Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:21 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [4]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [7]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16849 [1]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: EGMAT Quant VS TTP Quant for Q49-50?- [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi bb. Thanks for proving me right and a bunch of people wrong.

Context- This was being discussed on a group chat and everyone was like bb and GMATClub gets $$ from e-GMAT they will obviously delete this.
Somewhere I knew you would do the right thing ( I just developed an image like that about you by reading your posts haha) and you did address it and not censor it. Boom I was being ridiculed on the chat now I am proved right.

Thanks for taking the communities stand and calling out the wrong.

Its a request from a group of us to not delete this post, let the aspirants see the real picture and make a good call.

bb The screenshots posted is publicly available info and causing no harm to the mentioned people.
So I request you to not delete it and let the people see the real picture.

A lot of people have saved this thread and will start posting it on other forums and here as well which will Put this awesome forum and mod team who work so hard for our benefit in the bad light.

And prove the guys saying that 'GMATClub works in their partners favor not in the communities'.

As for Payal's reply - She is just loosing $$ so she is asking to clean up.
And if you care about your employees image, personal info etc.

Let me recall what your husband did -

Search - e-gmat-is-a-money-grab-with-terrible-customer-support

On the gmatclub forum and you'll know.

He posted a persons personal info, picture, name and threatened him to get fired on Facebook.
When the person asked for apology Rajat replied-

I want to let you know that the information that I posted was information that was publicly available through your Facebook profile, which any of the 20,000 members of GMAT Avengers could have gotten. All I had to do was google “Linkedin + your name + your city” to get it.
Now this does not undo the wrong on my part. Having said that, I recommend that you hide portions of your LinkedIn profile if you don’t want people to look you up through Google. Having said that, I recommend that you hide portions of your LinkedIn profile if you don’t want people to look you up through Google.

Type - 'e-gmat money grab' and you will see the post I am talking about.

Now tell your employees to take Rajats advice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
EGMAT Quant VS TTP Quant for Q49-50?- [#permalink]
Kudos
the question remains what should be done in order to prevent this from happening again. On GMAT CLUB there should remain some proof which remind everyone that E Gmat did this.

Originally posted by pinakinjsaojoij on 21 Jul 2022, 08:58.
Last edited by pinakinjsaojoij on 22 Jul 2022, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I starting going through TTPs quant missions and really appreciate how it breaks down the concepts so it’s digestible. I also liked the chapter tests which helps drill concepts. I feel like I finally have a path to a great score!

Posted from my mobile device
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 697 [6]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
EgmatQuantExpert wrote:
Dragoon088,

The crux of your argument is that e-GMAT has not delivered success. You have even gone on to imply that 2000 out of the 2400 reviews are not real. Since you have such excellent investigative skills, why don’t you prove your claim!

Fact - Since 2020, e-GMATers have posted upwards of 300 reviews.
I want you to prove that a mere 1% of those reviews are not real. For your effort, I would be happy to pay you $1000 if you find three reviews since 2020 that are not real.

Here is the definition of a real review:

1. It should be written by a unique real person.
2. That real person should be an e-GMAT student. They should have purchased a paid course.
3. The score mentioned in the review should be a real score.
4. The content of the reviews should be representative. For example, if the student has mentioned that they benefited from analytics then they should truly have benefitted from the same.

Again, given your claims, this should be a cakewalk for you. You have mentioned that 5 out of 6 reviews are fake. I am just asking you to prove that 1% are fake.

One more thing - many students who have given us a review are also on our YouTube channel. You can use that to verify the same. You would probably find ~100 out of the 300+ students there.

e-GMAT YouTube

Let me know what your findings are. You can share the same at rajat@e-gmat.com.

I don't think that's the crux of the argument. The crux of the argument is that it is disingenuous to have employees posting as though they are simply unbiased students. FWIW, I agree with that argument, and believe that marketing efforts should be transparent as such. Students are students and employees are employees; having either represent themselves as the other doesn't feel right.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [10]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
EGMAT Quant VS TTP Quant for Q49-50?- [#permalink]
Kudos
EgmatQuantExpert wrote:
The intent of my asking our students turned employees to provide their experience with the e-GMAT quant course to the original poster was simply so that he can see all the perspectives about the e-GMAT course and make the right decision about his prep. And in that pursuit, Rida, Srushti, and Akash upon being instructed by me posted their honest opinions on this thread.
I realized my mistake - I should have instructed them to add a disclaimer in their post - they started their journey with e-GMAT as students and are now e-GMAT employees.
And for this failure to have them add a disclaimer in their posts, I am truly sorry.

There is plenty wrong with this argument, almost to the point that it elicits eye rolls.

Whether someone has had positive experience with the test prep platform in the past becomes irrelevant once they are posting their opinions as employees, whose day job is to promote the platform and get more people to sign up in order to get their paycheck. Through no fault of their own, It is not so hard to conclude their honest opinions can never be objective or contain even a hint of negativity, with looming fear of retribution from the employer & thus obvious conflict of interest. Hence I do not see how one can try to sugarcoat the situation by saying that it would've been OKAY if they'd identified themselves as having affiliation with the company in the first place, since those opinions then would have no unique value as to those already expressed through the official company channel.

I also believe that this afterthought attempt to spin the situation makes no sense, since it's clear the posters had no intention to reveal their identity as affiliates. (some of the posts refer to e-gmat as 'they' and not 'we')

It is also important to realize the obvious reasons as to why Dragoon088 would've been tempted to investigate into those suspicious posts. Those opinions were unnaturally effusive about the platform, contained excessive company specific jargon and rather bizarrely, all three asked the post author to reach out to them for clarifications. In that sense the language used is almost indistinguishable from the one used on the official channel. An unbiased opinion would generally have good AND bad things to say about any platform. (I've personally have used your platform & there's plenty wrong with it, but that's ok, no platform is perfect)

Contrary to what might seem, I have no personal grudge against e-gmat and have no doubt that you have a decent platform. But I don't see the reason why you need three people sitting in the same room to make over-the-top effusive claims about your platform when you've already made your point through the official channel. If you believe your platform is good, just trust the community - people will provide their honest opinions & others will naturally gravitate towards you.

I think I speak for everyone complaining in this thread - The deeper theme here is that we would like to make sure that aspirants can make a precise decision as to which paid service is the best fit for them (Test prep or Admissions consulting), based on actual merits of each platform/service and not fall for the most aggressively marketed ones.

P.s. I speak from personal experience, because I believe I made the wrong decision to subscribe to a platform that had the most VISIBILITY (Reviews, ads, posts), and did not necessarily spend time on researching other available platforms that might have been a better fit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I would be writing the GMAT for the first time this year and of what i came across from multiple rooms and from a close friend who did use TTP for her GMAT preparation is that TTP has en excellent way for presenting the flow of information. This systematic and spread out approach helped my friend learn the concept better. The quants section of TTP seems to be well established for its reputation of being the best available source for GMAT. I did try the demo version of TTP and I personally will be buying the full version for sure and I am confident that TTP would help me build my score to a great extent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
This post is a solid advertisement for TTP. Kudos e-GMAT! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
WE:General Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Man what a thread lol.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Math Expert
92952 posts