Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:22 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
There are some other brilliant ones there too. This is even better than fuquavision :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Love the Wizard of Oz one:

"I used to be a banker, I'm here to find a heart" LOL !!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Somewhere, I have one of rose singing opera from her days at Wharton.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Economics, Finance, Farm and Ranch Management
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Hello all,
I just submitted my R3 app late last night. I'm new to the board, but I'll admit I've been lurking about for a couple of months. So I've appreciated everyone's helpful input...thanks.

Do any of you have a feel for how many slots are left in R3? I'm realistic about my chances--I think it's a long-shot--but in considering my opportunity cost, round 3 was better than next year.

My GMAT is decent (760), Grades are very good from State U (nothing prestigious). My work experience is not the usual--I started a business with my brother during high school, spent a few years building that before cramming college into about 2.5 years while still working. Now I do business analyis and accounting for a Chicago construction-industry company.

I guess there are other boards to post one's profile so I'll stop with that. I will say that if I get in, it probably won't be on the strenth of my PowerPoint [wry grin].

Good luck to the R2 folks. Look forward to getting to know you all (or "youse guys" as they say around here).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
For those who missed this morning's chat with Rose..She gave some interesting insights into what happens post interview..the role PPT's play...R1 WLs...R2 decisions...
It's all there..cheers

I've got the transcripts but cannot upload it because of access issues...Anyone willing to help?
I guess the transcripts will be up on the GSB site tomorrow anyways...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
OK here's the gist... I've tried to pick a few pertinent Q's

sks__Guest_: Hi Admission Team - I'm going to ask the question that is on every R2 applicant's mind - when can we expect to have a decision made, and how will we be notified?
Rose: We will be releasing Round 2 decisions on Wednesday, March 26 at 9:00 a.m. (Central). Decisions will be released through your online admissions account. We may begin calling earlier that week, but that all depends upon how quickly we can get through our work.

G-483224140__Guest_: I had a question regarding admission. Is there a chance we might be able to get the decisions before the 03/31 deadline?
Rose: Unfortunately, we will not be able to release Round 2 decisions prior to March 26. We tried, but we were not able to swing it.

jayant_das__Guest_: Hey Rose, question on the R1 waitlist. I heard WL candidates who are admitted might get notified well before Mar 26. So, have any Santa Claus calls started going out yet to R1 Waitlisted candidates :))
Rose: No Santa Claus calls yet. I'm hoping that if I'm lucky, some Santa Claus calls to the waitlist will go out towards the end of next week. I'll definitely keep the waitlisted folks apprised of our timing.

KK__Guest_: Hi Rose..how important on a relative scale would you rate the interview. Is it true that the interview will not make but can break one's case?
Rose: The interview is one additional evaluation point conducted by someone who knows the GSB well, but not you (the interviewer has just your resume). The interview report will be taken back to the full file and then sent out for an additional two evaluations before a final decision is made.

G-407133156__Guest_: Hello, how do the R2 applicants look so far?
Rose: Terrific! We're having a hard (and wonderful) time narrowing our choices of students to be admitted this round. It's an awesome group, and I hope you'll be impressed with your future classmates.

zeus_kris__Guest_: Rose, i'm an applicant fro Round 2, who interviewed.When can we expect the decisions to be released at the earliest? Do you have any specific date to share? Will it be released 2 weeks prior similar to Round 1?
Rose: Unfortunately, we will not be able to release Round 2 decisions earlier than March 26. Just too many great applicants to review!

zeus_kris__Guest_: Regarding decisions, does the R1 waitlisted applicants will come to know about their decisions before 03/26 ? And what is the % increase in the R2 interviewees compared to last year, and how that will affect the number of students admitted in Round 2? Thanks.
Rose: We're hoping to release waitlist decisions a bit earlier than March 26. I'll communicate that timing directly to the waitlist once we've confirmed our process. We had a strong group of applicants in Round 2 but we're about on par with last year in terms of the number invited to interview. As for how many we may admit, it's too early to tell. It will be a "good" number, though.

zeus_kris__Guest_: Are interviews considered as an eliminating factor or is considered as an input alongside with the entire application?. Thanks.
Joanne: The latter; interviews are another piece of data to add to your file in assisting the Admissions Committee in making final decisions. It's a great chance for us to get to know you in person and can be a useful tool in the process, as well as allowing applicants to ask any questions about the GSB they might have as well.

pankaj_poddar__Guest_: Hey Rose, one more question on R2 admits. Is it possible that some candidates who are admitted might not receive the phone call till Mar 26 9a.m? Or do you absolutely call the admitted students before the deadline?
Rose: While we try to reach everyone in the days leading up to the release date, we are not always successful especially for candidates scattered around the globe.

kingKREEP__Guest_: Rose, what role does/did the PPT play in your evaluation? I read somewhere that you guys were playing close attention to it only AFTER the interview....
Rose: Our initial evaluations (pre-interview) focused much more on the traditional components of your application, though we did read and review the powerpoints. After the interview, the powerpoint plays a big role in filling in the blanks of what else (how well rounded, what are the students values, sense of self, etc.). This is one of my favorite parts of the application.

sks__Guest_: what does the admissions process look like post interview?
Eddie: After the interview is completed, only the staff reviews the comments from the interview report and we review your file once again. We head to committee, review files with Rose and a decision is made.

smilinj28__Guest_: Hi Rose. After R2 candidates get interviewed, what are the next steps and who are the decision makers in the final decision process?
Rose: After your interview, the report is submitted to the office and then put into your file for further consideration. The next review is done by one of our associate directors, and then is passed on to me for final decision. There are quite a few files that will land in committee where a team of my staff will continue their deliberations.

Rose: Thank you so much for joining us this morning. For those waiting for Round 2 decisions -- it will not be too much longer. For our waitlist folks -- look for an e-mail from me early next week, and for those applying in Round 3, good luck with putting the finishing touches on your application. Have a great day!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Aww... I'm gonna be in cozumel when the decisions hit... I guess I'll have to come back that Thursday and find out!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Chat transcript, KK just PM'd it to me !
Attachments

GSB Transcript.doc [80 KiB]
Downloaded 89 times

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Well, all the best to all the R2ers. Let's hope that a lot of us make it into the GSB-land.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
after having seen thousands of GSB videos some good, some not so good, i am heavily invested into GSB now. If they ding me now, its gonna hurt bad.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
ughhh. I was hoping when I checked in here this evening - I'd see everyone cheering as GSB decided to move up the decision date during the morning chat.

Oh well...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
The 26th is close guys...hang tight!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
kwam wrote:
2 hours later at 8.30PM I went to the RockIt bar to gather with rhyme and other admitted and current students, and later we went to Max Bar, were until 1.30 (once again :P ) I partied...

Ahhh, Max Bar... Definetly a place to hit if you are a single guy in the spring and summer. DePaul undergrads, mmmmmm :lol:.

Glad to hear you guys had a great time over the weekend, has anyone else formally decided to matriculate?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
kk.iyer wrote:
OK here's the gist... I've tried to pick a few pertinent Q's

Kudos! iyer
good stuff
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
quick question guys. the final decision is to be released on the 26th. i just realized that i need to submit an official transcript (done 5 min ago). it should arrive on monday at the latest, if not tomorrow. i don't think there is any need to worry about this impacting my decision, but i just wanted to check with ya'll in case i missed something (a week should be plenty of time for the adcom to match up my transcript and decide about me, correct?). the other schools i interviewed with don't require an official transcript until after acceptance and somehow i overlooked it for chicago. thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  102   103   104   105   106  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts