Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Tangaroo wrote:
I tried searching Ratemyprofessors awhile back on some of the core class professors but had no luck. Has anyone else been able to find them on there? If not, I would appreciate some insider knowledge on the core professors if one has any - you can PM me if anything :wink:

RMP used to be an undergrad staple for me lol.

I tried searching too but no luck. I finally gave up and registered for courses the past weekend. Hey if your not taking the same classes as me, I will let you know abt them after the first semester :).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
asharc wrote:
Does anyone have a kroll update yet?

Kroll recently contacted my job, which was aprox. 10 days after I faxed the form and paid them. Interesting note: in the form that they faxed, there was a checkbox which asks, “If the reported title differs from the actual title, are they equivalent?” I know a few people were concerned about differing titles, but it clearly is a common thing and no big deal.

I am guessing that the backup is on NYU’s end, and not Kroll’s. I bet someone at the Stern admissions office has like 100 – 150 Kroll reports waiting in their inbox.

Anyone brave enough to call NYU and ask when the Kroll results will be reported to the admitted students??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would someone please let us know the latest database count?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rskaushik wrote:
Would someone please let us know the latest database count?

The latest is 237. It seems like it was updated this afternoon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Count is now at 254. There's definitely still a delay though, they got my check last Wed. and my name just appeared today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They are still accepting applications... :? Then why have a deadline and how does it benefit applicants who has submitted before the deadline?
I am still 'patiently' waiting the verdict. :|
I am assuming by Aug 1, most of the class will be filled. 2 more weeks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anybody has completed kroll? I faxed the form almost two weeks ago. Two days later one person contacted me to ask me for a copy of my degree since then i havent heard any more. I know they havent called my job and i am starting to get worried since my BS is from a foreign institution and they are pretty disorganized, so i am not sure how kroll will verify my degree and transcripts with them.

Anybody has a BS from a foreign university?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q49  V39
Send PM
latrellrox wrote:
They are still accepting applications... :? Then why have a deadline and how does it benefit applicants who has submitted before the deadline?
I am still 'patiently' waiting the verdict. :|
I am assuming by Aug 1, most of the class will be filled. 2 more weeks...

Yeah, I don't understand the logic behind it either. LOL, I like how you put quotes around patiently. It's gonna feel like years until we reach August 1....for those of us who have to wait until that day anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MeWantsMBA wrote:
anybody has completed kroll? I faxed the form almost two weeks ago. Two days later one person contacted me to ask me for a copy of my degree since then i havent heard any more. I know they havent called my job and i am starting to get worried since my BS is from a foreign institution and they are pretty disorganized, so i am not sure how kroll will verify my degree and transcripts with them.

Its been 4+ weeks since I started mine and I had a BS from a foreign univ. Yeah, I was contacted 3 weeks back for my undergrad certificates(I didnt hear back from them after I gave them the certificates.) and I heard they contacted my employer like 2 weeks ago.

So dont worry, from what I understand Kroll submits its report back to school with whatever they could verify and NYU reviews it before updating your status. I am assuming it isnt a big deal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
MeWantsMBA wrote:

I have a BE from a foreign univ and unfortunately I never went back to collect the degree. It can only be collected in person. No one else really to blame but I got through my Masters, 5yrs work and visa processsing everything based on a provisional certificate that shows graduation and percentage. NYU wants the degree and hence won't consider my application complete.

So really I don't think I stand a chance. It's unfortunate if after all this an undergraduate degree prevents an admission. But then, I really am the one to blame. Has been a while and since I never needed it didn't bother on collecting it which can be done only in person. This process will take me atleast a month.

Anyone with similar experience on submitting a document late. They just notified me last week. :( Had it been earlier I would have got it by now. :(

Any ideas?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
asharc wrote:

Kroll recently contacted my job, which was aprox. 10 days after I faxed the form and paid them. Interesting note: in the form that they faxed, there was a checkbox which asks, “If the reported title differs from the actual title, are they equivalent?” I know a few people were concerned about differing titles, but it clearly is a common thing and no big deal.

I am guessing that the backup is on NYU’s end, and not Kroll’s. I bet someone at the Stern admissions office has like 100 – 150 Kroll reports waiting in their inbox.

Anyone brave enough to call NYU and ask when the Kroll results will be reported to the admitted students??

I believe this is the case as well -- that NYU probably has Kroll reports waiting on their end. I'm going on over 4 weeks since I've started the process. Kroll called my employer about 1 week after I started the process, and so I thought I'd hear from NYU sooner but it hasn't happened yet. I did email NYU and asked approximately how long the process usually takes and they wrote this back:

"NYU Stern reviews all verification process reports in a timely manner. You will receive an email when the NYU Stern review is complete. We look forward to welcoming you to NYU Stern."

On another note, have any admits received anything from the financial aid office yet? I submitted my FAFSA in early June, but haven't gotten an award letter or anything from the NYU financial aid office yet. I'm starting to freak out a little since the payment deadline (aug. 11th) is right around the corner.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
nyu08,

I submitted my fafsa info back in mid-june and haven't heard anything yet either. I'm getting worried about the deadline as well. Do you think we should call nyu if we don't hear anything by the end of this month?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nyu08 wrote:
Tenore wrote:
asharc wrote:

I believe this is the case as well -- that NYU probably has Kroll reports waiting on their end. I'm going on over 4 weeks since I've started the process. Kroll called my employer about 1 week after I started the process, and so I thought I'd hear from NYU sooner but it hasn't happened yet. I did email NYU and asked approximately how long the process usually takes and they wrote this back:

"NYU Stern reviews all verification process reports in a timely manner. You will receive an email when the NYU Stern review is complete. We look forward to welcoming you to NYU Stern."

On another note, have any admits received anything from the financial aid office yet? I submitted my FAFSA in early June, but haven't gotten an award letter or anything from the NYU financial aid office yet. I'm starting to freak out a little since the payment deadline (aug. 11th) is right around the corner.

I'd call the financial aid office. They were exceptionally helpful with me.
I submitted my fafsa in early June as well. While I do not have an award letter, I have an email confirmation of the amount of the award, which is enough to register with and fulfill the requirements for the Aug 11th deadline.

As to the Kroll, I am guessing we'll hear en masse in late July / early Aug. Were they expecting to boot a lot of us, I am sure they'd give Kroll a higher priority...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asharc wrote:
nyu08,

I submitted my fafsa info back in mid-june and haven't heard anything yet either. I'm getting worried about the deadline as well. Do you think we should call nyu if we don't hear anything by the end of this month?

Yes, I think I might even try to call them this week just to see what's going on. I know on the NYU financial aid website it says that the FAFSA should be submitted in March or April, but I didn't even have my application in by then. And I think there are others in the same boat -- those who don't submit the FAFSA until they are admitted. So I hope NYU can still get financial aid letters out on time to those who have submitted the FAFSA in June or July, since most part-timers probably don't submit until then anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tenore wrote:

I'd call the financial aid office. They were exceptionally helpful with me.
I submitted my fafsa in early June as well. While I do not have an award letter, I have an email confirmation of the amount of the award, which is enough to register with and fulfill the requirements for the Aug 11th deadline.

As to the Kroll, I am guessing we'll hear en masse in late July / early Aug. Were they expecting to boot a lot of us, I am sure they'd give Kroll a higher priority...

Thanks for this information. I'll call the office then.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
MeWantsMBA wrote:

I have a BE from a foreign univ and unfortunately I never went back to collect the degree. It can only be collected in person. No one else really to blame but I got through my Masters, 5yrs work and visa processsing everything based on a provisional certificate that shows graduation and percentage. NYU wants the degree and hence won't consider my application complete.

So really I don't think I stand a chance. It's unfortunate if after all this an undergraduate degree prevents an admission. But then, I really am the one to blame. Has been a while and since I never needed it didn't bother on collecting it which can be done only in person. This process will take me atleast a month.

Anyone with similar experience on submitting a document late. They just notified me last week. :( Had it been earlier I would have got it by now. :(

Any ideas?

Wow, this is terrible… I really feel for you.

Were I in that situation, I’d be perfectly honest with them. I’d say that you were admitted to XXX graduate program with the conditional certificate and thus did not anticipate that NYU would require more. That attending NYU is extremely important to you and that you are willing to fly to XXX country to get the official certificate if necessary, but that it will take a little time / must be done in person. And finally, that you hope that adcom can process your application conditionally, before you provide the official document, since it will probably take you 4 - 5 weeks to actually get the document.

If this doesn’t work, I’d seriously consider making a weekend trip if you can afford it. You’ll probably need the document to get into any MBA program, but you certainly don’t want to lose your shot with NYU for something so small.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
Wow, this is terrible… I really feel for you.

Were I in that situation, I’d be perfectly honest with them. I’d say that you were admitted to XXX graduate program with the conditional certificate and thus did not anticipate that NYU would require more. That attending NYU is extremely important to you and that you are willing to fly to XXX country to get the official certificate if necessary, but that it will take a little time / must be done in person. And finally, that you hope that adcom can process your application conditionally, before you provide the official document, since it will probably take you 4 - 5 weeks to actually get the document.

If this doesn’t work, I’d seriously consider making a weekend trip if you can afford it. You’ll probably need the document to get into any MBA program, but you certainly don’t want to lose your shot with NYU for something so small.

Thanks Tenore. Appreciate your thoughtfulness. I feel good about my response to them now, because the above as you mentioned is exactly what I told them. I will definitely make all efforts to get the certificate and can make a trip down there ASAP if I get a conditional admit and can provide the document in 4 wks. haven't heard back from them. I'll give them a day and then call tomorrow.

The funny thing is I got my H1 Visa processed three times with the Provisional Certificate and now it is suddenly such a big deal.

Fingers crossed. Let's see if lady luck smiles and adcom is willing to consider this.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  60