Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:36 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello!
I am looking to apply to R1 for the 2024 intake. I would request you evaluate my profile for LBS.

Background and nationality:
29 years, Indian Engineer Male working in Consulting sector. Lived for 15 years in Saudi Arabia (though no work per se).

Undergrad/certification information:
Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BITS Pilani with CGPI 7.33/10.
Completed Product Management course on Upgrade from DUKE CE

GMAT:
700 (Q50,V35) - 4th attempt after score plateau of 650. Can plan to take GRE if that helps.

Work experience and leadership:

Total Work experience: 5.5 years

1) Currently working as Senior Associate in a strategic healthcare consulting firm working with top US pharmaceutical clients (since June 22)
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 2 associates to operationalize the market research studies of top pharma companies for projects worth USD 2+ Mn. Few Initiatives to help the company save/generate USD 1+ Mn. The promotion is due in Sept this year.

Prior work experience:

2) Spent 3 years as a Consultant in an Impact consulting firm dealing with clients— CSR companies, NGOs, Foundations, and Government. Received 3 promotions, one every year.
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 5+ members to execute end-to-end 25+ impact assessment projects across Education, healthcare, livelihood, Water Sanitation and hygiene etc. Led PnL of projects worth USD 15 Mn. Executed data collection exercise across 22+ states of India covering 6000+ stakeholders. Helped the company expands its clientele base. Significant contribution in building team capacity and growing the team size from 7 to 32 members (when I left)

3) Worked as Development Consultant to an Indian Member of Parliament on a 1-year long fellowship program
Brief of the role: Worked on multi-million government and CSR projects to bring development to the constituency. Notable ones such as solving the decade-long arsenic contamination problem, enhancing healthcare delivery services, beautification of lakes, etc 

4) 8 months as Senior Analyst at IT consulting firm. Left the firm early because I wanted more functional role and hence transitioned to social sector. 

Extracurricular activities/Achievement:
1) Started a social enterprise helping artisans sell their products on e-commerce in 5+ categories with total sales of INR 1.2 Mn in 1.5 years
2) Held a leadership role of being Hostel Rep (part of the Student Union at BITS)
3) Held various leadership roles on various organizing committees of international events at the college
4) Received a Letter of Recommendation from a Member of Parliament I worked with

Post MBA goals:
Short-term:  Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or healthcare vertical (because of my experience in consulting but in my current role I'm into operations of market research and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Indian rural areas (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

Recommendation: From my immediate managers in my current and last company. 

Additional point to note:
I applied to 3 schools this March - IESE (R3), HEC Jan intake (R3), and INSEAD Jan intake (R1) - and was rejected in all 3. I believe the GMAT score was the concern. Apart from evaluating for LBS, can you tell me if I can apply to other similarly ranked b-schools (ex IE, Judge, US schools)? If yes, which ones should I go for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37 (Online)
Send PM
Is the current consulting firm MBB? Wondering because I’m looking to get into that field specifically.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Sid231 wrote:
Is the current consulting firm MBB? Wondering because I’m looking to get into that field specifically.

No, it isn't. You can send me a DM, and I can you more details if you want.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for LBS

GMAT Score: Not yet appeared [Targeting 730+]

Educational Qualifications:

10th: 8.8/10 GPA (CBSE)
12th: 80.5% ; Science Stream (CBSE)
Graduation: Mechanical Engg- 6.56/10 CGPA

Work Experience:
Manager - Manager in a Public Sector Bank(promoted under merit channel)
Duration - 48 Months (As on Dec 2023)

I have been handpicked by the DGM to start a new section from scratch in the Regional Office controlling 65 branches NRI business and customer support after being promoted to manager under merit channel in a PSB.
In branchs I have handled various departments, disbursed 200 plus loans, increased business by around 4 crores in GOLD LOAN dept(highest since i Joined), implemented practices to reduce TAT for disbursement of loans

Extra Curricular and Achievements
- Have won 1st and 2nd prize for dance competitions at School from X till XII
- Have continously won first and second at intercollege dance competitions for 3 years in a row
- Organised Fashion Shows, Cultural Programs during Inter College Fest in College
-Was captain of High School Football Team and part of Basketball and volleyball teams
-Was part of School Drama Team and have done participated in many events and celebrations
-cracked 4/6 all india bank entrance tests
-Secured 99th percentile in IBPS exam with an All India Rank of 240
-part of the Bank team to conduct IBPS exams
- Qualified GATE exam
-Is currently playing in Football team for PSB at State level representing Home District
-Have won Man of match awards in District League tournaments organised by bank unions
-Is part of District Committee for organising All Kerala Cultural Festival for Bank Employees
- organised State Level Inter Region Soccer Tournament
- Member of regional Bank Union committee

Hobbies:
- Is a bike enthusiast and have done over 7000 kms in Southern India and looking to cover North India too.
-Loves to play football
-Dance
-Movies

Certifications:
-JAIIB
Is planning to do LEAN SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION from KPMG

I kindly request you to evaluate my profile so as to secure an admit from LBS

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi all, kindly evaluate my profile for LBS
10th : 9.6 CGPA or 91% (CBSE Board)
12th : 96% (CBSE board)
Bachelor’s: B.Sc Maths Honours (LSR College) - 8.2 CGPA
GMAT : 690
work exp : 3 years as of this date.
Industry: Consulting
2.4 years- supply chain consulting at GEP worldwide
Last 7 months- Executive search and leadership advisory firm

Extra Curricular and Achievements
- Secured 3rd position in AISSCE- 2017- Commerce stream ( School level)
- Subject Topper- Mathematics, AISSCE-2017 (School level)
- Obtained 91.8 percentile in International Commerce Olympiad-2015 conducted by Commerce Teachers’ Foundation
- School Topper, 5th National Interactive Math Olympiad (N.I.M.O) held in Aug-Sep 2010; National rank: 107, State rank: 13
- Actively volunteered in the department as well as in the annual fests of the college
- NSS- LSR member (2018-19 ) under NGO Basta, an entrepreneurial NGO that works for the upliftment of women in rural
areas
- Member of The MUN society of college (2017-18) and The Web Team of The College Magazine (2017-18)
- Volunteer, Women’s Development Cell, College ( 2018-19)
- President of the school Theatre Club- won many competitions during my tenure
- An active member of the school English Creative Writing Club

Hobbies: Cooking, dancing, and watching movies

Could you please give your views.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Hi all, good day.

Could I get an evaluation of my profile please? :)

Female, 23

GPA - 3.7

Work ex - Business Analyst (13 months, Deloitte)

I have ECs exhibiting leadership and public speaking skills.

GMAT - Been scoring 660-700 in mocks, official test is scheduled for 9th Aug. Expecting >=660.

I REAALLLLLY want to get accepted into the MiM programme at LBS. The only thing that gets me dejected is that a GMAT score of 660 may not be enough to get me accepted. It'd help me manage my expectations if I get an evaluation from a 3rd person.

Additionally, here are some particular queries that I have-

1) I know Indian Males are an overrepresented group in the pool of applicants at LBS, due to which their GMAT scores have to be crazy high for their profiles to be even glanced at. Is the situation the same with Female applicants? Can a strong profile redeem a lower than median score of say 660 for an Indian Female applicant? Or are they just as overrepresented. I'm asking this because I know quite a few people who have gotten accepted with a 660 GMAT score into the LBS mim programme, but I don't know of any Indian applicants who have.

2) Are there any Indians (or Indian Females) who have been accepted with a lower than usual GMAT score into the mim programme at LBS?

3) If LBS doesn't work out, or I bomb my GMAT, I'm planning to go with Imperial Business School's MiM. Any insights on the job prospects post an MiM from IBS?

TIA.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
25 M, Pakistani national.

Assistant Manager Audit @big4

5 years experience in Assurance Audit in big4.

I’m an ACCA ( UK equivalent of US CPA) with a BSc in applied accounting and finance (lower second class) (lower second because of exemption obtained for the bachelors based on my ACCA) with a gmat of 715+ ( to be given) wondering if I can get into M7. Working as an assistant manager in audit in big4 in the middle east.

YOE:
1.5 years in big4 audit

2 years in a T2 audit

2 years in a T2 consulting firm

EC
- Have been awarded the tech lead award at my firm (automated several hectic reports at national level).

- Team lead for my firm (15+ employees).

- Coaching new joiners regarding their careers.

- Founder of an ecommerce store for local region (raised round 1 investment)

- Started my own ecommerce journey during covid employing more than 10 people.

- Have organized a group of 50+ finance professionals from ACCA background in Saudi Arabia to hold qurterly meetings regarding finance updates, economic upates etc.

- Acted as ACCA student lead in Saudi Arabia to help new joiners and fresh interns and set a career/path for them.

I’m looking to get into Management consulting or IB/PE

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 241
Send PM
Background: Georgian, 26 year old, female.
Education: Law degree from National University of Georgia, Approx. GPA: 3.75
Masters degree in Computational Mathematics from Georgian Technical University. GPA: 3.9
GRE: 224 (163q, 161v)
Languages: Russian(fluent), English, Georgian(native), German (intermediate)

Work experience (1 year):
I am currently working as an Accounting Operations Coordinator in one of the leading transportation companies. My principal responsibility involves the management of financial transactions, which includes processing invoices, managing accounts payable and receivable, and reconciling financial statements. Additionally, I play a pivotal role in implementing process improvements and automation strategies to optimize operational efficiency.

Previously, for three years, I have worked as a Project Manager in the upcoming Ready-To-Wear brand. Basically, took care of transportations, organizing the showrooms and communicating with the clients. Got the brand in stores such as Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Lane Crawford and Nordstrom.

In total, post undergrad, I have three years of work experience.

Internships:
In US Embassy (7 months), one in UN (3 months abroad) and one in the Ministry of Finance (3 months).

Reasons for doing MBA: I want to transition to Management Consulting role.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Nerdy01,

Thanks for sharing your profile. My name is Shimri Winters. I head the strategy team here at ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting (I am a London Business School alumnus and was 8 years on their MBA admissions interviewing committee)

From what I can see:
    - Professional experience - Great work experience, especially in the past year. Hopefully you can show numbers ($, %) and achievements. also, if you have international clients, that would help! your 2 internships are also super impressive, don't forget to mention what you learned from them
    - GRE - 324 is good :) and with your profile, should be enough for LBS! don't be worried about this at all

On the unknown side (I need more info on these):
    - Extra-Curricular activities?
    - School wish list besides LBS?
    - Education - (GPA, other student activities?)
    - Direct managerial experiences?
    - Other international experiences?

All in all, I love your profile 😊 (not to mention that the 4 Georgian applicants I worked with got into their dream schools, so don't ruin my stats :) ) and feel you have really good chances!
If you would like to discuss your profile further an perhaps work together on some stellar applications, feel free to contact me on shimriw@ARINGO.com
GOOD LUCK!

Nerdy01 wrote:
Masters degree in Computational Mathematics from Georgian Technical University. GPA: 3.9

I am currently working as an Accounting Operations Coordinator in one of the leading transportation companies. My principal responsibility involves the management of financial transactions, which includes processing invoices, managing accounts payable and receivable, and reconciling financial statements. Additionally, I play a pivotal role in implementing process improvements and automation strategies to optimize operational efficiency.

Previously, for three years, I have worked as a Project Manager in the upcoming Ready-To-Wear brand. Basically, took care of transportations, organizing the showrooms and communicating with the clients. Got the brand in stores such as Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Lane Crawford and Nordstrom.

Internships:
In US Embassy (7 months), one in UN (3 months abroad) and one in the Ministry of Finance (3 months).

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Nerdy01,

I hope you are doing good. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with your academics, your GPAs for both your law degree and computational mathematics master's are impressive and demonstrate your ability to excel in academic settings. Your combination of a law degree and a master's in computational mathematics showcases a diverse educational background, which can bring a unique perspective to the MBA cohort.

While you have around three years of work experience post-undergrad, your roles as a Project Manager in a Ready-To-Wear brand and your current position as an Accounting Operations Coordinator demonstrate your leadership, project management, and financial skills. Your internships at the US Embassy, UN, and Ministry of Finance, along with your work experience in the transportation company, provide valuable international exposure and diverse experiences.

Your proficiency in multiple languages, including Russian, English, and Georgian, is an asset, especially considering the global nature of business and London's international environment. Your clear goal of transitioning to a Management Consulting role after the MBA shows focused career aspirations.

In your applications, emphasize your leadership and impact in your various roles. Show how you've driven change, taken on responsibilities beyond your job description, and contributed to your team and organization's success. While your international experience is a strength, it could be even more compelling if you can demonstrate how it's influenced your perspective, skills, and ability to work in diverse teams. Clearly explain why you believe London Business School is the right place for you to achieve your transition to management consulting and how the program's resources, curriculum, and network align with your goals.

Overall, your unique educational background, international exposure, and clear career goals make you a strong candidate for the London Business School MBA program. To strengthen your application, focus on showcasing your leadership, quantifying your impact, and addressing any areas of concern, such as work experience and test scores.

Good luck with your application!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

Nerdy01 wrote:

Internships:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Hello experts,

I'm currently planning for my MBA application for R2 of next year (a bit late on the MBA preparation game so I'm a bit rush now). Can you please help to evaluate my profile? Thank you guys so much in advance!

Nationality: Vietnam

Academic Performance:
+ Undergrad major: International Finance
+ GPA: 2.72 / 4 (I know that it's really really low) from the university with high ranking in business in my country (SEA), but not a wellknown global name
+ GMAT: 720 (Q50, V36, IR8) (1st take) - I'm planning to retake with target 740+ since I didn't do as well on the test day as in practice (My Verbal practices are consistently 43-45+)

Work Experience:

+ Brand Manager for 2 years (By Dec 23) and also a youngest manager in a leading CPG company, but not an MNC. Managed $XXXMM brands, which is also leader in the category in VN. Now working in Innovation. I used to work at this company before, but left for my second job, and then came back. Just promoted to one upper work level.
+ Assistant Marketing Manager for PepsiCo for 1.5 years. Handled VN & Indochina MKT
+ I started my full time job as a Management Trainee in my current company. I got promoted twice (MT -> Assistant Brand Manager -> Senior Assistant Brand Manager) before leaving for PepsiCo

Post MBA I want to pivot to Consulting

Awards: During undegrad, I won 6+ national awards on business / marketing competitions (5000+ participants) for students from well-known companies such as: Unilever (Country Top 5), Sony (Champion), Hult Prize (Country Top 3, which can prove my entrepreneurship), Nielsen (Country 2nd prize, which can prove my analytical skills), 3-4 student contests as well

Extra curriculars: (Start with most recent activities)
When I'm working:
- Giving mentoring sessions to students with marketing passions. I'm sharing 2-3 sessions per month
- Board of Jury of several marketing contests with 2000+ participant

Undergrad:
- Class President
- Head of MKT team of a city-scale Marketing Club

A few questions:

+ A common myth about LBS is that it prefers students with a strong Finance/Quantitative academic background. I did study Finance in uni, but with a very low GPA since I wanted to pursue a Marketing career then. How can I improve my profile with a more quantitative touch beside GMAT? (Somebody recommends passing MBAMath with flying colors. But I wonder if LBS care about that. And if yes, do you guys recommend MBAMath or Coursera? Thank you)

+ Do I stand a good chance to pass the screening round of LBS with these performance? Since the LBS essays are quite short (1 compulsory and 1 optional), I think more focus is put on current profile. I wonder whether I should bet on LBS or just focus on my current choices (INSEAD, IESE, UVA Darden).

Thank you guys a lot in advance

Originally posted by KynnN on 06 Sep 2023, 01:57.
Last edited by KynnN on 06 Sep 2023, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
KynnN wrote:
Hello experts,

I'm currently planning for my MBA application for R2 of next year (a bit late on the MBA preparation game so I'm a bit rush now). Can you please help to evaluate my profile? Thank you guys so much in advance!

Academic Performance:
+ GPA: 2.72 / 4 (I know that it's really really low) from the university with high ranking in business in my country (SEA), but not a wellknown global name
+ GMAT: 720 (V50, Q36, IR8) (1st take) - I'm planning to retake with target 740+ since I didn't do as well on the test day as in practice (My Verbal practices are consistently 43-45+)

Work Experience:

+ Brand Manager for 2 years (By Dec 23) and also a youngest manager in a leading CPG company, but not an MNC. Managed $XXXMM brands, which is also leader in the category in VN. Now working in Innovation. I used to work at this company before, but left for my second job, and then came back. Just promoted to one upper work level.
+ Assistant Marketing Manager for PepsiCo for 1.5 years. Handled VN & Indochina MKT
+ I started my full time job as a Management Trainee in my current company. I got promoted twice (MT -> Assistant Brand Manager -> Senior Assistant Brand Manager) before leaving for PepsiCo

Awards: During undegrad, I won 6+ national awards on business / marketing competitions (5000+ participants) for students from well-known companies such as: Unilever (Country Top 5), Sony (Champion), Hult Prize (Country Top 3, which can prove my entrepreneurship), Nielsen (Country 2nd prize, which can prove my analytical skills), 3-4 student contests as well

When I'm working:
- Giving mentoring sessions to students with marketing passions. I'm sharing 2-3 sessions per month

Undergrad:
- Class President

A few questions:

+ A common myth about LBS is that it prefers students with a strong Finance/Quantitative academic background. I did study Finance in uni, but with a very low GPA since I wanted to pursue a Marketing career then. How can I improve my profile with a more quantitative touch beside GMAT? (Somebody recommends passing MBAMath with flying colors. But I wonder if LBS care about that. And if yes, do you guys recommend MBAMath or Coursera? Thank you)

+ Do I stand a good chance to pass the screening round of LBS with these performance? Since the LBS essays are quite short (1 compulsory and 1 optional), I think more focus is put on current profile. I wonder whether I should bet on LBS or just focus on my current choices (INSEAD, IESE, UVA Darden).

KynnN hope you are doing well

Your work experience looks solid, but I'm curious about your GMAT scores—did you actually achieve a V50 and a Q36, or was it the other way around (it usually is the opposite for most applicants to these schools)? The specific scores in the Verbal and Quantitative sections carry significant importance.

Personalized advice tailored to your specific situation is just a phone call or message away. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours for our applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
KynnN wrote:
Hello experts,

Academic Performance:
+ GMAT: 720 (V50, Q36, IR8) (1st take) - I'm planning to retake with target 740+ since I didn't do as well on the test day as in practice (My Verbal practices are consistently 43-45+)

Work Experience:

When I'm working:

Undergrad:
- Class President

A few questions:

Your work experience looks solid, but I'm curious about your GMAT scores—did you actually achieve a V50 and a Q36, or was it the other way around (it usually is the opposite for most applicants to these schools)? The specific scores in the Verbal and Quantitative sections carry significant importance.

Personalized advice tailored to your specific situation is just a phone call or message away. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process. We do not cap discussion hours for our applicants

MBAGuideConsulting

Hi Sahni,

A big mistake on my side! Edited to Q50 V36. Thank you for pointing it out
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
KynnN wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
KynnN wrote:
Hello experts,

Academic Performance:

Work Experience:

When I'm working:

Undergrad:
- Class President

A few questions:

MBAGuideConsulting

Hi Sahni,

A big mistake on my side! Edited to Q50 V36. Thank you for pointing it out

KynnN what a relief to know that! :)

I advise applicants to consider GMAT scores in the quantitative and verbal sections individually. Admissions committees evaluate your performance along with that of your peers (from your demographic group) on a bell curve. For example, a Q49+ score (>75th percentile) is considered borderline elite for overrepresented populations at top business schools. If your quantitative score meets or exceeds this threshold, the admissions committee is confident that you can handle the academically demanding curriculum. As such your nationality is not an overrepresented demographic in these MBA programs.

Your verbal score is more likely to reflect your ability to participate in discussions in a truly diverse group at schools that place a high value on discussion-based pedagogy. You have a solid Q50 on the quant so IMHO you need not retake the exam unless you feel you have it in you and really want to take away precious time from your applications for your verbal score improvement.
Do your best to explain this is not a representative of your communication skills and that you can very well hold a conversation in a formal set up including the classroom discussions and pedagogy. Your interview performance will matter a lot.

I like your work experience as well. Brand management experience in CPG and prior experience at Pepsico is top-tier pre-MBA experience. Coming from SE Asia, you bring a unique perspective on implementing and strategizing GTM strategies for emerging economies that hold a lot of potential for further growth in these business areas.

How you now strategize your application will ultimately determine the odds. I think with a solid execution on the essays, resume and LORs you will get an interview call. If you are worried about how to best compensate for your low GPA (despite a solid Q50) you can get some ideas here

- Navigating a low GPA in B School Applications

Regards

Get personalized advice tailored to your specific situation.. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619708 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Expert Reply
LBS Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.