Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: HEC'22 (J)
GRE 1: Q167 V150
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: HEC'22 (J)
GRE 1: Q167 V150
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Analysis of mock test from GMAT Prep [#permalink]
MentorTutoring & DisciplinedPrep thank you guys for your responses.

From what i understood, i should go through all the Practice test questions and understand the subjects i made mistakes in and try to improve my knowledge on them.

I'll do this homework and try to score better next month.

Thank you again !!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi faycalshb,

Regarding scoring, to reiterate, your GMAT score is based on not only the number of questions you answer correct/incorrect but also the difficulty of those questions, among other things.

Regarding how to move forward, it’s clear that you need to improve your verbal skills in order to increase your overall GMAT score. Certainly if you’d like some advice on how to do so, feel free to reach back out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi faycalshb,

To start, a 640 is a fantastic initial CAT Score (the Average Score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years). In addition, assuming that you took this CAT in a realistic fashion (that matches up with what you'll face on the Official GMAT), then you're fairly close a to 680+ right now.

"Review" is an exceptionally important part of the GMAT training process; your ability to define WHY you're getting questions wrong is essential to defining the areas that you need to work on (and the specific things that you need to 'fix'). As such, I'd like to know a bit more about this CAT. While a full Mistake Tracker would provide a lot more information, there are some basic questions that you should be able to answer (and the more EXACT you can be with your answers, the better):

After reviewing each section of this recent CAT, how many questions did you get wrong....
1) Because of a silly/little mistake?
2) Because there was some math/verbal that you just could not remember how to do?
3) Because the question was too hard?
4) Because you were low on time and had to guess?
5) How many Verbal questions did you 'narrow down to 2 choices' but still get wrong?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 477 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Send PM
I'm not able to find the Time Management tab in the Mock analysis module of GMAC ?? I'm thinking of analyzing my attempt in GMAC tests, but it's really difficult to complete the analysis here.

Please suggest if there is a better way to do so??
Attachments

Capture01.PNG
Capture01.PNG [ 1.76 KiB | Viewed 2669 times ]

Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Expert Reply
HarshaBujji wrote:
I'm not able to find the Time Management tab in the Mock analysis module of GMAC ?? I'm thinking of analyzing my attempt in GMAC tests, but it's really difficult to complete the analysis here.

Hello, HarshaBujji. The only way I know of to get any time management data from your official practice exams is to set up some sort of stopwatch system (e.g., phone) while you are taking the test. You are not missing anything—GMAC™ simply does not provide insight into time management on its practice exams. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I love data myself, but perhaps this knowledge may help you prepare for your next attempts.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [1]
Given Kudos: 853
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
HarshaBujji wrote:

Hey HarshaBujji

The 'Time Management' tab is opening up for me (See the attached pic). I gave three mocks to date, and for every mock, it is showing up.

Can I know when did you give your mock? And is it the 1st Mock? :think:

I think the analysis of my 1st mock showed up after a week. But for the 2nd and 3rd mock, the time management tab was available as soon as I end the test.
SO SO you wait for a week. Then check your account :?

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Regards,
Romil
Attachments

2021-07-27.png
2021-07-27.png [ 96.02 KiB | Viewed 2580 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 477 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Send PM
romil666 wrote:
HarshaBujji wrote:

Hey HarshaBujji

The 'Time Management' tab is opening up for me (See the attached pic). I gave three mocks to date, and for every mock, it is showing up.

I think the analysis of my 1st mock showed up after a week. But for the 2nd and 3rd mock, the time management tab was available as soon as I end the test.

Regards,
Romil

Oh!! thanks romil

Yeah it is my first mock
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [1]
Kudos
Expert Reply
romil666 wrote:
HarshaBujji wrote:

Hey HarshaBujji

Regards,
Romil

Ah, yes. I guess I have gotten so caught up in knowing the specifics of EACH question that I forgot about the built-in, more generalized time management tracking. Thanks, Romil. I hope it helps the original poster and others who may stumble across the thread.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot