Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 03:53 It is currently 23 May 2024, 03:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 [#permalink]
Thanks Neo- that definitely helps! :)

Are there any updates to your deferral? Did you talk to the adcom? Wish you luck with that, and am sure you will make it :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
I just now got an email from the school saying that they got my email and have matched it with my application. Hopefully they should give me a final decision in the next few weeks. I hope they aren't waiting for your interview result to compare our profiles :roll:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
All the best dosa
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Best of luck to both of you guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Seriously, dosa, mNeo, I am pulling for you and sending good vibes your way...
Current Student
Send PM
Oh well. The alum just pushed back the interview by a week- so it is going to be NEXT Sunday. Was hoping to get the whole thing wrapped and get the decision quick but seems like it is going to be prolonged.

2+ weeks between invite and the actual interview- that seems like a LONNGGG time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Sorry to hear that dosa. That sounds like frustration squared but hey you will pull through! So no worries.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Guys, I just submitted my Columbia RD application for 2008 :roll: I know I stand no chance this late (esp. being from India), so really my hope is for increasing my chances if I apply again next year :)

Goodluck dosa for your interview and thanks for the help on my essays :thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Complete heart failure just now. Got an email saying that my application status had changed. Logged onto the website with trembling fingers, only to read that an interview request could come at any time, and that it would be about 12 weeks until a final decision was made. Urghhhhhhh....
Current Student
Send PM
uphillclimb wrote:
Complete heart failure just now. Got an email saying that my application status had changed. Logged onto the website with trembling fingers, only to read that an interview request could come at any time, and that it would be about 12 weeks until a final decision was made. Urghhhhhhh....

Welcome to the F5 club. Hang in there. It might not necessarily take 12 weeks. You have a strong, unique profile that will definitely grab Columbia's attention. So, if you played your cards right an interview will come sooner than you expect.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
djhouse81 wrote:
uphillclimb wrote:

Welcome to the F5 club. Hang in there. It might not necessarily take 12 weeks. You have a strong, unique profile that will definitely grab Columbia's attention. So, if you played your cards right an interview will come sooner than you expect.

Thanks for the kind words, dj. Let's hope you are right...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
djhouse81 wrote:
uphillclimb wrote:

Assuming things go well, should an interview and acceptance be within 12 weeks or are they only referring to an interview being rendered within 12 weeks?

Cheers,
RG
Current Student
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
djhouse81 wrote:
uphillclimb wrote:

Assuming things go well, should an interview and acceptance be within 12 weeks or are they only referring to an interview being rendered within 12 weeks?

Cheers,
RG

They will give you notification within 12 weeks, which means you will here something (i.e. interview, WL, ding, etc) within that time frame. However, you could be asked to interivew on 12 weeks to the day, in which case you would hear the final word after 12 weeks--but not long after. I don't think this happens too often. If they want to interview you, they usually notify those people well-within 12 weeks. But, there are anomalies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Could Columbia please stop giving me false hope! After a day of restraint I nervously check my email and see a message from "apply". Immediately excited, I see the subject line says "Business Week article on Columbias CaseWorks initiative"

Can't they send fun facts under a different email address?!?!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
casbroker wrote:
Could Columbia please stop giving me false hope! After a day of restraint I nervously check my email and see a message from "apply". Immediately excited, I see the subject line says "Business Week article on Columbias CaseWorks initiative"

Can't they send fun facts under a different email address?!?!

LOLOLOL
I am SO with you on that...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know of people getting dinged by Columbia yet? So far the B-week forum seems to have results from people getting interviews and acceptances. Do you think they take the full 12 weeks to ding?
Current Student
Send PM
casbroker wrote:
Does anyone know of people getting dinged by Columbia yet? So far the B-week forum seems to have results from people getting interviews and acceptances. Do you think they take the full 12 weeks to ding?

In the past, they have taken 12 weeks for both interviews and dings. Just hang in there. They read many apps 2-3 times before they request an interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  42