Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 16:19 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 16:19
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1650 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Texas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: peer review? [#permalink]
praet, perhaps we can add in a description underneath or a 'Instructions' thread in the forum so people aren't afraid/don't know what to post in there.

description could be something like - 'post your profile, application strategy, school choice, or essays for peer advice'
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
How is the Peer Review forum intended to be different from the Member Profiles forum, then? I'm just curious.

jasonc wrote:
praet, perhaps we can add in a description underneath or a 'Instructions' thread in the forum so people aren't afraid/don't know what to post in there.

description could be something like - 'post your profile, application strategy, school choice, or essays for peer advice'
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I believe Peer Review is intended for those of us that have not yet applied and are seeking advice regarding school choice and strategy, where as Member Profile is more for those of us that have applied, and would like people to know a little more about themselves, and to share what has worked.

Peer Review - asking for advice
Member Profile - giving advice

~Sam
VP
VP
If that is indeed the case, then perhaps one of the mods can move some of the threads started in the Member Profiles forum by the Fall 2009'ers (mine included) and we'll take the initiative to spark a lively discussion on new Peer Review forum? 8-)

sam77sam7 wrote:
I believe Peer Review is intended for those of us that have not yet applied and are seeking advice regarding school choice and strategy, where as Member Profile is more for those of us that have applied, and would like people to know a little more about themselves, and to share what has worked.

Peer Review - asking for advice
Member Profile - giving advice

~Sam
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1650 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
i thought a lot of members asked for a peer review forum. I don't have any strong opinions on this.

I am not exactly sure who first proposed the idea. The member proposing the idea is often the best person to lead the forum discussions. rhyme and lhotse did a great job with this forum and the results are for everyone to see.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
I thought member profiles was a more secure section of the forum where we could post profiles with a bit more detail than we would in the general B-School Application section. I didn't expect additional feedback by posting there....Peer Review would be a great spot for profile review and feedback by our peers, much like the Ask Paul section....

cheers,
ac.
VP
VP
That's actually a pretty good idea and something I'd love to participate in - there's a bunch of threads in the B-School Application and the Member Profiles section that could probably be moved to the new Peer Review forum.

Clearly there is interest in a forum like that.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Does the "Peer Review" forum have the same access restrictions as the "Member Profile" forum does? I prepared a profile with some pretty detailed commentary that is ready for peer review but I'd only be comfortable sharing that kind of information with those who have earned "trusted member" status. I just don't want all my personal information accessible to any old forum troll whose intentions are completely unknown.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
I was one of the first users to suggest the Peer Review Forum. My original intent was to have a place for non-members to post profile evaluation requests (like Paul Bodine's). I was thinking that it would keep the b-school application forum more organized. It is also a good place for members to post profile evaluation requests that are more visible; that is, there are more users that can view/comment than inside the members only forum.

I thought the member forum was intended to be more personal. Therefore, the posts should not be made public because the people who posted them were under the impression that they would only be seen by trusted members.

Anyway, that is my interpretation of both sections. As for making the Peer Review Forum more visible, I think adding a description is a great idea. If that doesn't work, we could put a sticky up too.

Originally posted by maverick2011 on 12 Jul 2008, 19:06.
Last edited by maverick2011 on 12 Jul 2008, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
YihWei wrote:
Does the "Peer Review" forum have the same access restrictions as the "Member Profile" forum does? I prepared a profile with some pretty detailed commentary that is ready for peer review but I'd only be comfortable sharing that kind of information with those who have earned "trusted member" status. I just don't want all my personal information accessible to any old forum troll whose intentions are completely unknown.

The idea of the "Peer Review" forum was to have NO restrictions. You could place the same profile that you used with admissions.com. The "trusted member" forum should be kept private to users who haven't earned access. My $.02.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
So, is it still OK to ask for feedback in the Member Profile forum?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
YihWei wrote:
So, is it still OK to ask for feedback in the Member Profile forum?

Now that we have the peer area we should keep the feedback there I think. You can just add more and more stuff about your profile, application process, decisions, etc...in the profile area.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Whatever we decide on as the purpose for the 'peer review' forum - we should post a short description below similar to whats below most other sub-forums
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I figured peer review was pretty self explanatory. Once a few profiles get posted there people will get the idea I think.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I originally thought that section as for essay review which I thought was a little to open for a public chat room. Thanks for clearing that up.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
the Fall 2009 applicants can just create a less-detailed version of their Members Profile post in the Peer Review forum for more peer review.

The Members' Profile forum allows us to keep a semi-blog of our thoughts, our experiences, and our profile. The Peer Review forum is purely for similar profiles that get posted on "Ask Accepted.com", except allowing others on GMATClub to throw in their 2 cents.

maverick, lead the way. :)
Current Student
I agree with river that more people will use it once they see some profiles in there. I'll try to post mine today.

Can someone post the following description (or something similar) under the forum name?

"This sub-forum is open to everyone. Post profile evaluation requests, application strategy questions, school choice questions, or essays for peer advice."

Also, I noticed that the Peer Review sub-forum is not linked from the board index page under "The B-School Application".
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2