Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:05 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMAT1003 wrote:
Hi Shimri,

I am an 26-year old Indian Male Non-Engineer Finance profile candidate with a 760 GMAT. I've worked at a small boutique investment bank for the past ~4.5 years and I'm also a CFA Level III candidate.

My aim is to apply to UK-based schools (LBS and Oxbridge) primarily because I want to switch locations and gain exposure in a new country. I am looking to continue working in the same industry and my aim is to work in Corporate Finance/IB in UK for a few years. PE/VC is also an aim but I am keeping my options open as the chances for breaking into PE/VC are quite slim.

I wanted your guidance regarding the 'career goals' essay. I have worked on several debt deals in the Renewable Energy space in India and hence, I plan to mention that my short-term career goal is to work in the project financing/corporate finance division of an Energy firm (such as Lightsource) / IB firm with a focus on energy / an energy focused fund (such as Actis). My long-term career goal would to be start an Energy-focused fund of my own.

Someone mentioned to me that it would make sense to state that I plan to come back to my existing firm after MBA to secure a senior role and support the firm's growth into other markets. This would ensure that the ad-com does not consider me as a high risk candidate since I would be guaranteed employment in my home country. However, this does not feel authentic to me so I am not too sure about doing it. Do the career goals that I've stated seem high risk/hard to attain in LBS/Oxbridge?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Hi GMAT1003

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your MBA aspirations@
(As you know, my name is Shimri Winters; I head the strategy team here at ARINGO. I am a London Business School graduate and used to interview candidates for the school for 7 years)

I love your profile. From what I can see:
    GMAT– it doesn’t get much better than 760! Well done. This score is higher than any school average and in the first screening process, it will definitely put your application on the pile that says “check this out”...

Academics – not sure about your undergraduate degree, but the CFA shows strong academic abilities!

Work Experience – the problem is, I don’t have enough info regarding your work at the investment bank.
    For example
    - Have you had any promotions?
    - What are your current and previous titles?
    - Are the deals you work on all Indian or have you been working on international deals (with international clients/partners)?
    - Do you manage people? does your company have a known brand name
    - Etc.

Extracurricular activities – missing info on volunteering and hobbies?

And now to answer your questions
1. LBS and Oxford do seem like good fits
2. Should you lie regarding your career goals? no no no! Schools do like “sponsored candidates” (candidates who return to their pre-MBA employer) but as you mentioned this is not true in your case, I do not think you should take this route (remember, even if you pass the initial admissions stage, there is a face2face interview, and you might not be able to defend there this story).
Go with your gut feeling – renewable energy definitely sounds like the way forward and you can go with your short-term and long-term goals. BOTH sound on track with your profile.

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps! As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Thanks for the detailed response, Shimri. To answer your questions:

Education: Average GPA in Bachelors of Arts in Economics (Hons.) from a top tier college in India.

Work-Ex: Total of 5.5 years of work experience in a front-end role at a boutique IB firm (<15 people) for the past 4.5 years. Over this time, I have had 3 promotions during my stint (started as an Analyst and now an AVP). I’m responsible for leading 3-member teams for end-to-end execution of investment banking mandates (mainly debt syndication) and have successfully closed 12 transactions with a cumulative quantum of ~$300 million for corporates in the Renewable Energy
and Infrastructure sectors. Some of the corporates are MNCs with HQs in UK and US but I am dealing with the Indian offices mainly.

Extra-Curriculars:
- Key part of the recruitment and mentorship initiatives at my firm.
- Avid stock market investor (since 2017)
- Travelling: I've co-organised 3 trips during college with an average group size of 100 and I've also completed 20 personal trips (across 4 countries and 16 Indian states) over the last 5 years.
- I was a Managed Network Expert on Chegg for a year or so, where I was tasked with solving finance-related questions posted by international students.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Just wanted to know if there was any particular reason you didn't mention Cambridge Judge in the list of colleges that might be good fits?

Also had another question - do you think the lack of a brand name employer (since the boutique IB firm that I work in is a small setup with less than 15 employees) and also the fact that I have mainly worked on debt deals (and not private equity/M&A) are going to be major challenges for me?

Thank you for your guidance!
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMAT1003 wrote:
Thanks for the detailed response, Shimri. To answer your questions:

Education: Average GPA in Bachelors of Arts in Economics (Hons.) from a top tier college in India.

Work-Ex: Total of 5.5 years of work experience in a front-end role at a boutique IB firm (<15 people) for the past 4.5 years. Over this time, I have had 3 promotions during my stint (started as an Analyst and now an AVP). I’m responsible for leading 3-member teams for end-to-end execution of investment banking mandates (mainly debt syndication) and have successfully closed 12 transactions with a cumulative quantum of ~$300 million for corporates in the Renewable Energy
and Infrastructure sectors. Some of the corporates are MNCs with HQs in UK and US but I am dealing with the Indian offices mainly.

Extra-Curriculars:
- Key part of the recruitment and mentorship initiatives at my firm.
- Avid stock market investor (since 2017)
- Travelling: I've co-organised 3 trips during college with an average group size of 100 and I've also completed 20 personal trips (across 4 countries and 16 Indian states) over the last 5 years.
- I was a Managed Network Expert on Chegg for a year or so, where I was tasked with solving finance-related questions posted by international students.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Just wanted to know if there was any particular reason you didn't mention Cambridge Judge in the list of colleges that might be good fits?

Also had another question - do you think the lack of a brand name employer (since the boutique IB firm that I work in is a small setup with less than 15 employees) and also the fact that I have mainly worked on debt deals (and not private equity/M&A) are going to be major challenges for me?

Thank you for your guidance!

Thanks for these clarifications GMAT1003!
SO, your profile is even better than I thought :)
Great academic, great extracurricular activities, managerial experience and having 3 promotions in 5 years is SUPER impressive, ALL GREAT!
you are, what I call in my professional language "a very strong candidate" :)
To answer your questions
1. LBS, Cambridge, and Oxford are ALL great fits!
2. Lack of a brand name employer - it is what it is... Yes, JP Morgan would have added 2 points to your profile, but still, it sounds super impressive
"All" you are missing now is writing some stellar applications!

GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

A reapplicant here (740 49 41). I was going through the forum and saw some things I found in the web, like that LBS informs you that you are not welcome to reapply, or not during the next cycle, or even that they want the very you to reapply. Can anyone shed some light on the response I got from them?:

Thank you for submitting your application for a place on London Business School’s Full-time MBA Programme commencing in August 2021 (MBA2023).

Members of the MBA Admissions Committee have now carefully considered your application. It is with regret that I have been asked to inform you that they are not able to take your application further, and therefore you have not been selected for interview for the MBA2023 class. Our applicant pool has been of an extremely high calibre this year, and consequently competition has been very rigorous and we have had to make some tough decisions.

Please note that the MBA Admissions Committee’s decision is final and we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback. We understand this can be frustrating but have included some general feedback below.

We are very sorry to disappoint you and wish you every success in the future.

The general feedback they added:

Should I reapply?
This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is intense every year.

How do I reapply?
If you do intend to reapply, you must complete a new application and send it to us with the correct application fee. We can only hold original transcripts from your first application for one year. To improve your chances of admission, the new application must highlight aspects of personal and professional growth or list improvements made in areas of academic weakness. Unfortunately we are unable to predict your chances of admission if you make a new application, as the applicant pool changes from year to year. Please note that the earliest point at which you can reapply will be for next year’s class.

Also, do reapplicants send some additional papers, or send a new, full application without an extra essay for reapplicants, or there is an extra essay for reapplicants?

Thanks for all those kind responses

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
nurba92 wrote:
Hi all,

A reapplicant here (740 49 41). I was going through the forum and saw some things I found in the web like that LBS informs you that you are not welcome to reapply, or not during the next cycle, or even that they want the very you to reapply. Can anyone shed some light on the response I got from them?:

Thank you for submitting your application for a place on London Business School’s Full-time MBA Programme commencing in August 2021 (MBA2023).

Members of the MBA Admissions Committee have now carefully considered your application. It is with regret that I have been asked to inform you that they are not able to take your application further, and therefore you have not been selected for an interview for the MBA2023 class. Our applicant pool has been of an extremely high caliber this year, and consequently, competition has been very rigorous and we have had to make some tough decisions.

Please note that the MBA Admissions Committee’s decision is final and we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback. We understand this can be frustrating but have included some general feedback below.

We are very sorry to disappoint you and wish you every success in the future.

The general feedback they added:

Should I reapply?
This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is intense every year.

How do I reapply?
If you do intend to reapply, you must complete a new application and send it to us with the correct application fee. We can only hold original transcripts from your first application for one year. To improve your chances of admission, the new application must highlight aspects of personal and professional growth or list improvements made in areas of academic weakness. Unfortunately, we are unable to predict your chances of admission if you make a new application, as the applicant pool changes from year to year. Please note that the earliest point at which you can reapply will be for next year’s class.

Also, do reapplicants send some additional papers, or send a new, full application without an extra essay for reapplicants, or there is an extra essay for reapplicants?

Thanks for all those kind responses

Hi nurba92

Thanks for sharing your reapp dilemma!
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy team here at ARINGO
I am a London Business School graduate and used to interview candidates for the school for 7 years.

I don’t know much about your profile, except the 740, which is a great GMAT score, so I will try to share some general feedback:

ARINGO works every year with a couple of LBS reapps with high acceptance rates (we had 4 out of 6 successful LBS reapps this year). So, I hope this answers your first question, can someone reapply to LBS? the answer is YES YES YES!
    How to reapply to LBS? LBS doesn't require any special documents. you will need to submit a newa pplication with all the "regular" LBS application material (CV, Essays, LORs, Online Application, application fee...) and provide the same documents (transcripts, GMAT...) LBspWhat will LBS be looking for in a reapp?

What will LBS be looking for in a reapp?
      Obviously, a great profile in all the “regular” MBA profile aspects: academics, professional career, and extracurricular activities
      An advancement/improvement/change in your profile from last year. They didn’t accept you for some reason. They would like you to improve.

How can you show an improvement in your profile?
      Razing the GMAT
      Advancement/promotion/change at work
      Strengthening your academic foundation (degree, courses, certification)

What research work should you be doing before you reapply?
      As LBS will not share feedback. Try to review your own application (or give it to someone like me for a professional ding analysis)
      Identify key weaknesses or worries
      If you were interviewed, contact your interviewer, explain you are planning to reapply, and ask for frank feedback

How to reapply to LBS
      Remember that the first thing admissions will do when receiving your reapplication will be to dig up your previous application and compare between the two
      Use at least one (if not two) new recommenders who can show other aspects of your candidacy
      Reconsider LBS’s first essay, and especially your career goals
      Use LBS’s optional essay to explain what has changed in your profile since you applied last. And show the advances you have made (see above)

Hope all this helps!

As always, I can be reached on Shimriw@ARINGO.com for further assistance

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi,
I would really like to get a view on my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Nationality: Indian
GMAT Score: Not taken yet, Aim: 740+

Educational Background:
• Delhi Public School R.K. Puram (Grade 12) - Graduated with 92%
• Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University - Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Graduated with 7.56 CGPA, First Division

Professional Work Experience:
• Management Consulting Analyst at Accenture India for 3 + years (Front End consulting)
• Worked on various strategy projects across multiple sectors (FMCG, FMCD, Retail, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Auto) with a focus on ecommerce and digital transformation. Few of which are listed below:
o Building and Piloting a digital platform for a prominent Indian Co.
o Fleet Card Strategy for a Global Oil and Gas company (across 18 countries)
o Driving E-com Sales using Digital Marketing Strategies for an Indian Apparel Co
• Assisted in multiple recruitment drives for the company, multiple trainings in Digital marketing and analytics
• 2 internships: Del monte, Leo Burnett

Other Certifications/Research Work:
• Young Leaders for Active Citizenship, Policy in Action Fellow [2021]
• Distance course in Guidance and Counselling from Jamia Islamia

Extra-Curricular:
• Manager at AIESEC in Delhi IIT, managed a team of 4
• Delhi State Level Athlete
• Western Vocal Music, Initial with Distinction - Delhi School of Music
• Kathak, Junior Diploma - First Division with Distinction from the Prayag Sangeet Samiti
• Handpicked for Summer Workshop with National School of Drama
• Worked with National Service scheme for 2 years during college
• Part of multiple clubs in college : Entrepreneurship Cell, marketing Society, Indian Music Society, Core team of commerce department etc.
• Ex-Deputy Editor/ Operational Head for a digital publication aimed at providing a platform for underrepresented voices in India – helped launch it and worked on it for 5-6 months.

Short Term Goal: To Start my journey as an entrepreneur

Long Term Goal: My long-term goals are at the cross-roads of entrepreneurship and social development consulting and I hope the knowledge and network that I gain during my MBA will be able to facilitate that
Send PM
Expert Reply
nanya18 wrote:
Hi,
I would really like to get a view of my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Educational Background:
• Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University - Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) - Graduated with 7.56 CGPA, First Division

• Management Consulting Analyst at Accenture India for 3 + years (Front End consulting)
• Worked on various strategy projects across multiple sectors (FMCG, FMCD, Retail, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Auto) with a focus on ecommerce and digital transformation. Few of which are listed below:
o Driving E-com Sales using Digital Marketing Strategies for an Indian Apparel Co
• Assisted in multiple recruitment drives for the company, multiple trainings in Digital marketing and analytics

Extra-Curricular:
• Kathak, Junior Diploma - First Division with Distinction from the Prayag Sangeet Samiti
• Part of multiple clubs in college : Entrepreneurship Cell, marketing Society, Indian Music Society, Core team of commerce department etc.
• Ex-Deputy Editor/ Operational Head for a digital publication aimed at providing a platform for underrepresented voices in India – helped launch it and worked on it for 5-6 months.

Long Term Goal: My long-term goals are at the cross-roads of entrepreneurship and social development consulting and I hope the knowledge and network that I gain during my MBA will be able to facilitate that

Hi nanya18

Thanks for the detailed profile!
I am a London Business School graduate and used to interview candidates to the school for 7 years.

You seem young and I am still missing a lot of info (See below) but before you rush to answer, for now, all you need to worry about is the GMAT. Once completed, then we can go through a deeper review

What I liked about your profile is:
    • Academics –GREAT!
    • Work Experience –nice! 3 years at Accenture + 2 internships – great!!
    • Extra-Curricular activities - Good volunteering and nice hobbies! Seems like you are an interesting person!

What I am missing info about was:
    • Age - If you are 23 and you have 3+ years of full-time work experience, at what age did you complete your degree?
    • School wish list? LBS and what other schools?
    • Any promotions at work? Any direct managerial experience?
    • Any international experience with clients/ co-partners?
    • Timeline of application (this year? Next year? You are still young…
    • and the biggest unknown. GMAT…

On a side note, I am not so sure about your short-term career goal. I would choose entrepreneurship as the long-term goal and choose another short-term goal that will lead you to where you want to get to in the long term. But again, early days for this before I know more about you, your school wish list, the timeline of your application and your GMAT!

All in all,
You have a solid business and academic profile. The key here is the GMAT and then deciding if to apply this year or next (in both cases, you still will be young in comparison to the average age at top business schools which is 27-28)

Happy to help further, but I strongly suggest focusing first on the GMAT, and only then on the apps. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Shimri,
Thankyou for your quick response.

1. Sorry about the confusion. I am 23 at the moment. I will be 24 soon. I graduated and started working when I was 20.
I am planning to apply this year(2021) for 2022, I will be 25 by the time I join B-school
2. I am still in the process of selecting the schools that I would like to apply to. But I would like to apply to HEC Paris, and a few American colleges as well.
3. I am one of the only undergrad hires for my position at work (it's a post MBA position). I am expecting a promotion in a few months time.
-I have worked in teams where I have been the senior analyst and helped/managed interns and junior analysts
- I have led client discussions on my own and worked with client executives as well.
- Managed the teams while manager was away, and had covid on a particular project.
- outside of work, I have worked with AIESEC in the past where I was a manger for 6 months and led a team of four in the outgoing corporate exchange department.

4. -I have worked with international clients where we were working with their African and Latin American teams.
- also worked with a lot of international counter parts in Accenture.
- I have lived in Africa for three years when I was younger. I have also travelled a fair bit across Europe, Asia, and US

5. As I mentioned previously, I would like to apply this year, for the 2022 intake.

6. I am currently working towards taking my GMAT and hopefully will be able to take it by Sept end.

Please let me know if there is any further information that you require from my end.
Thankyou!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
nanya18 wrote:
Hi,
I would really like to get a view of my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Educational Background:

Extra-Curricular:

Hi nanya18

I am a London Business School graduate and used to interview candidates to the school for 7 years.

You seem young and I am still missing a lot of info (See below) but before you rush to answer, for now, all you need to worry about is the GMAT. Once completed, then we can go through a deeper review

What I liked about your profile is:
    • Academics –GREAT!
    • Work Experience –nice! 3 years at Accenture + 2 internships – great!!
    • Extra-Curricular activities - Good volunteering and nice hobbies! Seems like you are an interesting person!

What I am missing info about was:
    • Age - If you are 23 and you have 3+ years of full-time work experience, at what age did you complete your degree?
    • School wish list? LBS and what other schools?
    • Any promotions at work? Any direct managerial experience?
    • Any international experience with clients/ co-partners?
    • Timeline of application (this year? Next year? You are still young…
    • and the biggest unknown. GMAT…

On a side note, I am not so sure about your short-term career goal. I would choose entrepreneurship as the long-term goal and choose another short-term goal that will lead you to where you want to get to in the long term. But again, early days for this before I know more about you, your school wish list, the timeline of your application and your GMAT!

All in all,
You have a solid business and academic profile. The key here is the GMAT and then deciding if to apply this year or next (in both cases, you still will be young in comparison to the average age at top business schools which is 27-28)

Happy to help further, but I strongly suggest focusing first on the GMAT, and only then on the apps. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Shimri,

1. Sorry about the confusion. I am 23 at the moment. I will be 24 soon. I graduated and started working when I was 20.
I am planning to apply this year(2021) for 2022, I will be 25 by the time I join B-school
2. I am still in the process of selecting the schools that I would like to apply to. But I would like to apply to HEC Paris, and a few American colleges as well.
3. I am one of the only undergrad hires for my position at work (it's a post MBA position). I am expecting a promotion in a few months time.
-I have worked in teams where I have been the senior analyst and helped/managed interns and junior analysts
- I have led client discussions on my own and worked with client executives as well.
- Managed the teams while manager was away, and had covid on a particular project.
- outside of work, I have worked with AIESEC in the past where I was a manger for 6 months and led a team of four in the outgoing corporate exchange department.

4. -I have worked with international clients where we were working with their African and Latin American teams.
- I have lived in Africa for three years when I was younger. I have also travelled a fair bit across Europe, Asia, and US

5. As I mentioned previously, I would like to apply this year, for the 2022 intake.

6. I am currently working towards taking my GMAT and hopefully will be able to take it by Sept end.

Please let me know if there is any further information that you require from my end.
Thankyou!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nanya18,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Your work experience seems good. At a young age, you have worked on different projects and undertaken leadership roles which are amazing. I can see from your work experience you are a high performing individual. Your work experience is really good, and I believe it can bring lots of impactful stories that will help you demonstrate your potential. You will need to demonstrate your career progression as well as how you stand out in the pool. Do you have international work experience? LBS emphasizes a global outlook and the ability to work in multicultural teams; you must include it. Regarding your ECs, they are quite interesting. Your interest in music and kathak will add diversity to your profile. Your other Ecs are also good; however, I recommend that you do not clutter your application with them all; rather, highlight the creative and unique ones.

Your post-MBA goals should be more specific. If there are clearly specific skills or concepts that you know you'll need but that your background lacks, highlighting these specific gaps that will aid you on your entrepreneurial journey will make a strong story. Overall a good profile, and if you got 740+ GMAT, your chances will be maximize. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story. Also, which other schools are you eyeing? If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

nanya18 wrote:
Hi,
I would really like to get a view on my profile. I am planning to apply for the 2022 Intake

Educational Background:

Extra-Curricular:

Send PM
Expert Reply
nanya18 wrote:
Hi Shimri,

Thankyou!

Thanks nanya18 for the clarifications
You have a great profile - let's take it from here to a private discussion
GOOD LUCK!
Shimri
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Hi Experts,

Could you please evaluate my profile for R1 / R2.

1. Demographics - 28, Indian, Female

2. Educational Qualification:
- Under-Graduation: BTech (Mechanical Engineering) from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar GPA: 7.39/10
- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

3. GMAT: N/A (Yet to take GMAT by July-end, targeting 700 to 720)
- Suggest a safe score range, considering to manage getting scholarships.

4. Work Experience (Total 5 years) – India

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2.9 years) in a Partner company for SAP Ariba
o Vertical: Business Network Integrations for Buyers across the European Continent.
o Positions:
 Senior Consultant (Promotion within 21 months)
 Consultant
o Recognitions:
 Piloting the senior job—role prospects for my company with SAP Ariba, new spectrum of service-partnership. Only-one in company to have been selected for the feat.
 For Outstanding Performance by the Client company. Received Company and Client Appreciations for the several projects.
 Appointed as Subject Matter Expert for team of 12 members by Client.
 Worked and accomplished over 180 Integrations over a span of 20 months successfully.

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2 years) in a small company for SAP MM
o Vertical: SAP Material Management module
o Position: Associate Consultant

- International Exposure:
o Worked primarily and secondarily with all the European Clients. The crux of the situation is that Physical location was India but work-wise strictly International.
o The intra-company and intercompany cross-functional teams across my company, along with that of clients’ and the project-stakeholders’, were spread throughout the European continent.
o Clientele and projects spanned across United Kingdom, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France.

- Industrial Internship: Cummins India Limited, Pune
o Project: Shipment-Process Optimization under the Supply Chain Management stream.
o Designed like a mini-ERP for the firm. It was critically acclaimed by supervisors.
o Later, it qualified as a Six-Sigma project. Also, implemented real-time in the firm.

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:
o Participated in the SAE India BAJA’ 14 (ATV Manufacturing Contest)
 Provided assistance for powertrain transmission systems in BAJA SAE Team KIIT.
 Managed the Planning, DFMEA, Project-management, costing and marketing-aspect.
o Designed and created prototype of a Solar Car, in collaboration of team.
o Participated in various workshop like prototype-creation of RC Aircrafts.

- Non-Academic:
o Awarded the SPECIAL MENTIONS award at the OEC Model United Nations, 2014. Earlier, participated in the KIIT MUN 2014 as the delegate of Myanmar in the UNGA SPECPOL.
o Volunteered teaching Mathematics at the KISS (KIIT’s Initiative for the welfare and development of Tribal children)
o Coordinator at the Mechanical Annual Fest YANTRIKI, 2015. Earlier, entertained audience in YANTRIKI, 2013.
o Also, had the privilege to entertain the Governor of State with a performance.

6. Interests and Hobbies:
- Oil-Painting and sketching, Reading and currently, exploring writing-blogs and also an amateur bird-watcher.

7. Post MBA Goals:
- Primary - Want to transition from Technical-Consulting Role to the Management Consulting and Strategy roles.
- Intermediate and Long-term – Progress into core leadership roles. Eventually, into the senior leadership and pivotal roles.

8. Questions-
a. Is my profile good enough to be considered? Reasonable?
b. What are the other areas of improvement? What are the major weaknesses in the profile?
c. What should be my application essay strategy and who should be an ideal candidate for a LOR?

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ManasiDp wrote:
Hi Experts,

- Under-Graduation: BTech (Mechanical Engineering) from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar GPA: 7.39/10
- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2.9 years) in a Partner company for SAP Ariba
o Vertical: Business Network Integrations for Buyers across the European Continent.
o Positions:
 Consultant
o Recognitions:
 Piloting the senior job—role prospects for my company with SAP Ariba, new spectrum of service-partnership. Only-one in company to have been selected for the feat.
 For Outstanding Performance by the Client company. Received Company and Client Appreciations for the several projects.
 Worked and accomplished over 180 Integrations over a span of 20 months successfully.

- Techno-functional Consulting Experience (2 years) in a small company for SAP MM

o Worked primarily and secondarily with all the European Clients. The crux of the situation is that Physical location was India but work-wise strictly International.
o The intra-company and intercompany cross-functional teams across my company, along with that of clients’ and the project-stakeholders’, were spread throughout the European continent.
o Clientele and projects spanned across United Kingdom, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France.

o Project: Shipment-Process Optimization under the Supply Chain Management stream.
o Designed like a mini-ERP for the firm. It was critically acclaimed by supervisors.
o Later, it qualified as a Six-Sigma project. Also, implemented real-time in the firm.

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:
 Provided assistance for powertrain transmission systems in BAJA SAE Team KIIT.
 Managed the Planning, DFMEA, Project-management, costing and marketing-aspect.

- Non-Academic:
o Awarded the SPECIAL MENTIONS award at the OEC Model United Nations, 2014. Earlier, participated in the KIIT MUN 2014 as the delegate of Myanmar in the UNGA SPECPOL.
o Volunteered teaching Mathematics at the KISS (KIIT’s Initiative for the welfare and development of Tribal children)
o Coordinator at the Mechanical Annual Fest YANTRIKI, 2015. Earlier, entertained audience in YANTRIKI, 2013.
o Also, had the privilege to entertain the Governor of State with a performance.

- Oil-Painting and sketching, Reading and currently, exploring writing-blogs and also an amateur bird-watcher.

7. Post MBA Goals:
- Primary - Want to transition from Technical-Consulting Role to the Management Consulting and Strategy roles.
- Intermediate and Long-term – Progress into core leadership roles. Eventually, into the senior leadership and pivotal roles.

8. Questions-
b. What are the other areas of improvement? What are the major weaknesses in the profile?
c. What should be my application essay strategy and who should be an ideal candidate for a LOR?

Hi ManasiDp

I actually did an “all you need to know about LBS” video yesterday, and you can watch it here” Feel free to watch my LBS video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvlcNS6lCE&t=3416s&ab_channel=GMATClub

Here is a quick review – but the first and most important thing is GMAT – the higher the better!

- Academics – looks great! 7.39/10 sounds high, but obviously, I would like to understand your place in class
    - Work Experience –less than 3 years, is a bit on the low side, although, if you work for an SAP partner and you can reference international clients and teams you worked with, that does sound good. Nice promotion! And nice international exposure!!! I can’t see any direct management experience…
    - Extracurricular activities – very nice volunteering activities and hobbies. you sound like an interesting person 😊

Answers to your questions:
    - Is your profile good enough – yes! you are young but sounds like you are very academic, work for a number of big international clients, received a fast-track promotion and awards. All good…😊
    - Areas of improvement– only 2.9Y of experience, no direct managerial experience, no GMAT
    - Application essay strategy – you came up with a good strategy – moving from tech consulting to strategy consulting
    - Ideal referees for LORs – Direct manager as the main. And either a previous manager, or a client, or someone from university as a second

All in all,
Missing GMAT!!! And if you want a scholarship, your target should be higher than 720. So, concentrate on this, even if it means you miss R1 (R2 + 20 GMAT points beats R1!), then apply in the best possible way (use optional essay etc.) and highlight your fast–track promotion, excellent academics, and extracurricular activities

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps, once you actually have a GMAT score. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Kudos
ARINGO wrote:
ManasiDp wrote:
Hi Experts,

- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

o Positions:
 Consultant
o Recognitions:

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:

- Non-Academic:

7. Post MBA Goals:

8. Questions-

Hi ManasiDp

I actually did an “all you need to know about LBS” video yesterday, and you can watch it here” Feel free to watch my LBS video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvlcNS6lCE&t=3416s&ab_channel=GMATClub

Here is a quick review – but the first and most important thing is GMAT – the higher the better!

- Academics – looks great! 7.39/10 sounds high, but obviously, I would like to understand your place in class
    - Work Experience –less than 3 years, is a bit on the low side, although, if you work for an SAP partner and you can reference international clients and teams you worked with, that does sound good. Nice promotion! And nice international exposure!!! I can’t see any direct management experience…
    - Extracurricular activities – very nice volunteering activities and hobbies. you sound like an interesting person 😊

- Is your profile good enough – yes! you are young but sounds like you are very academic, work for a number of big international clients, received a fast-track promotion and awards. All good…😊
    - Areas of improvement– only 2.9Y of experience, no direct managerial experience, no GMAT
    - Application essay strategy – you came up with a good strategy – moving from tech consulting to strategy consulting
    - Ideal referees for LORs – Direct manager as the main. And either a previous manager, or a client, or someone from university as a second

All in all,
Missing GMAT!!! And if you want a scholarship, your target should be higher than 720. So, concentrate on this, even if it means you miss R1 (R2 + 20 GMAT points beats R1!), then apply in the best possible way (use optional essay etc.) and highlight your fast–track promotion, excellent academics, and extracurricular activities

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps, once you actually have a GMAT score. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed review for my profile. It sure helps a lot. I will go through the vedio links for more information.

Just a quick check - my total experiemce rounds to 5 years. The 2.9 years is in the second company in which i am currently working. I think the note was not clear.

Will 5 years total exp be good?
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ManasiDp,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is quite low, but your good GMAT score will make up for it. The average GMAT score for LBS is 708. Being an Indian applicant, I suggest aiming for a GMAT score of 730+ to maximize your chances. However, we have helped one of our applicants to get into LBS with a 690 GMAT score and 100% scholarship.

On the work front, I can clearly see the career progression and leadership in your work experience. You will need to bring instances where you were in a leadership role and showcase yourself as a high-performing individual. Also, you have quite good international exposure as you have worked with European clients and projects spanned across different countries. So, if you are successful in telling stories of how it has broadened your perspective and shaped your personality, it does put you in a great spot. Talking about your ECs, they really are very interesting and different and provide more than enough for the diversity factor that every school looks for. Also, they give a glimpse of your capability of taking the initiative and learning. Your interests and hobbies are good as well, especially bird watching. Your post-mba goals make sense, though they need a little more shaping.

Answering your questions:

Yes, you have a strong profile.

Focus on getting GMAT 730+ to maximize your chances and for a scholarship. I’m not able to see the impact right now, you have good international exposure and 5 years of work experience, so there must be something interesting you have done and created an impact to the organization.

c. What should be my application essay strategy, and who should be an ideal candidate for a LOR?

About LOR, I would say choose one who can tell you about the qualities you possess and the type of person you are in your work very thoroughly because the goal is to obtain a second person's view about you. So, make an informed decision.

Overall, I see you have a pretty fair shot at LBS. What's going to matter most about your application is how you link experiential dots and make a great narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to answer any of your concerns and discuss your further chances at LBS. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

ManasiDp wrote:
Hi Experts,

- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

o Positions:
 Consultant
o Recognitions:

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:

- Non-Academic:

7. Post MBA Goals:

8. Questions-

Send PM
Expert Reply
ManasiDp wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
ManasiDp wrote:
Hi Experts,

- 12th CBSE 74%
- 10th CBSE 8.8/10 CGPA

o Positions:
 Consultant
o Recognitions:

5. Extra-Curriculars:
- Academic:

- Non-Academic:

7. Post MBA Goals:

8. Questions-

Hi ManasiDp

All in all,

GOOD LUCK!

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed review for my profile. It sure helps a lot. I will go through the vedio links for more information.

Just a quick check - my total experiemce rounds to 5 years. The 2.9 years is in the second company in which i am currently working. I think the note was not clear.

Will 5 years total exp be good?

GREAT!!! 5 years will definitely add to your profile! for now, GMAT GMAT GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Could someone please evaluate my profile for London Business School?

Background: 25, Male, British Citizen

GMAT Score: 750 (Q51 V40 IR8)

Education:
- Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering from a Top 30 college in India with an Average GPA
- Attended Summer School at London School of Economics - Studied Marketing and received an 'A' grade

Extra-curriculars:
Let a team of 20 in a street theatre group and travelled across India performing plays
Won more than 40 awards for our performances and even received a full scholarship for Acting school (Did not take up the offer though)
Our plays were satirical accounts of issues plaguing our society and were aimed at raising awareness on such topics

Work Experience:
Total work ex = 3 years
1. Tata Motors:
- Worked for 8 months as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in the Sales & Marketing division
- Travelled across 8 cities to create a customer testimonial video that was adopted by all offices in the State to show to customers

2. ZS Associates:
- Worked on Sales & Marketing operations for one of the largest Pharma companies in the world
- Regularly consulted Senior Directors on product launches for new drugs
- Won awards such as 'Client Innovator' and 'Star Learner'
- Promoted in 2 years (Among one of the fastest promotions - Usually takes 2.5 to 3 years)

Volunteer Work:
- Started an initiative called Mission Santa around last year to fundraise for an Orphanage by Christmas
- Raised enough money to cover 2 months of rent and also collected 500 items of clothing, books and toys
- Also created a website for the Orphanage

I'm confused whether I should apply this year in R2 or I should wait for a year and apply in September 2022 for a 2023 intake. Any guidance is appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  30