Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 16:13 It is currently 01 May 2024, 16:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
Now, now, Let's walk away with some class.

Yes. At the end, Cornell picked the best applicants.

....But they must've lost our applications! :)

Originally posted by gmatclb on 10 Dec 2007, 14:24.
Last edited by gmatclb on 10 Dec 2007, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you for the support! If anyone happens to know of a fabulous job opportunity near South Bend, Indiana for a person with practically no work experience, hit me up! Thanks again!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
kidderek wrote:

Yes. At the end, Cornell picked the best applicants.

....But they must've lost our applications! :)

hahaha I'll be okay believing that.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83 wrote:
Thank you for the support! If anyone happens to know of a fabulous job opportunity near South Bend, Indiana for a person with practically no work experience, hit me up! Thanks again!

kavet,

I'll put it this way. You know that creepy guy who hits on every girl at the bar? You have to be that guy when looking for jobs. Don't be discouraged by not getting a callback, just keep plowing through.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
kavet83 wrote:

kavet,

I'll put it this way. You know that creepy guy who hits on every girl at the bar? You have to be that guy when looking for jobs. Don't be discouraged by not getting a callback, just keep plowing through.

Sweet! I've always wanted to be a creepy guy! Though that will require quite the expensive operation... ;) I must say, getting rejected by schools and then also not being able to get a job to save my life has been discouraging. Especially when I even applied at Target for seasonal help and heard nothing... But I'm just going to keep going, keep applying and hopefully keep bugging places about my applications.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet, maybe its time to start broadening your search. Depending on your degree you might be much better served by looking at jobs in bigger cities.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
kavet, maybe its time to start broadening your search. Depending on your degree you might be much better served by looking at jobs in bigger cities.

That is a fantastic idea and would probably be good to do, but I sort of feel obligated to stay in South Bend at least until this summer. I'm moving in with some friends and we already signed a contract. I figured I'd just be here until I started school so it wasn't a big deal. That's why I feel like I need to get a job here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
kidderek wrote:

Anyone else notice the three admits all have about 30 combined posts?

Yeah.. it's always like that... I'm not trying to be the police of posting, but it's always like that...

No posts... and then the 1st post is something like...

"770 Q51 V 48...Wow... So many people to thank....."

Second post...

"I got the call. Good luck everyone."

Peace.

I can understand how many of you get that impression. I am one of the admits to Cornell for R1, albeit to the AMBA program. I found gmatclub pretty recently & not surprisingly, through a few posts on BW forum. My 1st post here, if you checked, was on the 3rd. Since then, I have posted in Kellogg, Cornell & Ross threads, schools I've applied to in R1.

I started off with the application process pretty late having take the gmat only this August. I've been hanging out in bw since starting the application process. I wish I had found gmatclub earlier as it would've helped formulate some application strategies with the wealth of info from previous applicants.

While I haven't been successful at K (dinged within few hrs of Cornell admit), I can share whatever I know about Cornell & details about the interview process. I'll also post my profile sometime.

Cheers,
svrider
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi All,
I really feel sorry for those who have been dinged. I understand that it is very painful... :(

Has anyone from RII recieved an invite so far for an interview?

Thanks
Anshu
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
kidderek wrote:

Yeah.. it's always like that... I'm not trying to be the police of posting, but it's always like that...

Second post...

Peace.

I can see why this bothers you guys but it is sort of the nature of this site. If you look at the names at the top of the board at any given time, you wont recognize half of them. A lot of people lurk and use advice from the site but never participate or add anything to discussions. Yes it would be nice if they did but its a personal choice. Some people joined recently and late in the process, like svrider, and actively participate but just have begun...and some lurk for a long long time.

It takes a certain amount of courage in a way to post on here a lot during this process. Yes overall this is not a judgmental place, and we are all pulling for each other...and chances are you will only meet a few people off here in person ever in your life. But it is tough to put a lot into this place with no sure thing you will have success. No one ever wants to come here and post dings, look at admin411 and see how many people have unknown status...I am sure most of those are dings.

Its a lot easier for a person not to put themselves out there and to only post when they do very well. I have a lot of respect for our reapplicants this year who did not have success last year. That shows the level of their character and their commitment to going to b-school. I love reading about members who start posting, get a bad GMAT, keep on here and then nail it with a 700+. Same holds true when you read someone who gets 2 or 3 dings and then gets into a great school.

I dont know of any member last year who got into all their schools, maybe lepium but he ended up in HBS afterall. The same will hold true this year, maybe a couple regular posters will get into everyplace but chances are that no one will. I do hope that everyone gets into at least one of their schools, especially our reapplicants.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
anshugupta wrote:
Hi All,
I really feel sorry for those who have been dinged. I understand that it is very painful... :(

Has anyone from RII recieved an invite so far for an interview?

Thanks
Anshu

Ahhhh, time to let go and let the R2s take over the thread. Good luck folks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aau, just pmed you a question ..pls check. thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink]
svrider wrote:
gmatclb wrote:
kidderek wrote:

Second post...

Peace.

I can understand how many of you get that impression. I am one of the admits to Cornell for R1, albeit to the AMBA program. I found gmatclub pretty recently & not surprisingly, through a few posts on BW forum. My 1st post here, if you checked, was on the 3rd. Since then, I have posted in Kellogg, Cornell & Ross threads, schools I've applied to in R1.

I started off with the application process pretty late having take the gmat only this August. I wish I had found gmatclub earlier as it would've helped formulate some application strategies with the wealth of info from previous applicants.

While I haven't been successful at K (dinged within few hrs of Cornell admit), I can share whatever I know about Cornell & details about the interview process. I'll also post my profile sometime.

Cheers,
svrider

Hi svinder.. congrats. Yeah please do share Cornell details and your profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just got an interview invite today. Applied for R2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
baer wrote:

Congrats!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Baer,

When did you submit your application?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
When did you submit? When did it become "under review" and whats the status of your app now?

baer wrote:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  43