Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
Even I did that. I had sent in an email to the adcom asking them of this and they said it would be OK to submit it while on campus even though it was a Saturday.
You might want to double check ahead of time, especially if your interview is on a Saturday.

There was at least one person in the adcom office when I was at the Harper center and I handed it off to her. Joanne (the person in charge of financial aid advised me to do so)

Good Luck!

pandeyrav wrote:
Is it possible to drop off your official transcript when interviewing on campus or is it better to mail it to the admissions office ? What have people done so far ?

Originally posted by kk.iyer on 18 Feb 2008, 14:20.
Last edited by kk.iyer on 18 Feb 2008, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just curious to know if the GSB interview is a make-or-break deal or just another data point...

I would tend to agree with NC in that it could be a weeding out process. However, I also overheard a student mentioning some crazy facts like only 100 admits going out in round one etc.
Dunno how true that is but if it is...I would assume there should be many more invites/admits to go.

Any thoughts???????

Rhyme....could that be true?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
kk.iyer wrote:
Just curious to know if the GSB interview is a make-or-break deal or just another data point...

I would tend to agree with NC in that it could be a weeding out process. However, I also overheard a student mentioning some crazy facts like only 100 admits going out in round one etc.
Dunno how true that is but if it is...I would assume there should be many more invites/admits to go.

Any thoughts???????

LOL who said 100 people were admitted in round 1? I can't do a search in the community directory for "incoming students", but anyone who was admitted in round 1 can. Ask one of them to. Its not exact (transfers and other things show up too), but it gives you a rough idea.

I assure you that far more than 100 were admitted. Even with 80% yield, which is probably high, that would only be 80 people attending. Considering that traditionally R1 applications are usually the strongest, I'd expect to see at least 1/3 of admits in R1, if not more (considering R3 is usually small). Assuming this year is like last year, I believe there were about 300 or so people in the community directory in R1 last year.

Also, Interview is not make or break.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
kk.iyer wrote:

Any thoughts???????

LOL who said 100 people were admitted in round 1? I can't do a search in the community directory for "incoming students", but anyone who was admitted in round 1 can. Ask one of them to. Its not exact (transfers and other things show up too), but it gives you a rough idea.

I assure you that far more than 100 were admitted. Even with 80% yield, which is probably high, that would only be 80 people attending. Considering that traditionally R1 applications are usually the strongest, I'd expect to see at least 1/3 of admits in R1, if not more (considering R3 is usually small). Assuming this year is like last year, I believe there were about 300 or so people in the community directory in R1 last year.

looking at the community directory it looks like 300+ admits in R1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
What is Chicago GSB's yield (on average)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was shocked too.. I don't remember the name (Nupur do you ?, the guy we met at the cafeteria...?)
He said something like they'd probably be looking for 300 more given that "100" number for R1.

Dabots...thanks for looking it up. Helps clarify things a lot...

Also, it is comforting to know that the interviews are not make or break. In fact I looked up the chat transcripts from the GSb site and found this....

Rose: The slides are very helpful as we finalize decisions, but play a very small role in the first point evaluation - at the point of the invitation to interview.
If the adcom goes by what Rose says...the slides will play an important part.

In any case, the long wait has now begun... 37 odds days to go. Is there any chance that they might start sending decisions ahead of March 26th?

dabots wrote:
rhyme wrote:
kk.iyer wrote:

Any thoughts???????

looking at the community directory it looks like 300+ admits in R1
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I can assure that it was more than 100, from an e-mail I received from Rose, they admitted around 7 Brazilians including me, it wasn't an e-mail telling that, it was a scholarship institution for Brazilian and I could see 7 addresses.

Considering that they admit around 14 every year - which is around the 3% band GSB has for us, hehehe - I'd say that they already admitted around 250 students.

I may be wrong, but only 100 with 7 Brazilians, would be too many Brazilians for diversity... just that...

Hahaha I know I can assure but I may be wrong :shock:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
grap wrote:
What is Chicago GSB's yield (on average)?

Its not published. The last known figure I think was 67%, from a few years ago on BW. I would imagine that its probably a bit higher with the rank and all. Whatever it is, its likely somewhere in the 65 to 75 range, on par with Wharton and Kellogg and other similarly ranked schools.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Just wanted to let people know that I have an interview!! Needless to say I'm delighted. I have to admit I was starting to lose hope.

I would like to thank all the contributors to this forum, you've all helped me immensely. I certainly wouldn't have made it without you. I'll obviously post a transcript of my interview as soon as I get through it.

Thanks again to everybody.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
For those who went through this in Rd1, did anyone receive an interview invite within the last two days? That would leave the rest of us with some hope for Tues and Wed.

Thanks,
RG
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
For those who went through this in Rd1, did anyone receive an interview invite within the last two days? That would leave the rest of us with some hope for Tues and Wed.

Thanks,
RG

I did, I did, I did...

So please keep fighting!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
kwam .. at present, what's the likelihood of you going to Chicago vs MIT? I remember that it was 60% Chicago vs 40% MIT, right?
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
kwam .. at present, what's the likelihood of you going to Chicago vs MIT? I remember that it was 60% Chicago vs 40% MIT, right?

Neo, there are days that I'm MIT, there are days I'm GSB. I just don't like looking to the weather report here and see a -17 degrees Celsius of maximum (MAN THAT'S COLD). Today it was a GSB day, I talked to many GSB alumni and they encouraged me even to stop working right now :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Anyway, I'm going to US, I have a close buddy who's living in Milwaukee, and I will take my decision, I know I can't do wrong with neither of them but right now I think I'm heading to the C city. But still MIT sounds like a non stopping bell in my head...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
kwam wrote:
mNeo wrote:

Neo, there are days that I'm MIT, there are days I'm GSB. I just don't like looking to the weather report here and see a -17 degrees Celsius of maximum (MAN THAT'S COLD). Today it was a GSB day, I talked to many GSB alumni and they encouraged me even to stop working right now :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Anyway, I'm going to US, I have a close buddy who's living in Milwaukee, and I will take my decision, I know I can't do wrong with neither of them but right now I think I'm heading to the C city. But still MIT sounds like a non stopping bell in my head...

BLASPHEMY! You should be lucky for me to forgive you for such you for such insolence! How dare you not bow down to our shared one true savior, Dean Stacey Kole? Nay, for you have strayed my little one, you have strayed against the light of salvation and truth and plunged into the darkness of ignorance and futility. My people and I can show you the true way, the way of the prophet Eugene Fama, and bring light where there was once darkness. Truth where there was once lies. Happiness where there was one Sadness.

Join us oh weak one, for he who joins the masters of the universe, shall forever prevent Skeletor from reaching the Almighty +9 Mana Sword Of Damnation. It is not too late for you, nay - for the power of the kingdom and the bonus points in the hidden chest in Alzeron provide us with the strength to save thee.

Repent now for your sins, cleanse your body of these impure and demonic thoughts and join the powers that be.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
ROFL @ Rhyme's venti quadruple expresso induced post.

Rhyme, if you ever have some free time, come over to Time Square and stand with the other preachers and feed us the truth! I think you'll totally blend in - even with the He-Man references. :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
If you don't pick Chicago, your soul'll burn in hell

ha ha ha! Genuis, I tell you...pure genius!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Good luck to those who are still waiting. Hold out hope!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  89   90   91   92   93  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts