Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 06:56 It is currently 23 May 2024, 06:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing & General Management
Schools:University of Michigan - Ross 2010
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
GuyS thanks for all your quick two cents. :idea:

After clobos's clear explanation, it looks like there is no reason to look for any kind of structure. an interview is a good thing, if you are a gmatclubber (looks like) it's even a better thing!

This whole process made me borderline paranoid. I am trying to deduct a patternt from anything and everything.

Thanks for helping!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
I see R.E.D on the admitted students forum. Anyone else there?

I see dosa and saurabh.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
Hi manylander,

I have spent a lot of time thinking/analyzing about the invite patern of Ross and I have come to some similar conclusions as you. I think the poeple they interview first they either really like or have the most doubts about. For the early invites I think they look at a few data pointes such as GMAT, GPA, country of origin (for diversity), years of work experience, and company. And I also think that they have not read the essays yet.
Also, what I have noticed is that early admits who get interviewed by and adcom member are the ones who are the 'in trouble' ones, while early invites who interview with a student are from the group of the most favorite applicants. And it makes sense, because the adcom does not need a lot of reasurance for the best aplicants and therefore the adcom does not need to waste time interviewing them. But the adcom would sure like to know more about the 'in trouble' aplicants and therefore they interview these personaly :)
Also ... it is interesting how some people who got interviews got dinged at the end, while some poeple who did not even get an interview got waitlisted and terefore are still not out of the game :)
I have learned in life that nothing is ever random. And I am sure interview invites are not sent in random order :) there is some logic/pattern to it.... and I think the best/worst candidates get the invites first.... so let's hope we are in the best group :) .... I am hoping for an interview with a student! :)

manylander wrote:
Do you guys think being called early to an interview (within a week) means you are in the group they want to include or get rid of first?

I know three people (one outside this site) who have been called quickly for a R2 interview and all have 700+ GMATs. But I assume the rest who applied here are most, if not all, 700+ scorers. I think there is no way they can read through all the applications and call in the ones they liked. There's got to be something tied to GMAT in their method. That is the only solid part of the application that can yield a quick analysis. Reading the essays, recs, etc. will take forever.

My conclusion is that they call 700+ applicants which they are really in favor of or are likely to eliminate. This will give them a better grasp on available space for the rest of the pool.Once they are decided what to do with the outliers (good or bad) with 700+, they will continue on with the rest.

Or maybe it is totally geographical (Darden and I are from Europe, but this other dude I know with 760 is American, so here goes this theory)

Maybe some R1 people can share us their insights. Especially the ones interviewed early on.

Brainstorming time!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I'm on the admit site as well, but it shows my email address vs this screen name. Hint: I'm living in Washington, DC.
Current Student
Send PM
I found you. I think you responded to my post on the admit site, just now. :-D
skaballet wrote:
I'm on the admit site as well, but it shows my email address vs this screen name. Hint: I'm living in Washington, DC.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Applied thru the Consortium and got the ding from Ross today. Sucks mostly because I've been a HUGE fan of Michigan sports since birth (my Dad is from Detroit) and they can't repay the favor, lol.

This is all going over much better because of my Cornell admit. Gotta keep it in perspective.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
iamjoesargent wrote:
Applied thru the Consortium and got the ding from Ross today. Sucks mostly because I've been a HUGE fan of Michigan sports since birth (my Dad is from Detroit) and they can't repay the favor, lol.

This is all going over much better because of my Cornell admit. Gotta keep it in perspective.

Congrats on the Cornell admit! You can still cheer for THE BLUE while at Cornell. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
svrider -Ross does WL without an interview. Last year 'michiboy' over at b-week was in the same boat, WL in R1 without an interview. He got off the WL successfully later on.

Robin and svrider: You guys might want to get in touch with him- he is very helpful. You could also check out his blog https://www.rainierisms.com/ and look for posts with tag Waitlist. Good luck

THanks dosa_don. That was helpful. Do you think sending a supporting letter from a Ross Alumni whom I contacted during the admissions process would be helpful?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
I found you. I think you responded to my post on the admit site, just now. :-D
skaballet wrote:

Is this the google-group you guys are talking about? Did you sign in with your real names? I did. Dunno now if it was the right thing :lol: Still waiting approval for entering the group.
Current Student
Send PM
yes helg. It is the google site. I think your request will get approved by noon Wed, Ann Arbor time.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
helg wrote:
Is this the google-group you guys are talking about? Did you sign in with your real names? I did. Dunno now if it was the right thing :lol: Still waiting approval for entering the group.

If you use your real name in your e-mail address, your real name is pretty soon discoverable via researching your profile :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
R.E.D. wrote:
helg wrote:

If you use your real name in your e-mail address, your real name is pretty soon discoverable via researching your profile :)

LOL :lol: True. No point in playing hide'n'seek.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 266 [0]
Send PM
I'm in the loop now with the google group.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Does the tuition at Michigan get reduced for the second year? Just trying to get a school budget in place.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
I dont think so. I think it is the same for the both years ~ $45k right?

Has anyone received the admit binder yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 266 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
I dont think so. I think it is the same for the both years ~ $45k right?

Has anyone received the admit binder yet?

Nope, no admit package yet...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50  ...  104