Last visit was: 17 Jun 2024, 06:59 It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 06:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4156 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Schools: LBS Yale Booth
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Is self prep through all official materials enough? [#permalink]
The official guides are a good source for the basics you need.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
acorreia wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to get a 705+ by buying all the materials on GMAC's website (including: OG (+online question bank), practice bundle, all the mocks, and the advanced books (and their online question banks too). My idea was to do all the exercises (I will have an estimated 320+ hours to allocate to studying for the exam), bookmark/error log any wrong questions and explore them deeper as I go. Also planning to use the STREAKS method as suggested by Marty Murray on his website. Would this be enough from a material standpoint to achieve said score? It comes out cheaper than taking these prep programs as I can more easily split costs and share materials (except for mocks wwhich I plan on resetting and taking each twice) and I am afterall getting materials from the source.

Thanks for your attention!­

­Hey! I would say that yes it's possible and you should certainly start in that manner.Your resources list is quite comprehensive and you must start with OG and OG review guides. I would like to add Manhattan prep guides for RC and CR, they are totally awesome and will certainly help you strengthen your concepts. Have you already taken a diagnostic test? If not, please do take it before starting your preparation and analyze it well. Along with this, you should also build a daily/weekly/monthly schedule for your GMAT preparation.

Sharing couple of blogs for building a prep schedule and analyzing mock tests. Hope these will help you."Boost Your GMAT/GRE Scores: The Art of Analyzing Mock Tests"

"From Planning to Performance: 3 Months to GRE & GMAT Success"­
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4702 [0]
Given Kudos: 651
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
acorreia wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to get a 705+ by buying all the materials on GMAC's website (including: OG (+online question bank), practice bundle, all the mocks, and the advanced books (and their online question banks too). My idea was to do all the exercises (I will have an estimated 320+ hours to allocate to studying for the exam), bookmark/error log any wrong questions and explore them deeper as I go. Also planning to use the STREAKS method as suggested by Marty Murray on his website. Would this be enough from a material standpoint to achieve said score? It comes out cheaper than taking these prep programs as I can more easily split costs and share materials (except for mocks wwhich I plan on resetting and taking each twice) and I am afterall getting materials from the source.

Thanks for your attention!­

­Hi acorreia,

You may or may not need any material other than the official material available on mba.com. It really depends on your current skill level and your strengths/weaknesses. I suggest that you get started, and add more resources if and when you need to.
GMAT Club Bot