Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
mehrotra wrote:
Hi SilverTT94 ,

would you be doing the summer intensive?
Have you been offered any financial aid?
Pls share.

mehrotra i am going to summer intensive. i haven't heard back from usc about anything financial so i have no clue regarding financial aid. "no info available" is all i see :cry:

knight08: the grad students that i spoke with both said that the majority of the summer intensive students dorm at usc for the summer and then branch off to off campus apts during the regular school year. i definitely want summer housing and have applied (but haven't heard back).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those who have been accepted and have the material can someone give me the ending date of the summer program and the beginning date of the regular school year?

thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bparker: How long did it take you to receive an acceptance? any financial aid offered?

squigglylines : share your interview experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mehrotra - since you ask so many questions, can you answer mine?

why usc? why accounting? do you want to work for a big 4? how much financial aid have you received? do you have to take summer intensive? what was your gmat? what was your gpa? what do you think about cathy? do you think she's hot? what do you think about the future of accounting? what did you wear to the interview? how was traffic on the 110 on interview day? if you're not from l.a., did you stay in a cheap or expensive hotel? what will you do during your spare time? do you like sc football? do you consider yourself a people person or number person?

please share! please share!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow....isn't the point of the forum to ask questions and share info....no need to take shots at people
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
My interview experience was a bit different from everyone else because I'm a reapplicant. I interviewed w/ Shirley, and she asked why I thought I didn't get admitted last year and what I've done to improve myself as an applicant. She also asked why I was applying for the program when I've already taken all the accounting prerequisites and can get a job right now in accounting. We talked about the breakfast and the recruitment process. I think she also asked why tax since I applied for the MBT program. I can't remember what else she asked, but it was pretty specific to my application. She said I would probably get into the program, but she also gave me tips since she said I seemed nervous and a bit monotone. :( I also had to send her updated transcripts, so she told me I won't know until a week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats squiggly. sounds like you got in if that's what shirley said... just curious why also mbt?

orientation is july 12 thurs
summer class june 16 mon
and a week between end of summer intensive and start of fall semester aug 25

i heard it was pretty difficult to get any on campus housing. i'll have to unfortunately commute 25 miles in traffic, :x

silvertt, did you receive that CIR email form shirley maxey about the deposit, etc? it should state if u got any scholarships or assistance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^ ask80, i just reread the entire email and there is no talk of financial aid at all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Goosemen 515

I think you are on the wrong forum, taking shots at people !! We are sharing information and experience here...If you are concerned on what people wear to the interview, and if you find cathy hot or not, might i mention- it might be a good idea to provide a link of this forum to cathy on and let her know how you think about her..
Let me tell you once more..if you are not willing to respond to answers posted in the forum...either do not respond or just say you cannot answer the question. Keep to the rules of forum.. Do not take shots at people... People will know what kind of a person you are when you get on campus....
If you cant be helpful do not be rude...Lets leave it at that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i just had my interview last wed on the 9th, and shirley said any scholarship info will be included in the acceptance e-mail. has anyone heard the decision LATER than 1 week after the interview? i need to respond to somewhere else by the 15th...would it be ok to call usc to ask?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'd say call and ask. it wouldn't hurt. mine took about 6 days to see my status online. and my financial assistance (which is none :cry: ) was listed in my acceptance email. just curious where else you've applied to , krnxcookie? Austin?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed monday and was officially accepted on friday, but no i haven't heard anything about financial aid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Krnxcookie- It took about two weeks for me to receive my acceptance e-mail and CIR info. I called after about a week and they told me to e-mail Shirley. I needed my official acceptance letter for an outside scholarship i applied to, and she got back to me with in a day or two of me e-mailing her.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ask80,
yeah the other place i applied to is ut austin. having a hard time trying to decide (if i get into usc that is).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lucky you krnxcookie. i would have love to move to austin. it'd be nice to get out of cali since i've been here my whole life. and they are one of the top accounting schools. and ausin has been voted top 10 places to live because of cost of living, jobs, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for those who were accepted:

did you guys receive your USC email address? right now i am TOTALLY in the dark. i know nothing about financial aid, housing, my usc account/email..

my friend from USC just told me that the summer parking auction is tomorrow. just a reminder for those who want a permit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
ask80: to make my answer short, i want to pursue a career in tax planning, and i want to make myself a better job applicant. i like tax as well, and i think i would be happier in tax than in auditing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts