GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 324
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 16:39
Darden2010 wrote:
toDoorNot wrote:
Darden.. did u apply to Ross via the consortium?


no, why? consortium people get called first?

Ok than I will call Ross now and tell them I want to apply via the consortium, because I cannot take the wait any more !!! I want to know what will happen with me next year !!!


My bad.. i think i mixed you with someone else. Consortium does have different rounds and different decision dates. I think i saw some results declared for the Dec round of consortium.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2008, 22:02
And time goes by soo slowly.... (to be sung in the tune of 'Unchained Melody')
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2008, 08:37
almost exactly one more week before the decision (7days 6 hours 10 minutes)
In one week some of us will be winners, some of us will be losers, but one thing is for sure :) The world will not be the same again :!: :!: :!:

How is everyone feeling :?:
I cannot sleep, I cannot eat, and I wish for the stars ...
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 185
Schools: University of Michigan - Ross 2010
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2008, 09:02
Darden...

A 5 letter palindrome is what you need to sleep, relax and forget about time : XANAX... :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2008, 09:15
manylander wrote:
Darden...

A 5 letter palindrome is what you need to sleep, relax and forget about time : XANAX... :lol:


No thanks I don't do drugs

and also, not eating and not speeping is good for me since I am overweight for European standards :)
hmmm ... but I am hot for USA standards probably :) so I can start eating again in a week :)
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 185
Schools: University of Michigan - Ross 2010
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2008, 12:56
U.S. standards indeed... I am 6'2" and came here 175 lbs, went up to 220 and now back down to 190. Eating is so easy here...
:yes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2008, 23:46
Does anybody expect to receive decisions from Monday. I want to know when begin to carry my mobile phone with me 24 hours a day.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 02:41
Shared Folders wrote:
I want to know when begin to carry my mobile phone with me 24 hours a day.

What about when you are in the 'john'? Are you going to wear it around your neck?! :) KIDDING! Ok seriously, I expect the calls to go out starting Wednesday. Good luck to you (and me)!
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 12:29
Please wake me up when the results are in. I am going into hibernation, with my cellphone ofcourse!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 589
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 12:42
Ok, apparently I am a moron. Can anyone tell me where I mail my official transcripts to? Do I just send them to the admissions office? Why is it so hard to find this info on their website, you would think it would be on the admitted students portal at least.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 13:29
bherronp- we dont need to send them yet right? Only if you decide to matriculate? Have you decided to matriculate at Ross?

bherronp wrote:
Ok, apparently I am a moron. Can anyone tell me where I mail my official transcripts to? Do I just send them to the admissions office? Why is it so hard to find this info on their website, you would think it would be on the admitted students portal at least.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 13:51
Look what I found on the international students web page of UMich

"Since January 22, 2008, anyone applying for a Michigan driver's license or State ID card has been required to present proof of U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency (green card). On February 15, 2008, Governor Granholm signed legislation that will remove this requirement. It is not yet clear how quickly rules will be written and adopted to implement this new legislation. "

so... no wonder the economy of the state of Michigan is doing bad ... when morons run the state :)

and this is what I found on Associated Press about the issue:
"Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land changed state policy to deny the licenses in late January, based on her interpretation of an opinion from Attorney General Mike Cox."
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 14:07
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.

Well I have an OH license which I can use for about 2-3 yrs more, so I should be fine :)




Darden2010 wrote:
Look what I found on the international students web page of UMich

"Since January 22, 2008, anyone applying for a Michigan driver's license or State ID card has been required to present proof of U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency (green card). On February 15, 2008, Governor Granholm signed legislation that will remove this requirement. It is not yet clear how quickly rules will be written and adopted to implement this new legislation. "

so... no wonder the economy of the state of Michigan is doing bad ... when morons run the state :)

and this is what I found on Associated Press about the issue:
"Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land changed state policy to deny the licenses in late January, based on her interpretation of an opinion from Attorney General Mike Cox."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 14:13
Most states require that you have a SSN OR you can prove that you are not able to get a SSN, or in other words you need to get some letter from the immigration authority. But anyways... this is a stupid rule not a preventive rule because and the legals are not allowed to drive (an elementary human right) :) and Mich is the only state with such law :), but they have realized their mistake since they are already trying to change it.

Also, you can have a SSN without an H1 visa :) I have a SSN and the only type of visa I have ever had was F1, but I got my SSN because I worked on-campus at my undergrad.

dosa_don wrote:
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.

_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 14:30
You can get your SSN if you work as a student. Thats how I got mine as well :) While I dont deny that it is a pretty stupid rule, all that I am saying is that it is just ONE of the worst of the stupid rules you find all over (especially for us internationals).


Darden2010 wrote:
Most states require that you have a SSN OR you can prove that you are not able to get a SSN, or in other words you need to get some letter from the immigration authority. But anyways... this is a stupid rule not a preventive rule because and the legals are not allowed to drive (an elementary human right) :) and Mich is the only state with such law :), but they have realized their mistake since they are already trying to change it.

Also, you can have a SSN without an H1 visa :) I have a SSN and the only type of visa I have ever had was F1, but I got my SSN because I worked on-campus at my undergrad.

dosa_don wrote:
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Posts: 156
Schools: Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
WE 1: 5
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2008, 18:05
All you need to get an SSN is the eligibility to work (part-time or full-time). You do not actually need to have a job. Thats how I got mine in my first semester of MS.

dosa_don wrote:
You can get your SSN if you work as a student. Thats how I got mine as well :) While I dont deny that it is a pretty stupid rule, all that I am saying is that it is just ONE of the worst of the stupid rules you find all over (especially for us internationals).


Darden2010 wrote:
Most states require that you have a SSN OR you can prove that you are not able to get a SSN, or in other words you need to get some letter from the immigration authority. But anyways... this is a stupid rule not a preventive rule because and the legals are not allowed to drive (an elementary human right) :) and Mich is the only state with such law :), but they have realized their mistake since they are already trying to change it.

Also, you can have a SSN without an H1 visa :) I have a SSN and the only type of visa I have ever had was F1, but I got my SSN because I worked on-campus at my undergrad.

dosa_don wrote:
I dont think Michigan is the only state with such strict rules when it comes to licenses. Nowadays most states require you to have a SSN before you get a license. You can get a SSN only when you get paid for working, requiring you to have a H1 visa (I think B-school students should be able to get it). So it is quite difficult to get a license but to the states defense, it is aimed to preventing some level of licenses to illegal immigrants.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 589
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2008, 09:00
dosa_don wrote:
bherronp- we dont need to send them yet right? Only if you decide to matriculate? Have you decided to matriculate at Ross?

bherronp wrote:
Ok, apparently I am a moron. Can anyone tell me where I mail my official transcripts to? Do I just send them to the admissions office? Why is it so hard to find this info on their website, you would think it would be on the admitted students portal at least.


Oh, ok. That makes me feel better. I was concerned that I was not doing something.
I am still waiting to hear from GSB before I make any decisions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2008, 09:27
Less than five days to go; according to some, calls should start to go out any time this now. I can't bear to wait another hour. :x
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2008, 13:56
I took my cell phone to aerobics tonight :)
While other people had water next to their mats I had my cell phone ... waiting for that call that might never come :(

Anyways... one thing is for sure, I was wrong with my March 10th prediction about the first day for the calls ... it is already like 4pm March 10th :(
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2008, 19:55
I have today received admit letter from... oh not Ross, but IESE. :P
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... &nbs [#permalink] 10 Mar 2008, 19:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  70   71   72   73   74  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.