Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 14:22 It is currently 18 May 2024, 14:22
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1683 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yup .. in the 6th phase after repeated dings !! ..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
LOL :lol: Lepium's post was pretty funny. Hopefully, it turns out well for all of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 320 [0]
Send PM
Re: The 7 phases of B-school application [#permalink]
lepium...what a great post!!!!

it seems that I am not the only crazy one out there...I am stuck at the stage 6 and am going through the same emotional roller coaster you all guys went through last year.

I got my first ding from cornell and now I am scared all the other three first round apps will be dinged :( I wish I had applied to more school...as Lepium said "university of Phoenix seems like a good option" :)

Reading these posts have freaked me out, I have a 700 in GMAT but now I don't think it's good enough... got to look for schools that still have second round deadline...

this is such a great forum...wish I had found it earlier...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I am at the "I don't want to be a part of any country club that will have me" stage. I get an admit, am happy about it and then start to think "if they accepted me, maybe the school isn't so great after all".
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1683 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Still in Phase 6 - Two schools have dinged me , they will ALL do that me :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Firmly, FIRMLY in the sixth phase, as we speak... :cry:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
To give some hope to everyone reading this post, most people go through the phases and end up at a pretty decent school (myself included), so don't despair. It'll all turn out right in the end.

L.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
hahahaha awsome! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Very funny :lol:

All of us seem to have similar experiences. I did actually go to Thunderbird website and wondered a the salaries
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LOL :lol:
i'm in the sixth phase too :cry: dinged :cry: from my round one schools :cry:

now waiting for 5 round two schools to show me some love
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
 Q48  V44
Send PM
6th phase (post application blues)

- Shoot, I won't get in anywhere. I mean look at the profiles of applicants! I should retake GMAT. My 700 is not enough. I should aim for 790+.

- Crap! Yale dinged me without interview! Ohmigod! If they did it, ANYONE can do it! THEY COULD ALL DO IT!

- I have an idea! I'll check which schools have rolling admissions and apply to those. I still have time!

- Suddenly University of Phoenix Online doesn't sound that bad.

- Why? Why? Why didn't apply to more backups? Why did I have to shake my interviewer's hand so firmly? Why didn't I coach my recommenders more thoroughly? I wonder what they've written. Probably nothing good. I wish I had submitted my app. a day earlier, that way I would have looked as a well organized person. I read that Kellogg dings all applicants above 28 years old who haven't made directors positions. Wait, is that a typo on my MIT essays? That's one school less, buddy. I'm soo doomed.

7th phase (endless joy)

- Hell yeah! I've made it! I've been admitted [dream school X] next year! I rule! I can't wait to get recruited by [dream employer]. When is admitted students weekend?

- 2nd admit! I rule!

- Should I go to [School X] with a 7k scholarship or to [School Y] with a 25 k scholarship?

- Work? What's work? Ah, right, that thing I'm supposed to be doing daily on weekdays from 9 to 5...

- I wonder whether spending this 150k makes sense after all...

- I'm so gonna get grilled at B-school! What if I mess up? I'd better start brushing up on some skills.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to propose edits or add-ons. After all, we're all together in this journey!

Cheers. L.

Now that m at the end of this process I fully understand what all this means. I had read this post a few months ago and didnt identify too much with it and was surprised at how this post became so popular. Now that I have been thru the entire process myself I understand and can exactly understand y this post is so gr8. I can particularly identify with the 6th step because I too was dinged by Yale without an interview and started thinkin that I wudnt get in anywhere. My target school was Foster which I was pretty confident of getting into but after the Yale ding I was scared as hell that i might not get in. Thanx for the gr8 post guys.
Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
This post is so great! I no longer feel alone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Mark4124 wrote:
Partner??? What happened to boyfriend? Does everything have to be in Cambridge speak?

Boyfriends are the boys I made out with my mom's car in high school. At this point in my life, I feel a bit beyond that designation. However, I find "the guy that I have committed my life and finances to but to whom I am not married because we both have serious doubts about the institution itself and are too lazy to bother anyway" is just too wordy.

If anyone has any recommendations, I am happy to take them under consideration.

Personally, I use the phrase "sugar momma" for my wife. :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Re: Re: [#permalink]
westsider wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
Mark4124 wrote:
Partner??? What happened to boyfriend? Does everything have to be in Cambridge speak?

Boyfriends are the boys I made out with my mom's car in high school. At this point in my life, I feel a bit beyond that designation. However, I find "the guy that I have committed my life and finances to but to whom I am not married because we both have serious doubts about the institution itself and are too lazy to bother anyway" is just too wordy.

If anyone has any recommendations, I am happy to take them under consideration.

Personally, I use the phrase "sugar momma" for my wife. :-D

Well, ndhlp has actually been promoted to my hausfrau. He's finishing his thesis and taking care of me. Laundry, cooking me breakfast, sometimes packing my lunch....I encourage all MBAs to find themselves a hausfrau before starting school. I's really a good idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jay02 wrote:

Reading these posts have freaked me out, I have a 700 in GMAT but now I don't think it's good enough... got to look for schools that still have second round deadline...

this is such a great forum...wish I had found it earlier...

Seems like the general consensus around here is that it's all about your GMAT score... Do you guys really believe that? I don't. It's the entire package. Letter's of recommendation and essays are HUGE, from what I've read. I'm going to be applying to Stanford's GSB, and speaking from their documentation, it's everything as a whole you're evaluated on and individually assessed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
mattk wrote:
Seems like the general consensus around here is that it's all about your GMAT score.

I have no idea what made you think that the general consensus here is that it's all about the GMAT score (well, except for the website name - GMATClub :roll: ). In fact, unlike the forum that should not be named, we very rarely ask people about their "stats". I think that the regular visitors of this site have a fair idea of what the schools want, and they don't blind themselves with merely the GMAT scores.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
mNeo is right, after the GMAT is done, you really notice that everything ELSE is more important for your application. There are a few "I got only 6XX, should I retake" type questions here and there, but most of the questions you see here are, "how do I get good recs, how do I convey this in my essay, etc..."
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8