Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 08:01 It is currently 02 May 2024, 08:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Thank you for your support and information CFACharterholder22.

I am wondering why the admission package from my "safety school" doesn't mention "deadline". I hope I didn't miss anything.

Happy 4th of July for everyone!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,
I just got an inquiry from the admissions committee. I live and work in NJ while my employer is in CA and the adcom needs an explanation.
I've planned it along the following lines. It would be great if I could get suggestions:
I've been with this company for the last 7.5 years. I started working in CA(HQ). I moved to the NY/NJ area after I got married. My wife's job would not allow relocation while mine did. Our team(software development) in any case has a multi-national presence with members in 3 different countries and they have been in several projects I led. The move was with the complete consent of management. There has been no disruption to my work and I continue to lead projects with people in the US, Canada and India.

Not sure if the above would suffice.
Thank you very much and have a great 4th of July!
My profile:
33 yr old, Indian male techie with a Green card
GMAT: 730 (V42, Q49)
GPA: First Class, did not make an attempt to convert to GPA
MS in Industrial Engineering in a US school: GPA: 3.34
CPIM(certified in production and inventory management)
Also completed a Manufacturing technology course at UC Berkeley with an A+
Work ex: 8 years in software dev(now lead mid-large scale dev initiatives as a project lead)
xtra curriculars: nothing great
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rskaushik wrote:
It would be great if I could get suggestions

I'm glad that atleast one male indian techie got some response. You might want to check the business week forum because a number applicants there have got a similar request. But to me your response looks okay....I mean I dont know what else you can say....

And a big congrats to all the admits....can someone congratulate me on my predictions !!!!

Have a good one, all!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rskaushik wrote:
Hi all,
I just got an inquiry from the admissions committee. I live and work in NJ while my employer is in CA and the adcom needs an explanation.
I've planned it along the following lines. It would be great if I could get suggestions:
I've been with this company for the last 7.5 years. I started working in CA(HQ). I moved to the NY/NJ area after I got married. My wife's job would not allow relocation while mine did. Our team(software development) in any case has a multi-national presence with members in 3 different countries and they have been in several projects I led. The move was with the complete consent of management. There has been no disruption to my work and I continue to lead projects with people in the US, Canada and India.

Not sure if the above would suffice.
Thank you very much and have a great 4th of July!
My profile:
33 yr old, Indian male techie with a Green card
GMAT: 730 (V42, Q49)
GPA: First Class, did not make an attempt to convert to GPA
MS in Industrial Engineering in a US school: GPA: 3.34
CPIM(certified in production and inventory management)
Also completed a Manufacturing technology course at UC Berkeley with an A+
Work ex: 8 years in software dev(now lead mid-large scale dev initiatives as a project lead)
xtra curriculars: nothing great

Hey Rskaushik,

you have a nice, solid profile. Great Q / V balance on the GMAT!

As to your reply, I would say something like… “Over seven years ago I started with XXXX company in CA, but the culture of our company allows for and encourages successful long distance collaboration, which enables me to operate out of NY without diminishing my effectiveness. Based on our needs at the time, my wife and I decided to make a move to New York on XXX DATE. My supervisor fully supported this relocation, which has been very successful for all involved and led to no disruption of my work whatsoever.”

But this is merely my own opinion / suggestion. Obviously your own judgment is most important!
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
langonefall08 wrote:
And a big congrats to all the admits....can someone congratulate me on my predictions !!!!

LOL! Kudos!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FYI: The count is 172.
Approx. 37% of the Fall class is now in the DB.

I presume that there should be a huge jump early next week as the admits from Wed. get their deposits in. Things should get super busy again on the 9th, if past precedent holds true this year.

On another note, have any of the earlier admits heard anything from or about Kroll?
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
If anyone is curious, I paid yesterday using the credit card option and faxing the receipt, and I am already in the database. It's official!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
FYI: The count is 172.
Approx. 37% of the Fall class is now in the DB.

I presume that there should be a huge jump early next week as the admits from Wed. get their deposits in. Things should get super busy again on the 9th, if past precedent holds true this year.

On another note, have any of the earlier admits heard anything from or about Kroll?

i'm still waiting on Kroll.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Database = 183.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Actually they are admitting students quicker than they did in the past. According to Tenore's numbers from last year, they had 130 admitted by July 4th, as opposed to 172 we are seeing this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When should the deposit/acceptance be returned? I never received an acceptance packet in the mail...
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
I didn't get the packet in the mail yet either. The deposit instructions are in the "New Student Tour", linked in the status check website or if you go under "Accepted students" from the homepage. You have 2 weeks from the e-mail notification.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q49  V39
Send PM
I am still waiting for ANY type of decision here. Just curious though...should I be concerned with the fact that Stern is still taking application?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jerseygirl wrote:
I am still waiting for ANY type of decision here. Just curious though...should I be concerned with the fact that Stern is still taking application?

Not at all, it is really meaningless. Every year, the Langone program accepts applicants long after the deadline. With over 60% of the seats remaining, it’s not time to worry at all (easier said than done, I know!).

I speculate that part of the reason apps are still being accepted is that NYU wants as many applicants as possible so that they can appear more selective. This helps the Langone program maintain its ranking. Additionally, the program may get a few more high quality students if it keeps the application door open. From what I see on the database, the adcom really tries to put together a diverse, well rounded class.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:

Not at all, it is really meaningless. Every year, the Langone program accepts applicants long after the deadline. With over 60% of the seats remaining, it’s not time to worry at all (easier said than done, I know!).

I speculate that part of the reason apps are still being accepted is that NYU wants as many applicants as possible so that they can appear more selective. This helps the Langone program maintain its ranking. Additionally, the program may get a few more high quality students if it keeps the application door open. From what I see on the database, the adcom really tries to put together a diverse, well rounded class.

Thanks for the reassurance. In theory, the adcom reviews all the on-time applications first, right? I must have been waiting too long for a decision and ideas just start popping up in my head!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jerseygirl wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance. In theory, the adcom reviews all the on-time applications first, right? I must have been waiting too long for a decision and ideas just start popping up in my head!

I wish I could say yes, but the past people who have applied late have been accepted early and vice versa. A poor girl who applied early with a 760 gmat didn't hear until late july in one year's thread.

In my best guess, the truly exceptional candidate …the ivy grad wit a 3.7 GPA, 730 gmat and a management job at a top 10 IB… will get in early. In fact, if such an app applied today, he’d probably get an admit the following Wednesday. As to the rest of us, it seems pretty random.

Being in an underrepresented group (females) and having a very good gmat score puts you in a good position, even with your GPA. Nothing is certain, but I wouldn’t worry too much.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:

I wish I could say yes, but the past people who have applied late have been accepted early and vice versa. A poor girl who applied early with a 760 gmat didn't hear until late july in one year's thread.

In my best guess, the truly exceptional candidate …the ivy grad wit a 3.7 GPA, 730 gmat and a management job at a top 10 IB… will get in early. In fact, if such an app applied today, he’d probably get an admit the following Wednesday. As to the rest of us, it seems pretty random.

Being in an underrepresented group (females) and having a very good gmat score puts you in a good position, even with your GPA. Nothing is certain, but I wouldn’t worry too much.

You know what I need.....a drink. Then I will stop thinking :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  60