Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 23:49 It is currently 08 May 2024, 23:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 347 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [2]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Help strategise [#permalink]
Kudos
TTP offers free Quant evaluation
Manhattan Prep offers 1 full mock test which has a very good Quant section.
Experts Global has also a free mock test with good quant section.
I guess when you were registering for GMATCLUB you were offered 2 free tests of Veritas Prep. you can activate and use them too. They may be a little harder than actual GMAT.
and finally GC has "List of all GMAT free trials" page, in which you can find more deals.
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16659 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello anisha98,

GMAT Club is one of the great platforms to get information about the GMAT official test, Study plan, Section wise instructions, etc.

Success in GMAT Math is entirely based on vital concepts, rigorous practice, complete knowledge of math question types and patterns, quick approaches, and time management.

You can try our free Quant diagnostic test https://www.mathrevolution.com/diagnostic/dtExamMember and receive a comprehensive study guide by topic. This test will clearly help you understand your weak areas.

You can schedule a Free counseling(https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session) session for 20 mins with one of our experts to have detailed advice on your current study plans.

Register with MathRevolution https://www.mathrevolution.com/member/signup to get access to our 7-days on-demand course for free trial lessons.

Start with the learning of the concepts. Make detailed notes so that you can revise them 3 days before your official GMAT test.

Also, make a note of various possible combinations to achieve your target score. The possible scores will help you track your performance after taking the mock or practice test. It will also help you maintain balance in both the sections, and you will always be in a great position to allot the study hours to a specific area accordingly.

Below is the useful link we will recommend you to visit on GMAT club:

Ultimate Q51 guide: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate ... l#p1613600

Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com.

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Math Revolution Team
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11675 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anisha98,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) On what date did you take the Official GMAT and how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) Have you used any other study materials besides the OG? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you took your Official GMAT at a Test Center, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22170 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anisha98,

Since you are looking for help with quant, I have a great article for you to check out:

How To Increase Your GMAT Quant Score

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1803 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
anisha98 wrote:
I gave the GMAT and my Quant score was a 42. On my very first CAT (that I took on the GMAT website) I scored a 45. And since then it's been in the range of 48-49. I am not sure why there has been a huge discrepancy between the numbers. It didn't feel like I missed a lot of questions except the end where I had to guess (the last 3 questions I think). Nonetheless I plan on giving the GMAT again for a better score on the quant. I've exhausted the OG and the GMATPrep for the Quant section. What other free resources can I look at which are as reliable? Any other area where I could practice and get a reliable score for proper evaluation?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi anisha98,

You can go through this article to find out the probable reason for scoring low on actual test:

https://blog.gmatwhiz.com/scored-low-on-gmat/

Also, it's important to know the right strategies to avoid the common traps set by the test takers in order to get a Q50/51. You may find this helpful:

Feel free to reach out in case of any queries!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Thank you GmatTutorKnight SalahT sherxon MathRevolution ScottTargetTestPrep and EMPOWERgmatRichC for all your replies. I will be sure to use the resources and tips you have provided me. I wasn't sure of what direction to move in and all of this has helped tremendously! :D
GMAT Club Bot