Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:03 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing & General Management
Schools:University of Michigan - Ross 2010
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
Darden...

A 5 letter palindrome is what you need to sleep, relax and forget about time : XANAX... :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
manylander wrote:
Darden...

A 5 letter palindrome is what you need to sleep, relax and forget about time : XANAX... :lol:

No thanks I don't do drugs

and also, not eating and not speeping is good for me since I am overweight for European standards :)
hmmm ... but I am hot for USA standards probably :) so I can start eating again in a week :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing & General Management
Schools:University of Michigan - Ross 2010
 Q47  V44
Send PM
U.S. standards indeed... I am 6'2" and came here 175 lbs, went up to 220 and now back down to 190. Eating is so easy here...
:yes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q47  V36
Send PM
Does anybody expect to receive decisions from Monday. I want to know when begin to carry my mobile phone with me 24 hours a day.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
Shared Folders wrote:
I want to know when begin to carry my mobile phone with me 24 hours a day.

What about when you are in the 'john'? Are you going to wear it around your neck?! :) KIDDING! Ok seriously, I expect the calls to go out starting Wednesday. Good luck to you (and me)!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please wake me up when the results are in. I am going into hibernation, with my cellphone ofcourse!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Ok, apparently I am a moron. Can anyone tell me where I mail my official transcripts to? Do I just send them to the admissions office? Why is it so hard to find this info on their website, you would think it would be on the admitted students portal at least.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
bherronp- we dont need to send them yet right? Only if you decide to matriculate? Have you decided to matriculate at Ross?

bherronp wrote:
Ok, apparently I am a moron. Can anyone tell me where I mail my official transcripts to? Do I just send them to the admissions office? Why is it so hard to find this info on their website, you would think it would be on the admitted students portal at least.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Look what I found on the international students web page of UMich

"Since January 22, 2008, anyone applying for a Michigan driver's license or State ID card has been required to present proof of U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency (green card). On February 15, 2008, Governor Granholm signed legislation that will remove this requirement. It is not yet clear how quickly rules will be written and adopted to implement this new legislation. "

so... no wonder the economy of the state of Michigan is doing bad ... when morons run the state :)

and this is what I found on Associated Press about the issue:
"Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land changed state policy to deny the licenses in late January, based on her interpretation of an opinion from Attorney General Mike Cox."
Current Student
Send PM
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.

Well I have an OH license which I can use for about 2-3 yrs more, so I should be fine :)

Darden2010 wrote:
Look what I found on the international students web page of UMich

"Since January 22, 2008, anyone applying for a Michigan driver's license or State ID card has been required to present proof of U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency (green card). On February 15, 2008, Governor Granholm signed legislation that will remove this requirement. It is not yet clear how quickly rules will be written and adopted to implement this new legislation. "

so... no wonder the economy of the state of Michigan is doing bad ... when morons run the state :)

and this is what I found on Associated Press about the issue:
"Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land changed state policy to deny the licenses in late January, based on her interpretation of an opinion from Attorney General Mike Cox."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Most states require that you have a SSN OR you can prove that you are not able to get a SSN, or in other words you need to get some letter from the immigration authority. But anyways... this is a stupid rule not a preventive rule because and the legals are not allowed to drive (an elementary human right) :) and Mich is the only state with such law :), but they have realized their mistake since they are already trying to change it.

Also, you can have a SSN without an H1 visa :) I have a SSN and the only type of visa I have ever had was F1, but I got my SSN because I worked on-campus at my undergrad.

dosa_don wrote:
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.
Current Student
Send PM
You can get your SSN if you work as a student. Thats how I got mine as well :) While I dont deny that it is a pretty stupid rule, all that I am saying is that it is just ONE of the worst of the stupid rules you find all over (especially for us internationals).

Darden2010 wrote:
Most states require that you have a SSN OR you can prove that you are not able to get a SSN, or in other words you need to get some letter from the immigration authority. But anyways... this is a stupid rule not a preventive rule because and the legals are not allowed to drive (an elementary human right) :) and Mich is the only state with such law :), but they have realized their mistake since they are already trying to change it.

Also, you can have a SSN without an H1 visa :) I have a SSN and the only type of visa I have ever had was F1, but I got my SSN because I worked on-campus at my undergrad.

dosa_don wrote:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General,
Schools:Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
 Q50  V41
WE 1: 5
Send PM
All you need to get an SSN is the eligibility to work (part-time or full-time). You do not actually need to have a job. Thats how I got mine in my first semester of MS.

dosa_don wrote:
You can get your SSN if you work as a student. Thats how I got mine as well :) While I dont deny that it is a pretty stupid rule, all that I am saying is that it is just ONE of the worst of the stupid rules you find all over (especially for us internationals).

Darden2010 wrote:

dosa_don wrote:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
bherronp- we dont need to send them yet right? Only if you decide to matriculate? Have you decided to matriculate at Ross?

bherronp wrote:

Oh, ok. That makes me feel better. I was concerned that I was not doing something.
I am still waiting to hear from GSB before I make any decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Less than five days to go; according to some, calls should start to go out any time this now. I can't bear to wait another hour. :x
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I took my cell phone to aerobics tonight :)
While other people had water next to their mats I had my cell phone ... waiting for that call that might never come :(

Anyways... one thing is for sure, I was wrong with my March 10th prediction about the first day for the calls ... it is already like 4pm March 10th :(
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V36
Send PM
I have today received admit letter from... oh not Ross, but IESE. :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74  ...  104