Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:17 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi jistel,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good and your GMAT score is quite low than the average required for lbs and INSEAD. If you are able to create strong stories you had a shot at lbs and INSEAD. If it helps you, we recently helped a candidate with 690 GMAT, shortlisted at LBS (Have a look at application journey).

On the work front, I don’t have much detail about your experience but on the surface, it seems strong. Being an analyst, I believe you can exhibit quantitative skills well. You will need to communicate your experience impactfully. You can bring the narrative of your learnings from these high-profile experiences and how they have shaped your personality and skills in work. Talking about your ECs, they are interesting. Your sailing experience and stories related to it will definitely bring diversity to your apps and may bring interesting conversations between you and adcoms.

Your post-MBA goals have clarity. You will need to elaborate more and express your vision impactfully.

Overall you have a good profile. What’s going to matter most in your profile is how you link the dots and present a good narrative to the adcoms. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to work on international experience, resume and LOR

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

jistel wrote:
My Profile:
Target Schools:
-LBS, Insead, IESE, HEC Paris
All in round 1 in October for September 22’ intake

Nationality:
Argentinian

Education:
-BA in Business Administration from a prestigious university in Argentina (well known locally)
- Public Accountant degree in the same business school
-Postgraduate in Management at the same school
-CFA LEVEL 1 EXAM passed above the 90th percentile

Grade:
8.1 (scale 1-10) graduated with honors

GMAT:
690 Q46 V38 IR6
6 years of experience (7 when I start the program)
Current Role:
Equity Research Analyst at an international bank (1 year)

Previous Work Experience:
-4 years as a Credit risk analyst at the same bank
-1 year as a Trainee at the same bank

Extracurriculars:
- Helmsman, I love sailing. Crossed Argentina to Uruguay 5 times and started a sailing club providing 50+ sailing experiences since 2018.

Skills:
Excel, office, financial modeling

Languages:
-Spanish
-English
-Portuguese

Others:
-28 years old
-white male
- I hold a Spanish passport to work in Europe afterwords

Post MBA Goal:
- go to a more commercial role in a fintech in Europe.
my long term goal would be to start my own company to a more strategy oriented role providing consulting for startups

Posted from my mobile device
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello jistel,

Thank you for sharing. While your profile looks solid overall, there are a couple of areas you may want to strengthen.

Your GMAT could be higher for LBS and INSEAD. How many times have you taken the exam? While there are many different ways to stand out and differentiate yourself in your MBA applications, a higher GMAT in the 700s range will help to enhance your candidacy.

Of course, a lot will also come down to how you articulate your MBA goals and personal story. It is great to see that you have broken down your post-MBA goal into short and long-term, particularly because LBS recently confirmed that their essay will once again be a career goals essay.

What kind of leadership experience do you have? This will be important to showcase through your current/previous roles and extracurriculars. Do you have any other extracurricular/volunteer activities on your resume? These experiences will help to set you apart from the crowd.

If you're looking for strategic application advice and comprehensive support, feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com. We work with a lot of folks in finance and help many candidates get into top European b-schools each year!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

jistel wrote:
My Profile:
Target Schools:
-LBS, Insead, IESE, HEC Paris
All in round 1 in October for September 22’ intake

Nationality:
Argentinian

Education:
-BA in Business Administration from a prestigious university in Argentina (well known locally)
- Public Accountant degree in the same business school
-Postgraduate in Management at the same school
-CFA LEVEL 1 EXAM passed above the 90th percentile

Grade:
8.1 (scale 1-10) graduated with honors

GMAT:
690 Q46 V38 IR6
6 years of experience (7 when I start the program)
Current Role:
Equity Research Analyst at an international bank (1 year)

Previous Work Experience:
-4 years as a Credit risk analyst at the same bank
-1 year as a Trainee at the same bank

Extracurriculars:
- Helmsman, I love sailing. Crossed Argentina to Uruguay 5 times and started a sailing club providing 50+ sailing experiences since 2018.

Skills:
Excel, office, financial modeling

Languages:
-Spanish
-English
-Portuguese

Others:
-28 years old
-white male
- I hold a Spanish passport to work in Europe afterwords

Post MBA Goal:
- go to a more commercial role in a fintech in Europe.
my long term goal would be to start my own company to a more strategy oriented role providing consulting for startups

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '24 (D)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi!

I'd highly appreciate your opinions on my profile for LBS Full-time MBA.

Background

Mexican, 23 years old.
Law degree, 2020. Graduated with honors from a top Mexican law school.
GPA 4.
GMAT: 680 (V42 Q40 IR8 AWA 5).

Work Experience

Worked in 2 different law firms for 4 years as of today (planning to apply for 2022).
3 of those years have been focused on project finance for infrastructure and energy projects in LATAM, advising both private clients, banks, and governments in structuring projects, financing them, amending state constitutions, etc. I also advise clients in M&A and real estate matters (mostly hotel acquisitions). The law firm I currently work at is one of the top 3 in Mexico and with offices in London.

I have participated in, among others, waste to energy and transport projects (e.g., highways), urban developments, corporate mergers and acquisitions.

I've drafted negotiated project agreements (i.e., EPC and O&M agreements) for train and subway purchases, desalinization plants, energy projects, among others; I have also negotiated several credit agreements for big energy and infrastructure projects and purchase and sale agreements for Hotels with international parties.

Additional Activities

As of 2021, I started an angel investor syndicate in Mexico to invest in Mexico and LATAM startups; I've been working a lot on that, and by the time of my application I expect to have closed around 4-6 investments in startups as a lead angel with the syndicate. This kind of syndicate is probably the first of its kind in Mexico and I plan to highlight my efforts towards democratizing capital supply in the country a lot in my application.

I passed the CFA Level I on February 2021.

I published an article on The Law Reviews (published in the UK), on Public-Private Partnerships in Mexico in 2021.

Thank you very much for your evaluation.
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
BenjaminT wrote:
Hi!

I'd highly appreciate your opinions on my profile for LBS Full-time MBA.

Background

Mexican, 23 years old.
Law degree, 2020. Graduated with honors from a top Mexican law school.
GPA 4.
GMAT: 680 (V42 Q40 IR8 AWA 5).

Work Experience

Worked in 2 different law firms for 4 years as of today (planning to apply for 2022).
3 of those years have been focused on project finance for infrastructure and energy projects in LATAM, advising both private clients, banks, and governments in structuring projects, financing them, amending state constitutions, etc. I also advise clients in M&A and real estate matters (mostly hotel acquisitions). The law firm I currently work at is one of the top 3 in Mexico and with offices in London.

I have participated in, among others, waste to energy and transport projects (e.g., highways), urban developments, corporate mergers and acquisitions.

I've drafted negotiated project agreements (i.e., EPC and O&M agreements) for train and subway purchases, desalinization plants, energy projects, among others; I have also negotiated several credit agreements for big energy and infrastructure projects and purchase and sale agreements for Hotels with international parties.

Additional Activities

As of 2021, I started an angel investor syndicate in Mexico to invest in Mexico and LATAM startups; I've been working a lot on that, and by the time of my application I expect to have closed around 4-6 investments in startups as a lead angel with the syndicate. This kind of syndicate is probably the first of its kind in Mexico and I plan to highlight my efforts towards democratizing capital supply in the country a lot in my application.

I passed the CFA Level I on February 2021.

I published an article on The Law Reviews (published in the UK), on Public-Private Partnerships in Mexico in 2021.

Thank you very much for your evaluation.

Hi BenjaminT

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy team here at ARINGO (I am a London Business School alumnus and used to interview candidates for the schools for 7 years!)

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Academics – great undergraduate and GPA! 4.0 = top of your class, which is great!

GMAT - Well, 680 may not sound high, but for a Mexican lawyer, it is FINE!!! So well done!!! And don’t worry over this too much! I have a 660 😊

Work Experience –so, you mentioned you have 4 years of experience, but as you graduated 2 years ago, the schools will mostly take into account your post-undergraduate experience (so 2 years to date, if I did my math correctly)
    Good and solid legal work but I hope you work with interesting and perhaps international clients? Also if you were responsible for interns that could be good!

Extracurricular activities – let me start by saying WOW!!!!
    CFA really ads,
    And nice hobbies and volunteering
    BUT the Angel investor club – NICE NICE NICE! this can be the key theme of your application that will really differentiate you!!!

All in all, sounds like you are young, but have a great profile!!! and a good chance for LBS (what other schools are you considering?).

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Please Review :
I am a 23 y/o male from India.

Engineering Graduate (B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering) from tier 1(top 5) institutes in India. CGPA - 7.2/10.0

Haven't given GMAT yet but am confident of a 720+ score based on mocks

Working as Data Analyst in MNC since 8 months (August 2020). Leading a project as well as reporting to senior management.

Extracurriculars -
Lead a team of 100+ members as part of core committee of a national level annual sci-tech meet/competition. Organized guest lectures (from Nobel Laurates to Entrepreneurs and Bureaucrats)
Part of the college dance team representing in national level competitions

I have been involved in various social projects, as member of hobby clubs as well as curriculum requirements.

Additionally -
I will also be taking CFA Investment Foundation certification exam in Sept. Can I count on it to be a + on my resume ?
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kushahuja,

A score of 720+ should situate you well for LBS. However, your work experience is definitely on the low side. When do you anticipate applying? While you have some leadership experience in your current role, you could likely still benefit from another year or two in the workforce to strengthen your candidacy.

This would give you time to gain more leadership experience, build a strong track record of extracurricular involvement, and be better equipped to tackle the application process when the time comes.

Personal MBA Coach can help set you up for success here via our early planning services. The best thing you can do to improve your candidacy is to plan ahead with the help of a trusted advisor to help you make all of the right decisions in the time leading up to your applications. Our early planning clients have stellar acceptance and scholarship success rates!

Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to learn more.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

kushahuja wrote:
Please Review :
I am a 23 y/o male from India.

Engineering Graduate (B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering) from tier 1(top 5) institutes in India. CGPA - 7.2/10.0

Haven't given GMAT yet but am confident of a 720+ score based on mocks

Working as Data Analyst in MNC since 8 months (August 2020). Leading a project as well as reporting to senior management.

Extracurriculars -
Lead a team of 100+ members as part of core committee of a national level annual sci-tech meet/competition. Organized guest lectures (from Nobel Laurates to Entrepreneurs and Bureaucrats)
Part of the college dance team representing in national level competitions

I have been involved in various social projects, as member of hobby clubs as well as curriculum requirements.

Additionally -
I will also be taking CFA Investment Foundation certification exam in Sept. Can I count on it to be a + on my resume ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi - please see below details of my background. I am looking to apply to LBS this year. Thank you for doing this. I look forward to your feedback!

Basic details: I am 23 years old, and have lived in four different countries, including India, South Africa, The Netherlands and now, England.

Education: 3-year Bachelors Degree (BSc Management) at the London School of Economics with a First Class Honours (not sure what the GPA equivalent is).
Currently pursuing a professional CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification.

Work Experience: I have been working at J.P. Morgan in London as a Finance & Business Management Analyst since September 2019. I am part of a 3 year rotational programme. See below for rotations:

(Sep 2019 - Oct 2020) - P&L Controller for one of J.P. Morgan's largest UK entities.
(Oct 2020 - Present) - Business Manager for Corporate & Investment Bank Equities Operations (tasked with supporting senior Business Heads in the Equities Operations organisation).
(Oct 2021 - TBC) - Equities Financing Product Controller.

Before my full time job, I also interned at J.P. Morgan (Equities Valuations Control Group), alongside KPMG (Deals Intern) and SaturnF1 (E-Learning Analyst for the e-commerce arm of Apollo Tyres).

My current GMAT score is 710 (Q49 V38), but I am preparing for a resit to improve my score.

Extra-curricular activities: Playing cricket (was part of the team that won the national youth Dutch tournament). In addition, I was the Vice President & Treasurer of the LSE SU India Forum, which is a day-long conference that hosts dignitaries from India across fields such as Business, Finance, Sports, Politics and Entertainment. In addition, I was also the Designer and Treasurer for the LSE SU India Society. I have also had the experience of co-hosting the Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket Team and the Captain of the Indian Men's Football Team in an online webinar, which I organised alongside a friend. Currently, I am part of the Learning & Development Pillar of the F&BM Analyst Committee at J.P. Morgan, which organises and hosts training and development sessions for graduates on the programme. Also a volunteer in the J.P. Morgan Markets Operations Diversity & Inclusion Council. In my free time, I engage in financial literature and enjoy reading about business leaders and management.

Post-MBA aspirations: I wish to transition into Investment Banking for a few years to enhance and develop my skill set (e.g. analysing company fundamentals, teamwork and leadership skills etc.) following which I would like to pursue opportunities in Social Enterprise/Impact Investing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '23 (WL)
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi, would be great to get your thoughts on my profile (applying to intake of 2022):

29F Indian

Education:
- Bachelors in Engineering, University of Mumbai - UK Honours 2:1 equivalent
- Masters in Management, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) (Ranked among Top 25 MiM programmes globally) - 6.73/9, Ranked among top 1% from 180k applicants for the IIM selection process

Work Experience (5 years total):
Post-Bachelors:
- Associate Developer, SAP (clients across Australia, UK, Canada) - 2 years
Post Masters:
- Business Strategy Manager, Mahindra Auto (an electric vehicle pioneer in India) - 1.5 years
- Strategy Consultant, Accenture Strategy (APAC and Middle East clients) - 1.5 years (Recently promoted to Consultant from Analyst level)

Post-MBA goal - to leverage my combined experience in the automotive + mobility sector, strategy consulting and tech to work for sustainable mobility tech startups in Europe (the hub of mobility innovation)

Extracurriculars:
- Several social initiatives, ranging from addressing menstruation needs for women from underserved communities, pro bono work for an African social enterprise, rural farmer initiatives in India, etc.
- Won multiple debate tournaments at the national level
- President of a student club at IIM, leading a team of 20+
- National finalist at an international competition for social action

Test Score:
GRE - 333/340 (163V, 170Q)
(Can target 750ish on the GMAT if needed)

Languages: English, Hindi, French

Thanks a ton!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gigi1906,

Thanks for sharing your profile. I see quite interesting elements in your profile that align with the values of your target school, especially that you have an informed global vision of the future. Let’s go step-by-step:

-Your stats are good, and your GRE score of 333 is a decent one. In addition, you have demonstrated excellent quantitative abilities in your score, which clearly defines your academic potential. To make you more confident, we have helped an Indian engineer with a 690 score get into LBS with 100% scholarship.

-Your 5 years of work experience can bring stories of leadership and impact. I can see a good career trajectory as well. You must explain how you perform better than your peers. You can bring the narrative of your learnings from your work experiences and how they have shaped your personality and skills at work. Also, you have significant international experience that LBS highly stresses and can give your profile a global perspective if narrated wisely.

-Your ECs show ‘initiatives’, ‘leadership’, and ‘achievements’. Speaking about them with the right passion will definitely add diversity to your profile.

-For your post-MBA goals, you will need to back them up with plausible reasons. Also, divide your goals into short-term and long-term. Since your Business school acts as a launching pad for your career, it is critical to determine how well the school aligns with your post-MBA goals. All of the best business schools want students who have realistic and achievable goals and a strategy for achieving these goals through an MBA from their institution. These post-MBA goals are major themes in many application questions and even interviews. Think about it.

Overall a good profile and have a shot at LBS. What’s going to matter most in your profile is your 'Branding for MBA'- It is the pre-work that we do with all our applicants.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and guide you wherever you feel stuck in your profile. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

gigi1906 wrote:
Hi, would be great to get your thoughts on my profile (applying to intake of 2022):

29F Indian

Education:
- Bachelors in Engineering, University of Mumbai - UK Honours 2:1 equivalent
- Masters in Management, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) (Ranked among Top 25 MiM programmes globally) - 6.73/9, Ranked among top 1% from 180k applicants for the IIM selection process

Work Experience (5 years total):
Post-Bachelors:
- Associate Developer, SAP (clients across Australia, UK, Canada) - 2 years
Post Masters:
- Business Strategy Manager, Mahindra Auto (an electric vehicle pioneer in India) - 1.5 years
- Strategy Consultant, Accenture Strategy (APAC and Middle East clients) - 1.5 years (Recently promoted to Consultant from Analyst level)

Post-MBA goal - to leverage my combined experience in the automotive + mobility sector, strategy consulting and tech to work for sustainable mobility tech startups in Europe (the hub of mobility innovation)

Extracurriculars:
- Several social initiatives, ranging from addressing menstruation needs for women from underserved communities, pro bono work for an African social enterprise, rural farmer initiatives in India, etc.
- Won multiple debate tournaments at the national level
- President of a student club at IIM, leading a team of 20+
- National finalist at an international competition for social action

Test Score:
GRE - 333/340 (163V, 170Q)
(Can target 750ish on the GMAT if needed)

Languages: English, Hindi, French

Thanks a ton!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
tusharmittal98 wrote:
Hi - please see below details of my background. I am looking to apply to LBS this year. Thank you for doing this. I look forward to your feedback!

Basic details: I am 23 years old, and have lived in four different countries, including India, South Africa, The Netherlands and now, England.

Education: 3-year Bachelors Degree (BSc Management) at the London School of Economics with a First Class Honours (not sure what the GPA equivalent is).
Currently pursuing a professional CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification.

Work Experience: I have been working at J.P. Morgan in London as a Finance & Business Management Analyst since September 2019. I am part of a 3 year rotational programme. See below for rotations:

(Sep 2019 - Oct 2020) - P&L Controller for one of J.P. Morgan's largest UK entities.
(Oct 2020 - Present) - Business Manager for Corporate & Investment Bank Equities Operations (tasked with supporting senior Business Heads in the Equities Operations organisation).

Before my full time job, I also interned at J.P. Morgan (Equities Valuations Control Group), alongside KPMG (Deals Intern) and SaturnF1 (E-Learning Analyst for the e-commerce arm of Apollo Tyres).

My current GMAT score is 710 (Q49 V38), but I am preparing for a resit to improve my score.

Extra-curricular activities: Playing cricket (was part of the team that won the national youth Dutch tournament). In addition, I was the Vice President & Treasurer of the LSE SU India Forum, which is a day-long conference that hosts dignitaries from India across fields such as Business, Finance, Sports, Politics and Entertainment. In addition, I was also the Designer and Treasurer for the LSE SU India Society. I have also had the experience of co-hosting the Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket Team and the Captain of the Indian Men's Football Team in an online webinar, which I organised alongside a friend. Currently, I am part of the Learning & Development Pillar of the F&BM Analyst Committee at J.P. Morgan, which organises and hosts training and development sessions for graduates on the programme. Also a volunteer in the J.P. Morgan Markets Operations Diversity & Inclusion Council. In my free time, I engage in financial literature and enjoy reading about business leaders and management.

Post-MBA aspirations: I wish to transition into Investment Banking for a few years to enhance and develop my skill set (e.g. analysing company fundamentals, teamwork and leadership skills etc.) following which I would like to pursue opportunities in Social Enterprise/Impact Investing.

Hi Tushar,

Everything looks great on your profile. Your international experience shall be valuable to b-schools such as LBS, Wharton, STanford and INSEAD (although you haven't mentioned this one)

Your undergrad is at a very prestigious college, and you have done well for yourself there. You don't have to convert your GPA- report the real transcripts and b-schools will evaluate them as they are.

Rotational programs are typically very selective, so its an achievement to be part of one, and JP Morgan is a solid brand, so that's a double point for you (also JPM is a feeder and recruiter at programs on your target list, so you have the right brand name on your resume). If there's a chance to be sponsored/ join back then it decreases the risk b-schools will take on you- that can again be a positive point. You can discuss this option internally within your org.
My concern with regard to your work experience is that you will have only 3 years work experience on matriculation. That would place you among the youngest in class. So it will be important for you to demonstrate through your application that you have accumulated quality experience in your short career, you have gained the needed maturity level and you will be an able contributor to your peers- both in the classroom and outside, in community initiatives.

Your ECAs are on mark. Use these to show some leadership capabilities- LBS asks a 400 word question on ECAs and this is where you can mention some meaty activities where you made impact.

Lastly, GMAT! A 710 can fly at LBS, but as you are willing to retake, and because you are applying to several of the top US programs, I endorse your re-attempt.

Feel free to reach out for a profile evaluation at : https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-profile-evaluation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hey I'm currently in my final year of undergrad (pursuing in India) and I'm planning to apply to Mfin and possibly MBA program this year for the 2022 intake. Wanted to know my chances at getting into LBS. Thanks!

Undergrad: Bachelors in Business Administration with specialisation in Finance from a top 10 university for the mentioned program in India
Nationality: US Citizen
GPA: 3.8/4 (4 semesters average) - distinction
GMAT/GRE: planning to give it this year; hoping to score +730
Work experience: (1) Internship at BNP Paribas - Sharekhan as a financial analyst for two months (2) Internship at Bright network - Ernst and Young as a financial analyst for 1 month (3) Latham and Watkins Virtual Internship - legal assistant with prime area being White collar defence and investigation for 1 month (4) Interned with an Advocate on record at Supreme court of India as a Legal research assistant (5) Internship at Finlatics as a Portfolio Analyst for 1 month
Community and others: (1) Research paper on “Economics of Terrorism” (2) Research paper on “Islamic Banking” (3) Article on “Financialization of Housing: The New Era Perspective” (4) Volunteered at a local school to help teach underprivileged children for two months (5) Associated with one of India's premier dance companies as a trained jazz dancer with over 5 years of experience
Post master goals: Financial analyst at a Big4 or Big3

Kindly let me know how I can improve my profile and if I have a decent shot at getting into LBS. Further recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time MBA at LBS starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Aditi123a,

How many years of full-time work experience do you have? This will have a bearing on whether you are better suited for a master's in finance or a full-time MBA. While you have some strong internship experiences, business schools seek leaders and you may want to spend a bit more time in the workforce if you are interested in pursuing an MBA.

That said, a 730 GMAT should position you well for LBS's master's in finance program. In terms of your extracurriculars, do you have any that you are regularly involved in today? These will be good to show another side of your profile.

If you are looking to discuss application strategy, feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com. We can provide customized support for specialized masters and full-time MBA programs.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

Aditi123a wrote:
Hey I'm currently in my final year of undergrad (pursuing in India) and I'm planning to apply to Mfin and possibly MBA program this year for the 2022 intake. Wanted to know my chances at getting into LBS. Thanks!

Undergrad: Bachelors in Business Administration with specialisation in Finance from a top 10 university for the mentioned program in India
Nationality: US Citizen
GPA: 3.8/4 (4 semesters average) - distinction
GMAT/GRE: planning to give it this year; hoping to score +730
Work experience: (1) Internship at BNP Paribas - Sharekhan as a financial analyst for two months (2) Internship at Bright network - Ernst and Young as a financial analyst for 1 month (3) Latham and Watkins Virtual Internship - legal assistant with prime area being White collar defence and investigation for 1 month (4) Interned with an Advocate on record at Supreme court of India as a Legal research assistant (5) Internship at Finlatics as a Portfolio Analyst for 1 month
Community and others: (1) Research paper on “Economics of Terrorism” (2) Research paper on “Islamic Banking” (3) Article on “Financialization of Housing: The New Era Perspective” (4) Volunteered at a local school to help teach underprivileged children for two months (5) Associated with one of India's premier dance companies as a trained jazz dancer with over 5 years of experience
Post master goals: Financial analyst at a Big4 or Big3

Kindly let me know how I can improve my profile and if I have a decent shot at getting into LBS. Further recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos

Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
tusharmittal98 wrote:

Hi Tusharmittal98

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy team here at ARINGO
I am a London Business School graduate and used to interview candidates for the school for 7 years.

You are young, but have one of the best profiles for a 23-year-old I have seen (Well done!) although being so young is also your weakness (see below)
From what I can see:
    Academics – great undergraduate. LSE has a great brand and first-class honors equals a high GPA. CIMA is also good, as it is perceived as a very difficult analytical qualification

Work Experience –so, it doesn’t get much better than the JP Morgan rotation program! BUT here is where your young age kicks in. you have less than 2 years of experience with no promotions while other LBS MBA candidates will have on average 5-6 years of experience. There is nothing you can do to improve this situation except wait with your application (a year or two? Or event apply in R2, when you have 2.5Y of experience vs. R1 with 2Y)

Extracurricular activities – I love both your hobbies and very happy to see you have some volunteering activities too?

GMAT - Well, 710 is a good score – But, if your nationality is Indian (is it?) it is a bit low as you come from an over represented pool of candidate s(Although your entire career has been abroad). I do suggest you invest the next few months on improving this score. For LBS and for other schools as well

Career goals– your ambition to transition to investment banking seems reasonable, just make sure to explain why you need an MBA for this, as you already work for JP Morgan

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile! For any business school and MBA program in the world. Your two “issues” are a. average GMAT and b. fewer years of experience in comparison to other candidates. Two areas which you can improve!

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps, now or when you improve your GMAT and gain a bit more work experience. As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Send PM
Hi all,
A quick question. Is it worth it to improve 7.5 IELTS for a reapplicant with 740 (V41)?
I understand that there must be other parts that need reconsidering, but is this the part that needs to be improved?
Thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
Please suggest my options (colleges/course) ahead.

Indian, male, 33

Work ex - 3 years teaching (lecture in a tier 2 engineering college) 8 years in maintenance management profile in a big Indian chemicals and fertilisers manufacturing unit (govt organisation/PSU). Work profile related to handling several operations and activities including various teams of vendors and contractors (up to approx 100 people at times). Comfortable in working under high pressure with high stakes under strict regulations.

GMAT-expecting 700 +(scored 660 cold) today.

Acads - Btech mechanical with 65% from a tier 2 college( A few backlogs which I cleared in next sem, % are a bit lower ranged in my university as topper also used to get 85-87%). I genuinely had typical family issues that affected my studies badly during college.
Intermediate - 75% (honors with distinction in 3 subjects, lower % range state board)

Highschool - 68%

Extra cur- founder member of student society in mechanical deptt in college( certificate is not available).
Participation and winning a few intercollegiate national level competitions.
Motivated a group of poor students from nearby village to continue education and took free late evening tuitions during my college days(no certificate available)

Achievements-
A few projects/technological improvements (done solo from ideation to implementation) in manufacturing unit to save a few millions.(certificate for a few projects is available but savings is not mentioned)
Participation and winning a few QC related prizes.

Hobbies -
Love solo travel, knowing cultures and people (have travelled a lot in India and have several stories).
I write and read at times, I like it.
Music lover (formed a college band as band manager😁 but no certificate for It).

Please suggest me which colleges/ programs, (available with employment assistance) to target if I want to make career in operations.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  30