Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 16:32 It is currently 23 May 2024, 16:32
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  24   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I dont know what to think anymore. I mean do they have that many applicants and are they having that much of a hard time to decide? It will be quite cruel to make people like us wait down to the wire (since we handed in apps before deadline- which isnt really a deadline), and reject us.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got the email today. In.

Profile: GMAT 760, GPA 3.7/3.9 (under, grad) 8 yrs working experience, Engineer.

Applied on May 15th.

Washington SQ. Weekend Option.

Originally posted by aurora73 on 18 Jul 2007, 11:36.
Last edited by aurora73 on 18 Jul 2007, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
My buddy got waitlisted at 2:12 pm ET last Wednesday, FYI.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurora, congrats, but why didn't you try for a full time at an elite with a 760???
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
great - congrats Aurora....looks like this week its going in order and dealing with folks who applied on last day - May 15 with full docs....

next 1.5 wks will be the decision for folks who apps got completed after submission of additional docs ... really beginning to get annoyed with the adcom now....waiting since April 2 ! :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Microjohn -

Because it is getting too expensive with two-years forgone salary for full time. I did not want to get into huge debt for this. Plus at 34, I am getting too old for the full time.

Sometimes I am wondering though whether full time is a better option. I live about ~3 hours one way to the school so the commute for the next three or so years really sucks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurora-

First of all.. Congrats on your acceptance. If you want to do part time.. really there isnt a better place to do it. But with a 760 man what were you thinking? Apply to Harvard, Stanford, Penn, NW, an MBA from those Elite schools are the safest investments you can make. In any case.. good for you! BTW, haven't you heard? 30 is the new 20. There no such thing as too old to advance yourself and your career.

congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
And next 1.5 weeks will be for those who submitted applications in complete as well! (Unless they are yet to tell me that I'm missing a doc)

And unfortunately, it's not 1.5 weeks, it's exactly 2 weeks :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
so now that the Wednesday window is pretty much closed, should I not even waste time getting nervous until next Tuesday?

Is this Tues/Wed thing a trend or a rule?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations to the folks who've gotten accepted! Micro, the Tue+Wed days of reckoning are more the trend than the rule...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
micro -

i say just assume you will hear on Aug 1 :) that way - you cannot be disappointed....can't tell you how many times a day i stare at my blackberry HOPING that every new email on tues/wed is from nyu hehe
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Aurora.

I have been feeling the same way about the full time. I also have 3.5 hour commute - 1 way.

It will be rough.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I stare at my blackberry too, but I fear that I won't be able to access the link once I get the email!

I'm on the road for most of the day today, and I know that's how they'll get me...send me the email, I can't open the link, then I have to be extra anxious the whole time I'm away from a computer...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
congrats [#permalink]
congrats aurora. I have submitted completed app on apr 20. ofcourse my score's not good at all. But still hanging on hope.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Friday might be it. From what I've seen.. Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays, are the days people have been getting responses.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Jack -

here is the scoop...checked out BW forums...quite a number there have been waitlisted in late Jun/early Jul & been told they would hear back in Aug...now i m thinking to waitlist at this last stage wont make sense....so the bright side is...we get a Y or N response...and yea..speaking to current langone student (my buddy)...they have fixed days for notification..T, W, F sounds right...also he said the website gets updated 1/2 day or even 1 day sooner than the email notification! he was checking website more often than the email last year...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kingster,

were you asked for additional docs? I have not been notified anything is reqd and I submitted my complete app on april 20.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  24