Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Kudos
Oh, sorry, I cannot help you a lot here. But I believe that ESSEC, ISB and INSEAD are very much in grasp but you need to justify your academics to them. A high GMAT score will sway them
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club
logo
FORUM
GMAT CLUB TESTS
QUESTION BANKS
DECISION TRACKER
SCHOOL DISCUSSIONS
REVIEWS
DEALS & DISCOUNTS
CHAT
T&C AND PRIVACY POLICY

GMAT Club Rules
Notifications
Private Messages (0)
My Profile
My Error Log
Logout [ Msknpuri ]
Close
Search
Advanced search
My posts
Unanswered
Close
GMAT Club Forum Index LBS
LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here : LBS - Page 25

Page 25 of 25
1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
DB12998
Sep 7 at 12:42am
Hello
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for MiM programmes

Background: Indian, Female, 22 Years Old
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (GPA: 8.3), Ranked fifth in class
GMAT: 740- Q48, V44, IR7, AWA6(Would the low quant percentile put me at a disadvantage?)
Professional Qualification: ACCA Affiliate (Chartered Accountancy)
Work experience: 1 Year at a local finance firm, leading a team of 5-8 members, clients in the US

Achievements and Extra curriculars:
Badminton player in school
School magazine editor
Part of student council for 2 consecutive years in school
Scholarship for creative writing in school
Highly active and consistent community service volunteer, with outreach trips to parts of rural India
Active participant in intra and inter-collegiate quiz events
Currently running an instagram blog on finance topics with 350+ followers

Post MiM goals: Strategy consulting

Target schools:
First preference- LBS
Second preference- HEC Paris, INSEAD, ESSEC, ESCP (open to suggestions)

Also, are there any good management programmes in the US for recent graduates. Would love to know

Thanks in advance!
Kudos/Bookmark
MBAandBeyond
EXPERT'S
Hi DB12998,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good and you have a solid GMAT score. I believe your overall GMAT score is sufficient, and you may demonstrate your quantitative abilities in other ways as well. On the work front, leading a team must have instilled leadership qualities in you. Also, working with US clients helped you enhanced your global awareness. All of these experiences must be effectively integrated into your apps. Your accomplishments and ECs seem to be good. You also have excellent leadership abilities here. The blog you run, in particular, may create a good conversation between you and AdComs. Out of the top 10 schools offering Masters in Management or MIM programs, most of them are located in Europe. So, Europe is the best place to study MiM. LBS ranks 3rd in the FT Global MiM ranking. Students at LBS have found employment in Management Consulting in firms such as McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. Several prominent US business institutions that provide very successful MBA programs have started MiM programs in recent years. MiMs are offered in the United States by Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, MIT Sloan School of Management, and Mendoza College of Business. You can also research the same.

Overall a good profile. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any of your concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

DB12998 wrote:
Hello
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for MiM programmes

Background: Indian, Female, 22 Years Old
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (GPA: 8.3), Ranked fifth in class
GMAT: 740- Q48, V44, IR7, AWA6(Would the low quant percentile put me at a disadvantage?)
Professional Qualification: ACCA Affiliate (Chartered Accountancy)
Work experience: 1 Year at a local finance firm, leading a team of 5-8 members, clients in the US

Achievements and Extra curriculars:
Badminton player in school
School magazine editor
Part of student council for 2 consecutive years in school
Scholarship for creative writing in school
Highly active and consistent community service volunteer, with outreach trips to parts of rural India
Active participant in intra and inter-collegiate quiz events
Currently running an instagram blog on finance topics with 350+ followers

Post MiM goals: Strategy consulting

Target schools:
First preference- LBS
Second preference- HEC Paris, INSEAD, ESSEC, ESCP (open to suggestions)

Also, are there any good management programmes in the US for recent graduates. Would love to know

Thanks in advance!
Kudos/Bookmark1 kudos,
Msknpuri
5 hrs
Hey guys, so i am a bit skeptical about the strength on my profile. Please check and give suggestions:
1) Female, 21 years, commerce graduate from University of delhi ( business economics major)
2) Topper in my class(college batch) (9.79 GPA)
3) 91.75% in 12th
4) 10 CGPA in 10th
5) 690 GMAT
6) President of ENACTUS in my college
7) Done internships in content writing, operations (with startup) and Human resource.
8) District level dancer, district level debating.
9) German language (B1) level.
10) Course from yale university, university of colorado (online)
11) currently working on my startup
12) published essay in magazine
13) worked with renowned NGOs.
14) participated in MUNs

Applying to: ESCP, LBS, WHU, ESMT, Mannheim.
Aspiring for sept 2022 intake in MIM

Posted from my mobile device
Kudos
ARINGO
EXPERT'S
Msknpuri wrote:
Hey guys, so i am a bit skeptical about the strength on my profile. Please check and give suggestions:
1) Female, 21 years, commerce graduate from University of delhi ( business economics major)
2) Topper in my class(college batch) (9.79 GPA)
3) 91.75% in 12th
4) 10 CGPA in 10th
5) 690 GMAT
6) President of ENACTUS in my college
7) Done internships in content writing, operations (with startup) and Human resource.
8) District level dancer, district level debating.
9) German language (B1) level.
10) Course from yale university, university of colorado (online)
11) currently working on my startup
12) published essay in magazine
13) worked with renowned NGOs.
14) participated in MUNs

Applying to: ESCP, LBS, WHU, ESMT, Mannheim, ESSEC
Aspiring for sept 2022 intake in MIM

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello Everyone,
I am an Indian male electrical project engineer with total 6.5 years of work experience in oil & gas industry.
I have 2 years of international experience ( 1 year in Saudi Arabia & 1 year in Oman)

Academics -
10th standard - 89.84%
Technical diploma - 91.08%
Bachelors in Electrical engg. - CGPA 7.83/10
(2 backlogs 😅)

Presented 1 technical paper in an international conference during final year of my bachelors. I have won 2 national level project exhibition competitions.

I was best student awardee of my batch.

Professional Career-

Working in international projects division. Received 3 promotion till the time.
Received 2 annual organisational awards for my performance in various projects.
Volunteered for company’s CSR activities in remote southern Indian villages for 3 months.

I took GMAT exam & scored 600 ( Q42, V29, IR 4, AWA 4.5). This was my 2nd attempt. In 1st attempt I scored 530 (Q44, V21).

Intending to make career in consultancy post MBA.

I am confused whether I should go ahead & apply in R2 or I should retake the exam to improve my score. Though I don’t feel that I’ll be improving my score if I retake it.

My target MBA schools are
- Mannheim Business School
- ESMT BERLIN
- Essec Business School
- Open to suggestions

I would appreciate if someone can review my profile & provide any valuable input.

Thanks in advance!

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi csantosh65,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is quite ok. I strongly recommend retaking the GMAT and aiming to score higher (700+) to maximize your chances for the schools you have listed. Your work experience plays a more important role in your candidacy on the work front. You have in total 6.5 years of work experience with considerable leadership experiences and international exposure as well! I'd like to learn about some major aspects of your profile, such as impact, innovation, and so on. You'll need to demonstrate how you're a perfect fit by showcasing your career growth. Discussing the projects, you've worked on and how they've impacted the organization's growth and development can help you demonstrate your potential. Your post-MBA goal is clear, but you’ll have to elaborate and divide it into short-term and long-term goals. Also, explain why consulting and how an MBA can help you achieve your goals.

Overall, you have a good profile and a decent chance of getting into the schools you've listed. You might look at other schools, like INSEAD, HEC, LBS, and Kellogg, which are excellent choices for consulting. Your ECs are missing. They are essential for showcasing your individuality outside of work. However, I'd like to learn more about your professional experience to identify wow points in your profile. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and shortlist perfect b-schools for you. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

csantosh65 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I am an Indian male electrical project engineer with total 6.5 years of work experience in oil & gas industry.
I have 2 years of international experience ( 1 year in Saudi Arabia & 1 year in Oman)

Academics -
10th standard - 89.84%
Technical diploma - 91.08%
Bachelors in Electrical engg. - CGPA 7.83/10
(2 backlogs 😅)

Presented 1 technical paper in an international conference during final year of my bachelors. I have won 2 national level project exhibition competitions.

I was best student awardee of my batch.

Professional Career-

Working in international projects division. Received 3 promotion till the time.
Received 2 annual organisational awards for my performance in various projects.
Volunteered for company’s CSR activities in remote southern Indian villages for 3 months.

I took GMAT exam & scored 600 ( Q42, V29, IR 4, AWA 4.5). This was my 2nd attempt. In 1st attempt I scored 530 (Q44, V21).

Intending to make career in consultancy post MBA.

I am confused whether I should go ahead & apply in R2 or I should retake the exam to improve my score. Though I don’t feel that I’ll be improving my score if I retake it.

My target MBA schools are
- Mannheim Business School
- ESMT BERLIN
- Essec Business School
- Open to suggestions

I would appreciate if someone can review my profile & provide any valuable input.

Thanks in advance!

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts