Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Finance, Economics, Accounting
GPA: 4.0 UG and 3.6 MSA
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
ows1982 wrote:
Hey guys, I applied USC Macc 1/8 but heard nothing so far.

Does USC send accept or reject letter by mail? or email?

And do they conduct interview to international students who live outside of U.S?

I took GMAT again after I applied and got higher score. Then I asked USC if they receive my new GMAT score, but they never reply my email.

They do tend to take a while to respond to emails... so if you've only recently sent it, give it time.

I'm not sure about international students - but I live on the other side of the country from USC and they let me do a phone interview. I received my interview invite, as well as my acceptance and scholarship decision via email first, followed by mail.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AICPA, Cal CPA, CPA Licensed in CA
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys you need to be patient with the admissions office. I'm sure Shirley, Cathy, and the rest of the Masters Program staff are busy trying to take care of all potential incoming students and current students as well. Given the increased popularity in the program (I am told the applications so far this year are already higher than last year) I wouldn't expect a quick turn around in questions compared to the past.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I just got an email from Shirley about setting up a campus visit to discuss about my goal and how it fit with the program. Any suggestion and advices for the interview?

Dress code?
What to bring?
What questions should I expect?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Quote:
Dress code?
What to bring?
What questions should I expect?

Hi Wang Huaxia,
Best of luck to you! I had my interview last month. I dressed up formal/business (suit, shiny shoes). Brought a purse and a padfolio w- my resume. Seems like the other interviewees were doing the same; but I wouldn't worry about the details of what to bring, as long as you look presentable. My questions were -

why accounting?
what are you doing at your current job?
what did you do at your past job that made you want to focus on accounting?
how did you like your undergrad/major?

cheers
- S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you sonia! i received the email from Shirley Maxey about setting up the campus visit on last sunday, and i replied her. Until now she hasn't gotten back to me. I called her office, but no one was there.

Will you be notified about your admission status right away after the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wanghuaxia wrote:
Thank you sonia! i received the email from Shirley Maxey about setting up the campus visit on last sunday, and i replied her. Until now she hasn't gotten back to me. I called her office, but no one was there.

Will you be notified about your admission status right away after the interview?

I was notified informally at the end of my interview that I was accepted. 3 or 4 days later I was emailed by formal decision, then received a packet in the mail about a week later.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
shannondu10 wrote:

I was notified informally at the end of my interview that I was accepted. 3 or 4 days later I was emailed by formal decision, then received a packet in the mail about a week later.

My process was about the same as Shannon's.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
finally, i got mail from USC.
i haven't gotten any mail from USC since I submitted application in december.
"Your college transcript is missed"
cool huh?
but absolutely better than rejection mail.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
So I had my interview last tuesday with Shirley Maxey.
She kinda scared me, but overall I think it went ok. I mean she kept hinting that I would get in, and I would be happy with her answer, and I would do well in the program. But I didn't get a definite confirmation. She said she would hold on to my application for a week and talk with Cathy and a Jean (?), when they get back from conducting interviews in China.

Well I am feeling a bit impatient and extremely nervous! Its been a week and I haven't heard anything yet...

when do you guys think that it would be ok for me to check back. And who should I contact, Shirley who did my interview, or Cathy who I have talked to before regarding my application?

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ccn wrote:
So I had my interview last tuesday with Shirley Maxey.
She kinda scared me, but overall I think it went ok. I mean she kept hinting that I would get in, and I would be happy with her answer, and I would do well in the program. But I didn't get a definite confirmation. She said she would hold on to my application for a week and talk with Cathy and a Jean (?), when they get back from conducting interviews in China.

Well I am feeling a bit impatient and extremely nervous! Its been a week and I haven't heard anything yet...

when do you guys think that it would be ok for me to check back. And who should I contact, Shirley who did my interview, or Cathy who I have talked to before regarding my application?

Thanks!!

let us know if you have any result. i didnt get an immediate offer too last week. but USC is my top choice among other schools i applied due to family and business reason. I am worried about the result now. if i cant get in i have to go to the east coast.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so after much much debate...I decided to call the school.

Cathy and Jean (?) the other person, I can't exactly remember her name. I think she is filling in for Sara who was pregnant earlier this year...

anyways the person I talked too said that they won't be back from conducting interviews in China, till either later on tonight or tomorrow night. But they might be jetlagged, so maybe final decisions will not be sent out till next week.

So hang in there guys!! I know what its like! I will keep you updated if I hear anything else
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still No Update. It seems we have to wait till next week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How soon after submitting your application did you get an interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been waiting for 2 months and no news so far. So I called Marshall this morning and the lady said that we are still processing. Ah.....

Originally posted by ppt5431 on 22 Mar 2010, 14:55.
Last edited by ppt5431 on 22 Mar 2010, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ppt5431 wrote:
I have been waiting for 2 months and no news so far. So I called Marshall this moring and the lady said that we are still processing. Ah.....

Are your stats above average?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys for all your advice! Just found out I got into USC!

I e-mailed Shirley, and she told me. Then I found the official acceptance online!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thats awesome ccn! Congrats!

How long is it taking USC to invite you for the interview after you apply? I completed my application on March 1 and haven't heard from them yet and I'm getting a little nervous. My stats aren't really great or really bad, just kind of in the middle.

GPA
UC San Diego 3.6
San Diego CC 3.14 (I was a transfer student)
Cumulative around 3.35

GMAT 680 (90% verbal/60%quant)
4.5 AWA

How long did it take you guys to hear from USC regarding the interview invite or rejection notice : (
How do my stats look?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts