Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Schools: Simon '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 148
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
Re: Difficulty in getting a response from Queen's admissions team [#permalink]
Same experience here. The admissions team did not seem interested in my resume at all and instead, asked for my GMAT/GRE score. After I sent my unofficial scores to them, they didn't reply anymore. This is also the first time I've encountered this with any of the Canadian schools' adcom, who are typically very enthusiastic and do not make the GMAT/GRE sound like the be-all and end-all. I'm a bit hesitant to apply now because my test score is not my strong suit..

Originally posted by ecziiion on 27 Jan 2021, 04:19.
Last edited by ecziiion on 27 Jan 2021, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mgqa wrote:
Same experience here. The admissions team did not seem interested in my resume at all and instead, asked for GMAT/GRE score. After I sent my unofficial scores to them, they didn't reply anymore. This is also the first time I've encountered this with any of the Canadian schools' adcom, who are typically very enthusiastic and do not make the GMAT/GRE sound like the be-all and end-all. I'm a bit hesitant to apply now because my test score is not my strong suit.

Well I submitted my GMAT score to them - 710, which is much higher than their class average GMAT score of 654. So, I do not think it is the exam score which is holding them back. Regardless, the lack of interest in responding to prospective candidates is not a really nice experience.

Originally posted by Legolas1221 on 27 Jan 2021, 04:24.
Last edited by Legolas1221 on 27 Jan 2021, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Legolas1221 wrote:
mgqa wrote:
Same experience here. The admissions team did not seem interested in my resume at all and instead, asked for GMAT/GRE score. After I sent my unofficial scores to them, they didn't reply anymore. This is also the first time I've encountered this with any of the Canadian schools' adcom, who are typically very enthusiastic and do not make the GMAT/GRE sound like the be-all and end-all. I'm a bit hesitant to apply now because my test score is not my strong suit.

Well I submitted my GMAT score to them - 710, which is much higher than their class average GMAT score of 654. So, I do not think it is the exam score which is holding them back. Regardless, the lack of interest in responding to prospective candidates does not reflect very well on the school.

Glad to know! But yes, perhaps they think it is too early for their 2022 in-take.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mgqa wrote:
Legolas1221 wrote:
mgqa wrote:

Well I submitted my GMAT score to them - 710, which is much higher than their class average GMAT score of 654. So, I do not think it is the exam score which is holding them back. Regardless, the lack of interest in responding to prospective candidates does not reflect very well on the school.

Glad to know! But yes, perhaps they think it is too early for their 2022 in-take.

I think its way too early for 2022 intake. You should reach out to them later during the year. Remember there are limited B schools in Canada and smiths is one the top 10. And due to the pandemic they are just over whelmed

Also GMAT/GRE score is just a part of whole profile higher score doesnt mean that they should jump other candidates and reply back instantly. Patience is the key. Limited schools many students/applicants made this situation worse

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
Quote:
I think its way too early for 2022 intake. You should reach out to them later during the year. Remember there are limited B schools in Canada and smiths is one the top 10. And due to the pandemic they are just over whelmed

Also GMAT/GRE score is just a part of whole profile higher score doesnt mean that they should jump other candidates and reply back instantly. Patience is the key. Limited schools many students/applicants made this situation worse

rohitnal You've got a point there and it makes sense :thumbsup: . I actually assumed the rounds to have started for 2022, as Ivey(which follows the same 1 year MBA, march entry process) has its round 1 done with already. I was not able to find hard deadlines on the smith website, were you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Legolas1221 wrote:
Quote:

rohitnal You've got a point there and it makes sense :thumbsup: . I actually assumed the rounds to have started for 2022, as Ivey(which follows the same 1 year MBA, march entry process) has its round 1 done with already. I was not able to find hard deadlines on the smith website, were you?

Canadian b schools have much different process and each of them have their own. For 2022 intake i would reach out in april or may. Just get ready with all your documents. There are no deadlines as of my knowledge it should be 3 months from the start date for visa and everything else.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rohitnal wrote:
Legolas1221 wrote:
Quote:

Canadian b schools have much different process and each of them have their own. For 2022 intake i would reach out in april or may. Just get ready with all your documents. There are no deadlines as of my knowledge it should be 3 months from the start date for visa and everything else.

That makes sense and works for applicants who are intent on pursuing their MBA in 2022 (Winter, Spring or Fall in-take). As for me, I'm applying for both Fall 2021 (Rotman and Schulich) and Winter/Spring 2022 (Ivey and Smith), and therefore would need decisions from all schools by April/May this year at the latest. I expressed this after my call with Ivey's AdCom last week, and they told me to submit my application as soon as possible and that they will try to expedite the evaluation in case I get decisions from Rotman and Schulich already. I'll follow up with Smith as well in the next few weeks.

Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:

That makes sense and works for applicants who are intent on pursuing their MBA in 2022 (Winter, Spring or Fall in-take). As for me, I'm applying for both Fall 2021 (Rotman and Schulich) and Winter/Spring 2022 (Ivey and Smith), and therefore would need decisions from all schools by April/May this year at the latest. I expressed this after my call with Ivey's AdCom last week, and they told me to submit my application as soon as possible and that they will try to expedite the evaluation in case I get decisions from Rotman and Schulich already. I'll follow up with Smith as well in the next few weeks.

Thank you!

mgqa I am following pretty much the same approach. Do you mind leaving an update here if you are able to get through to the Queen's AdCom? I had sent an email about 5 days ago(a follow up to my email to them in the first week of Jan), and have not received a response as yet.

Originally posted by Legolas1221 on 28 Jan 2021, 04:08.
Last edited by Legolas1221 on 28 Jan 2021, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Legolas1221 wrote:
Quote:

Thank you!

mgqa I am following pretty much the same approach. Do you mind leaving an update here if you are able to get through to the Queen's AdCom? I had sent an email about 5 days ago, and have not received a response as yet.

I dropped a mail to them sometimes the mid of January. Didn't receive any reply till now. Therefore, I completed the introduce yourself section of the mail again yesterday. I hope they will reply by the next week.

But yes I agree, In my case, I found Ivey and McGill Adcoms much more responsive than Queens. Especially now, but the students of Queens are much easy to communicate with and are more ready to schedule a call and talk about the program.
Current Student
Send PM
Legolas1221 wrote:
Quote:

Thank you!

mgqa I am following pretty much the same approach. Do you mind leaving an update here if you are able to get through to the Queen's AdCom? I had sent an email about 5 days ago(a follow up to my email to them in the first week of Jan), and have not received a response as yet.

Will do!
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I received a reply today. I guess they have planned to start replying from Feb, so if you didn't, it must be coming.
Best of Luck.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Smith Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Smith Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Smith Forum for all fresh things related to the Smith MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts