experiences, working with big names (which will amplify your impact) and some good international exposure. If narrated cogently, you can make a mark here!

Also, I can some pretty interesting ECs, especially, that you still pursue your hobbies like dancing. As far as your post-MBA Goals are concerned, they make sense for this career trajectory of yours and I would need more clarity as to why PM and what venture you're thinking in long-term. This will help me determine not only your chances but your fit as well to LBS.

Overall, I see a good profile but missing impact. Would like to hear more about your story and experiences to gauge it. Also, a 700+ score is always a safe cushion for an Indian engineer to compete for LBS. For other suggestions, NYU, Tepper and Haas (reach school) can be some option you may consider in US and INSEAD in Europe.

If you'd like, I'm happy to hop on a call some time this week to discuss your chances in detail and help you address your hiccups better. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

deep62kr wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have some volunteer experience within company like organizing team outings, cultural events,etc,i missed to mention those here.

And i am expecting to get promoted in November 2021 at Techinical lead position.

Also,

My Post MBA Goals :-

Short term goal:-to attain mid level leadership position in a Big IT Product/Service giant(Product manager) right after MBA,and ultimately getting promoted to senior leadership position when eligible.

Will the above details be of some help in strengthening my profile along with focusing on GMAT score which you mentioned ??

And how much score in GMAT should i target considering my profile to get into one of the elite B Schools.

Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi Folks, would you please mind evaluating another profile? Will keep it short-

1) Demographics
Male, Indian, 29 years at the time of application

2) Work ex
Vice Prez at top 3 Bulge bracket IB. Firm is a regular feeder and hires from M7, LBS, INSEAD. 6 years experience (at the time of application) most recent being in front office role, grew from the ranks. Fast track promotion path.
Internships- same I Bank + 2 months with the government + 2 months at a manufacturing plant + 2 months at boutique I Bank
Mentor for few new hires

3) GMAT - 720

4) Undergrad
Tier 1 grad school, but grades are just above class average

5) Recos
MDs at firm

6) Extra curriculars/ Volunteering
Yoga club & tree plantation drives during lockdown, some minor community work, electronic hobbyist, taught a few kids for competitive exams, nascent startup (but nothing significant to show)

7) Unique case
Candidate with disability

MBA/Post MBA Goals: exposure, network. Return back to the firm/similar in a junior leadership role. Also open to an alternate career path

Target colleges- top 3 European schools.
Send PM
Expert Reply
cryptex wrote:

1) Demographics

2) Work ex
Vice Prez at top 3 Bulge bracket IB. Firm is a regular feeder and hires from M7, LBS, INSEAD. 6 years experience (at the time of application) most recent being in front office role, grew from the ranks. Fast track promotion path.
Internships- same I Bank + 2 months with the government + 2 months at a manufacturing plant + 2 months at boutique I Bank
Mentor for few new hires

3) GMAT - 720

4) Undergrad

5) Recos
MDs at firm

Yoga club & tree plantation drives during lockdown, some minor community work, electronic hobbyist, taught a few kids for competitive exams, nascent startup (but nothing significant to show)

7) Unique case

MBA/Post MBA Goals: exposure, network. Return back to the firm/similar in a junior leadership role. Also open to an alternate career path

Hi cryptex

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (and am a London Business School alumnus)

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Work Experience –WOW – very impressive and your fast-track promotions are incredible in such a competitive organization! Internships seem incredible too! well done. I am wondering if the position you are now in, as VP, is already MBA-level? Be careful not to seem too senior for the schools! So, your advantage doesn’t turn to be a disadvantage)

Academics and GMAT – BA fine (but interested to know your place in the class?) and GMAT seems to be a bit higher than the school average. In your case, 720 might be borderline for the top M7 US schools but hopefully ok for LBS and other schools you are applying to

Extracurricular activities – sounds like you have some nice hobbies - I would love to see if you have some hobbies too?

Additional– “candidate with a disability” – we need to explore this more, but obviously, telling your personal story, overcoming difficulties, could help differentiate you even more

All in all – I am still missing a lot of info regarding your profile like your school wish list, managerial experience, international experiences, volunteering and personal story – but even without these, you have an excellent and solid profile! Especially for LBS and any other European school.

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some fantastic apps, I think we can connect in 2-3 months for round 1 applications… Feel free to share with me then your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com and we can take it from there.

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
ARINGO wrote:
cryptex wrote:

1) Demographics

2) Work ex
Mentor for few new hires

3) GMAT - 720

4) Undergrad

5) Recos
MDs at firm

7) Unique case

Hi cryptex

My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO (and am a London Business School alumnus)

Work Experience –WOW – very impressive and your fast-track promotions are incredible in such a competitive organization! Internships seem incredible too! well done. I am wondering if the position you are now in, as VP, is already MBA-level? Be careful not to seem too senior for the schools! So, your advantage doesn’t turn to be a disadvantage)

Academics and GMAT – BA fine (but interested to know your place in the class?) and GMAT seems to be a bit higher than the school average. In your case, 720 might be borderline for the top M7 US schools but hopefully ok for LBS and other schools you are applying to

Extracurricular activities – sounds like you have some nice hobbies - I would love to see if you have some hobbies too?

Additional– “candidate with a disability” – we need to explore this more, but obviously, telling your personal story, overcoming difficulties, could help differentiate you even more

All in all – I am still missing a lot of info regarding your profile like your school wish list, managerial experience, international experiences, volunteering and personal story – but even without these, you have an excellent and solid profile! Especially for LBS and any other European school.

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some fantastic apps, I think we can connect in 2-3 months for round 1 applications… Feel free to share with me then your CV and any other info and we can take it from there.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Shirmi, thank you so much for replying! Much appreciated.
You are right, most of my peers/immediate juniors are either from top MBA schools or with advanced degrees. I have only been recently promoted to a VP, so not too senior.
My application is not for career mobility, but rather for a change in environment/perspective and more importantly access to a solid network.

I would put myself in 30-45 percentile category in grad school. So not too high up, but I will be honest and put the blame on the spirit of youthfulness, ha!
PS: if it helps I double majored.

My wish list would be INSEAD, LBS, maybe HEC. I am not too inclined for US schools as I would spend an extra year, and you never know about the political environment in US.
My managerial experience is limited to mentoring, hiring/onboarding/training, and delegating tasks to juniors.
As for international experience, this is a weak point. I was supposed to work in Paris for 2 years, but that was in Jan 2020. After COVID, everything is on hold. I do however have been fortunate enough to interact with people from several nations/continents and have travelled widely.
I have several volunteering stories to tell, but these are all short stints with nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the offer, I will take it. Great to know that you are an alum! I shall connect with you for R1.

Cheers!
Cryptex
Send PM
Expert Reply
cryptex wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
cryptex wrote:

1) Demographics

2) Work ex
Mentor for few new hires

3) GMAT - 720

4) Undergrad

5) Recos
MDs at firm

7) Unique case

Hi cryptex

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some fantastic apps, I think we can connect in 2-3 months for round 1 applications… Feel free to share with me then your CV and any other info and we can take it from there.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Shirmi, thank you so much for replying! Much appreciated.
You are right, most of my peers/immediate juniors are either from top MBA schools or with advanced degrees. I have only been recently promoted to a VP, so not too senior.
My application is not for career mobility, but rather for a change in environment/perspective and more importantly access to a solid network.

I would put myself in 30-45 percentile category in grad school. So not too high up, but I will be honest and put the blame on the spirit of youthfulness, ha!
PS: if it helps I double majored.

My wish list would be INSEAD, LBS, maybe HEC. I am not too inclined for US schools as I would spend an extra year, and you never know about the political environment in US.
My managerial experience is limited to mentoring, hiring/onboarding/training, and delegating tasks to juniors.
As for international experience, this is a weak point. I was supposed to work in Paris for 2 years, but that was in Jan 2020. After COVID, everything is on hold. I do however have been fortunate enough to interact with people from several nations/continents and have travelled widely.
I have several volunteering stories to tell, but these are all short stints with nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the offer, I will take it. Great to know that you are an alum! I shall connect with you for R1.

Cheers!
Cryptex

Cryptex, GREAT!

Regarding timeline:
- If you are planning on applying for programs that will be starting in Sep-2022, I suggest starting to work on your applications around May/June
- If you are aiming for programs that will be starting in Jan-2022 (for schools with a January term such as INSEAD, HEC, IE, IMD ...) I suggest working on your apps ASAP
So based on the above, be in touch
GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools: ISB '23 (I)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

BACKGROUND: 27 years, Female

GMAT SCORE: 660 (Q44, V370

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
PG Diploma in Marketing Management (Welingkar Institute, Mumbai): A+ Grade
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00
XII - 85.33% (H.R. College, Mumbai - HSC)
X - 89.86% (Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai - ICSE)

WORK EXPERIENCE: 6+ YEARS
Tata Consumer Products Limited
- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
- Participated in multiple international conferences
Teach For India
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Shadowbox Charitable Trust and Pragati Holistic Development Trust
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
Safecity: Red Dot Foundation
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

POST MBA GOALS: Strategy/Marketing roles in FMCG

Thanks in advance!
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rads93 wrote:
Hi,

I am a prospective student looking to apply in R3. Request someone to evaluate my profile given below:

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Bachelor's of Management Studies (H.R. College, University of Mumbai): CGPA 6.91/7.00

- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India
Teach For India
- Taught literacy and fostered community development in an underprivileged school in Dharavi, Mumbai

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion
- Pioneered “Be Your Own Superhero” campaign to raise awareness on sexual harassment
Antarang Foundation
- Awarded ‘Best Mentor’ title for consistent and collaborative effort in student mentoring

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rads93,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. I already answered you in the Cambridge thread. LBS is even more competitive, and it will be very hard to apply and get in, last round, with the current GMAT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
cryptex wrote:

1) Demographics

2) Work ex
Mentor for few new hires

3) GMAT - 720

4) Undergrad

5) Recos
MDs at firm

7) Unique case

Hey cryptex!

From the first glance at your profile, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA might be on the lower end but for an MBA program it doesn’t hold much weightage as MBA programs are much more focused towards the quality of the work experience that a candidate has. Furthermore, the brand name of a top-tier university embellishes your profile as schools such as LBS, LSE, and Imperial tend to favour students from top universities of each country.

Moving on, your GMAT score of 720 is quite competitive and showcases your academic prowess. Moreover, it would also allow you to target some of the top B schools.

Coming to your work experience, you have 6 years of quality work experience with several big brand names as your clients which sets you at par with the kind of competition you’d be facing while applying to these top B-schools. Even though your profile is laden with several high-stakes projects and reputed clients and roles, you should be mindful of the fact that you’d be facing a really tough competition from people with equally competent or better profiles. Hence it becomes imperative that you differentiate yourself by accentuating your international exposure, the managerial skills and projects taken up by you and your career progression with major learning takeaways from the stint.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, it is great to see that you have several activities such as plantation drives and mentoring kids which showcase your active community involvement and determination to create a positive social impact. While your startup experience vouches for your entrepreneurial spirit and the extent of cross-functional and all-encompassing knowledge you possess in the domain to be running your own business. You can further augment your profile by taking up some certifications in the managerial field to showcase your passion for management and your drive to constantly upskill yourself.

Taking into consideration your preferred list of schools, all fall under the dream category which means that they have an acceptance rate of 8-12%. On the basis of your profile, you stand around 40-50% chance of acceptance into the program.

However, getting into these programs won’t be an easy job since you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, to give your profile an extra boost you need a strong application that would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also distinguish you from other applicants. A strong application is an incredibly strong tool in your arsenal that would help you boost your chances of acceptance by 3x.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. This highly customized solution will not only help you with your application strategy but, it would also provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and we wholeheartedly believe that we can help you too!

LINK for the ALL-IN-ONE Solutions:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Calling all LBS applicants. MBA and Beyond is organising an invitation based webinar “Coffee with MBA and Beyond”.

In this webinar, our Founder Shantanu will be walking you through snippets of his own application for INSEAD and sharing some insights about good MBA applications. This can be a good opportunity for those who need deep analysis and understanding of their profiles.

At the end of the webinar, we will be giving you a few questions to tackle. You will be given 3 days to submit your answers based on tips from Shantanu. The best answers will get a flat 10% discount from MBA&B.

How to get an invitation to the webinar?

Since the objective of the webinar is to give personalised tips based on your profile, we will evaluate your profile for free and if we are a good match then we will invite you for ‘Coffee with MBA & Beyond’ this Saturday to add more value to your evaluation.

Cheers!
MBA and Beyond
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
rads93 wrote:
Hi,
Hi @rads93 happy to provide some insight on your profile for LBS R3

I think this test score and profile could be challenging in this round
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

- Led multiple on ground projects ranging from digital transformation rollout to distribution innovation projects focused on increased placement of Tata Tea brands across Western India If you highlight your impact and results in quantifiable ways this could help your case
Teach For India

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Raised funds INR 2.5+ lacs to provide grains, sanitary essentials and daily necessities to over 250 families in under-resourced communities of Dharavi, Govandi-Mankhurd and Sion I like the way you frame in terms of big picture in how many families helped. Did you have a goal for how many families you wanted to help? Did you exceed this goal? If so -- say it.
Antarang Foundation

I never want to tell someone not to apply because you never know if you will get in for sure unless you actually apply. That being said-- I would also encourage you to apply to more programs than just LBS if you absolutely want to get into an MBA program for fall. You may want to also add Imperial, Oxford, Judge just to think of a few more. Best wishes to you!
Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I'm looking to understand where my application lacks depth.
GMAT: 710 (Q50-V34) (I'll be giving it again, aiming for 750)
BACKGROUND: 25 years, Female

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
CGPA: 7.81 (BITS Pilani: Top Tier engineering university in India) Major: Electrical with Minor: Finance
XII - 93.8%
X - 10 CGPA

WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 YEARS
UBS: Business Analyst
Have been working as a lead BA on multiple projects, started an educational series for the India UBS office a year ago, Learning Ambassador for my department.

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Volunteered for 2 yrs during college under a non-profit organization aimed at improving the education of nearby village children.
Volunteered under UBS community initiatives.

POST MBA GOALS: Investment Banking

I would be highly grateful if you could help me out here.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tish2695 wrote:
Hi,
Hi @Tish2695-- happy to provide some insights on your profile below
I'm looking to understand where my application lacks depth.
GMAT: 710 (Q50-V34) (I'll be giving it again, aiming for 750)
BACKGROUND: 25 years, Female
For LBS you could be a little on the lighter side for work experience-- the 710 is solid but if you can increase it -- why not!
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
CGPA: 7.81 (BITS Pilani: Top Tier engineering university in India) Major: Electrical with Minor: Finance
XII - 93.8%
X - 10 CGPA

WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 YEARS With the average being 5 yrs-- this could be the stickiest spot for you-- having a higher GMAT to offset this might help
UBS: Business Analyst
Have been working as a lead BA on multiple projects, started an educational series for the India UBS office a year ago, Learning Ambassador for my department.

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Volunteered for 2 yrs during college under a non-profit organization aimed at improving the education of nearby village children.
Volunteered under UBS community initiatives.
Can you think about any quantifiable impact you have had? This can be helpful in enhancing your profile.
POST MBA GOALS: Investment Banking

I would be highly grateful if you could help me out here.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  30